24 March, 2013

Battle Plan: Preparing for a no excuses lifestyle

My First 30-Day Challenge & A Hash Tag
Before I got extremely busy more than 5 weeks ago, I told some friends that I would like to get a little more serious with healthier living.
I wanted to name this project and got suggestions from girlfriends to call it #projectbalikalindog or #projectsexy, which were all okay. However I felt that it didn't quite cover my personal goals. I had something bigger in mind which led me to calling this new journey:
Project No Excuses.

This whole thing started when a good friend of mine, EGGIE - visited December of last year. She and her colleagues in SG were doing a month-on-month 30-day challenge. I can't remember how our conversation to me doing my first 30-day test: no coke zero for 30 days and this was for the entire month of January. It wasn't easy, but I managed. I want to thank her for that.

Fast forward to 24-March, that's today
My 2-month preparation is drawing to a close. I slowly got rid of soda, sweets, fast food, and those huge bags of chips. I'm neither depriving myself of the food that I love nor am I starving myself to death. To conclude my 2-month preparation and to help jump start Project No Excuses, I will be doing some sort of cleansing via Juju Cleanse. I have been reading a lot about it from articles and blog posts of others and it looks like I'm prepared, nothing I can't handle - haha. I got a bit more of inspiration today from Nicole Andersson's post about the Juju Cleanse back in 2011@micshulte's photo ( see image above ) that was posted via Instagram. 

I'm really excited about this and I look forward to all the good things that will unfold.  It's really all about going for the healthier choices. And the good news is, my Project No Excuses will officially start on 23-April.  ❥ __R.