25 November, 2012

Starting over again

¡Hola! 80 days before I turn 23 ( again ) — and I am sooo back. I miss this. I miss blogging. I miss thinking about the next blog post that should be up. I miss writing. I miss hopping from one blog to another. It's funny how there are still days when I'd like to kick myself for accidentally yet permanently deleting my first blog. I did sulk for a while, but what can I do? Life moves on, right?Ö

Happy to be back
I started blogging in 2003 and this comeback that I'm doing is going to be a lot of work. Many things changed in ten years. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc brought transformations and made this interactive form of sharing information on the Internet more exciting. There's much catching up to do with old blog friends and at the same time, I am excited to make new ones. It amuses me how things have turned out, from accidentally deleting my first blog to creating a new one fast-forward to an unwanted forced hiatus to today. It's a long story. I'm coming from feeling distressed because there was something that I badly wanted to do, but was being told not to. I won't go into the details because it will make you furious, but you guys know how some folks have these pre-conceived notions about bloggers. You do get the picture, right? And yet today, I am happily typing away. Everything just comes pouring out again. It did take a while but there's no place I'd rather be than here. I'm happy to be back at the starting line.


Rediscovered in the most unlikely place
I can't believe that I have almost forgotten how fun and therapeutic this is. Right now, every nerve in my body is excited about a lot of stuff. I am ecstatic, like a 5-year old little girl kind of happy who just got her first Barbie — getting my groove back to write, to take photos again, and do things that make my heart smile without letting others stop me from doing something I find meaningful to me. This time around, I know that I can seize and embrace every chance that I have to write.

I am finally doing the things that I have always wanted to do, one step at a time.

Can you imagine how happy I was when I saw a message from Blogspot asking if I wanted to claim superwonderwomanruss? It must have been fated. I almost jumped for joy! Obviously, I didn't waste any precious minute. And here I am, blogging like it's the first time.Ü I hope you all join me in my new adventures as I discover new places, meet new people ( I hope one of 'em will be you ), try new dishes, and learn everything else in between. La vita è bella. Life is beautiful.  ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


Image Credit: Shout Thoughts


55 comments:

Ben Butler said...

Blogging is a great outlet. It lets you get out your thoughts, and it lets you hone your writing. Both of which are really fun. Glad to see you're back in the saddle!

Rachel Ralston said...

Welcome back and congrats on getting your old domain back! I know a lot of things have changed but you will figure it out. =)

Anastasia S. said...

Welcome back! I hope you can find joy in Blogging :)

P Bishop said...

Welcome back. It's good to know that if I want to take a break in the future, I can come back and still love it. An encouraging blog!

Mrs. Mashed Up said...

Congratulations. And welcome back to the biosphere. I also find blogging therapeutic, and inspiring. :-) Awesome pickup name from Blogspot.

Rochkirstin Santos said...

It's great that you have your domain name available and it's like fated for you specifically! Great vibes and positivism are all I can sense from this article! May you have more of it in the next months. :)

Bonnie Gowen said...

Welcome back. =) There has been so many changes and new social outlets like you had mention but it's a great thing.

Julie Tucker said...

Congrats Russ on your come back! What fun starting over can be. A new beginning to a past life!

John Lopez said...

Welcome back, look forward to more of your posts!

Rebecca Swenor said...

Congrats on your domain name and welcome back. :) Blogging can be good for the soul. :)

Marielle Altenor said...

I started my first blog on blogpost. I still remember the feeling of starting a new blog.

Claudia said...

Glad you came back. You will find it more interesting now. It is not so boring anymore.

Chrissy Mazzocchi said...

Welcome back to blogging! I love it as well :)

Jessica Peeling said...

I know exactly how you feel! I had to go on a hiatus for med school and it was such a relief to get back into blogging over the summer. Unfortunately, school starts again tomorrow. :(

Sandy Sandler said...

Welcome back to blogging. I can't wait to see and read all that you share.

Ann B said...

Welcome back and congrats on the domain. Blogging is such an outlet for many people. It is a great way to tell our stories and share with other people.

Kath Rivera said...

Blogging is a lot of fun and can ease away stress. Welcome back and cheers to more post :)

MaryJane Tauyan said...

well welcome back deaR! blogging is indeed so much fun! i enjoyed every time i am infront of the computer with my blog hahah

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

Welcome back dear :) We tend to stop and always go back to blogging :)

mail4rosey said...

Welcome back. You've been blogging a long time!

Leira Pagaspas said...

Blogging is a great way to tell the world who you really are. Its your voice!

Alyssa Collazo said...

Welcome back to blogging! And congrats on getting your old domain back!!

Michele D said...

Welcome back!
Enjoy it! Blogging is so much fun and you get to meet tons of others just like you. Cheers to your success!

Terry Chandler said...

Thats great that your back. I am new to the blogging world and I like it.

Natalie Summers said...

Blogging makes life a lot less stressful as it normally does.

Alysia Casteels said...

Happy to see you back! I did the same thing to my old blog as well so I can understand the frustration. This time around I chose a different niche but it's the same happy feeling- putting yourself out there, for the world! Love it or leave it earthlings! :P

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Happy that you started again so we could meet. :D
I´ve had a blogspot blog for almost 9 years and I´m starting over for the bloggaversary. :)

Ashley Nicholas said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to follow your blog! Be sure to ask if you need any updates!

Melissa Pezza said...

I'm so excited to read that you're back in action again! I don't know what I'd do without my blog.

Audrey said...

Good luck and welcome back to blogging! I just started my blog about 2 months ago and have enjoyed it so far. Check it out at www.trihardmom.com

Jennifer Juro said...

Welcome back to blogging! A break can do a person a ton of good especially to their writing juices!

CourtneyLynne said...

Glad to see you back in the blogging game!! Blogging an get stressful at times but at the end it is great :)

Masshole Mommy said...

Welcome back. I love blogging - it can be so therapeutic sometimes.

Michele D said...

Welcome back to Blogging! You must feel great. I wish you all the sucess.

Ann B said...

Welcome back to blogging. I look forward to reading your posts.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Welcome back! I started in 2008 and can't stop since then. Blogging gives me that avenue to express everything in my mind and heart.

Beth Williams said...

It's so important to blog about something your passionate about! Cant wait to follow along.

Krystal Butherus said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging. There are so many awesome communities for bloggers now and so much support!

Jenny said...

Sometimes taking a break is good. I've had to do it numerous times on my personal blog and occasionally on my main blog as i just get too burned out.

Elizabeth O. said...

Welcome back to blogging! Hope to read more of your posts in the coming days!

Bonnie Gowen said...

Glad to see you came back to the blogging world. =) I love your domain name.

Amby Felix said...

Welcome back to bloggy world! I know sometimes we need a break. I took a hiatus from YouTube and am now starting to come back.

Dogvills said...

Welcome back to the blogging community. You were missed. Congrats on getting your domain back

mail4rosey said...

I imagine there are a lot of big differences! I see some since I started just two years ago! Wishing you well on your journey. :)

Jacqueline said...

Right on, welcome back! I want to start writing more personal articles and get away from sponsored posts. We both have a ton of writing to do :)

Bhushavali said...

Welcome back!!! Looking forward for your new avatar!!

Fred Hawson said...

What did you mean by Blogspot asking you if you wanted to "claim" your blog? Did this entail any expenses on your part? 2003 -- you are a blogging veteran!

Rochkirstin Santos said...

Right, blogging is really therapeutic and it's also been a while since I last shared a personal post where I just write about feelings and recent life happenings not related to food or any event. :) We'll look forward to your updates and new adventures!

Franc said...

Blogging can be a great way to vent out. It's nice that you continue to rediscover the wonders of writing.

lee rosales said...

Blogging is not for everyone. You have to be passionate and love to write and share your thoughts to the public. Happy blogging!!!

yvonnembertoldo said...

Blogging really is very therapeutic when it comes to venting out what you feel in the most subtle way (for a public post) or in the most dramatic way (if it's a personal post). It has been a year since I started blogging and I surely am enjoying myself and the experience despite the hacking issues. :(

John Paul Quiambao said...

that's great news!. good luck on starting to blog again. i hope to learn more from you thru your blog. :)

Karla ( Karla Around the World) said...

Welcome back! Hope you have tons of fun sharing new things! Looking forward to reading your stuff soon!

Erica Villas said...

I just started blogging about my travels and I love it! I used to blog in high school but that was way too personal and too dramatic!

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

Wow, 12 years of blogging?! Impressive! I agree how so many things have changed in 10 years. And I'm glad I went throught the transition, experience the times without social media and learn to appreciate everything!