07 April, 2013

BREAKFAST IS GOOD FOR THE HEART


One of my fab-o friends and I had a very interesting conversation. I'd rot in hell if I don't share it because I want to know what you guys think.
As I got older, I've come to love and enjoy breakfast ... plus breakfast dates. I get this effortless + strike anywhere + no assumptions + no strings attached kind of thing and it's   brimming with possibilities. 


You'll get pogi points if you take a girl on breakfast date & get her fave brekky meal!


 J:   I heard lunch is for people who use each other? Hmmmm ...
 R:  What the hell?
 R:  Am I waiting for something that's gonna make me fall off my chair?
 J:   I picked that up somewhere. :))
 J:   Dinner dates r for those who see somethin' promising.
 J:   Otherwise, there's lunch for just whatevs. LOL.
 R:  That's so, um ... chos! So what's for people like me?
 R:  I like breakfast dates more. Yea, better than lunch and dinner.
 J:   I haven't heard anything ish about breakfast so I guess u're good. HAHA.
 J:   Me loves bfast too more than the other 2. :)
 J:   Especially if it's befast with someone you wanna always wake up next to. :p
 J:   Bfast in bed would be the ish!!! :P
 R:  Right!! And, you might just find yourself ditching all scheduled activities for the day.
 R:  You'll never know :D


#1
You can be in your PJs and still look cute & pretty. You can go without combing your hair and this applies to both men and women. The ladies can just pull their locks into a pony tail or tie it up in a bun. Really, there is no dress code – unless you’re at a really posh hotel that’s uber strict with these kinds of things. When I'm on a trip, I like wearing these bright-colored bandanas so I could be as bright as the sunshine :D  

#2 
You learn so much about another person during breakfast while they do their stuff—doing their own mix of "sawsawan" for their "blank-silog” all-time favorite meal, glugging coffee, milk, or pineapple juice, spreading butter & jam ( notice how they have their feet propped on the chair ), reading the papers, watching UFC, boxing, basketball or whatever sport, getting a dose of current events via DZRH or DZMM, putting that DVD of that Filipino movie they never get tired of watching, and the list goes on! You can have the most mundane yet interesting and mentally stimulating conversations. 

#3
Technically, alcohol can be opted out of the equation but of course, that's optional. It's really nice to go on dates without booze. Some of you may not agree with me because there are people who depend on alcohol to loosen up and to lose their inhibitions. Do you really want that?  

Ready to plan your next breakfast date? :)  
❥ __R.


25 comments:

bxcrochet said...

That breakfast looks amazing! I used to not be a breakfast eater. Now I know how important it is.

Michelle F.

Jerboy Lupisan said...

Breakfast is also my favourite meal of the day for the main reason that there's not much time in morning to enjoy it. This is why I like my weekend breafasts when I have time to leisurely eat my silogs. Plus, buffets in hotels are usually awesome too.

Rubbie Anne Abad said...

Your breakfast looks so yummy! It's actually a favorite of mine! :)

Rochkirstin Santos said...

We are used to eating heavy meals with rice and a viand for breakfast. Yup, alcohol is out of the question. It's too acidic to kick start the day.

themommyavenger.com said...

Love breakfast dates! I didn't always love breakfast, but I totally do now.

EmmaT said...

This post made me laugh. Not sure I'd want to go out in my pjs - over here it's seen as trashy

P Bishop said...

Breakfast dates are the best for conservation. Everyone gets that coffee high and the conversation gets as good as the sausage and gravy!

Samantha Angell said...

Only on rare occasions do I usually eat breakfast. I do agree with your comment that it is nice to have dates without alcohol sometimes- my husband and I e-mailed for three months before our first date because he was abroad, so we knew each other pretty well by then!

Kung Phoo said...

I usually take my kids out on breakfast dates.. The conversations are a little different then dinner dates..

Annemarie Leblanc said...

Breakfast is the way to go, I prefer it over every meal of the day.

Marielle Altenor said...

If someone wants to have breakfast with you then it means they care enough to share their first meal with you. But that's just my opinion lol

Maria Constanza Oller said...

I love breakfast but I'm not a morning person lets say if would met my husband while breakfast 18 years. I would be still single right now

Tonya Lewis said...

Like they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Your breakfast looks very yummy

Ann B said...

I love breakfast and it is my favourite meal of the day. A Mimosa on a breakfast date would be nice!

Franc said...

I guess there's less effort when you go on breakfast dates and you'll also be the first person to occupy your partners day.

Hilary @ The RNY Life said...

Breakfast is my favorite meal but I never go out for breakfast. I love making breakfast for my family and eating at the table together in the morning.

Danielle said...

I so love breakfast. My son always loves having our little breakfast dates. We even go and have breakfast at dinner time.

Ave T said...

Lol, what a great conversation! I haven't had a breakfast date, but it sounds really fun. But sometimes my husband brings me breakfast in bed, it counts, doesn't it? :D

Rebecca Swenor said...

Interesting concept for sure. I don't know if I could do the breakfast thing without being dressed up thought,

RD Balita said...

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and yeah your right about buffet breakfast on the hotels, but what really catches my eye is your breakfast, looks very yummy.

Krystal Butherus said...

I love going out for breakfast or brunch! With mimosas of course! Yum!

Heather Jones said...

I love breakfast too! Most of the time my husband and I go out its to our local breakfast nook on the weekends.

mail4rosey said...

My husband reads his paper over breakfast and so do I (if I'm having it). Most people think that's rude...so he and I would have hit it right off over a breakfast date, because neither of us thinks that way. hahaha

I do think a breakfast date is a great idea though!!

hautefrugalista.com said...

You make a good point here about breakfast. I have never liked it but my husband could eat it in the morning, noon and night, so I learned to have breakfast at least once a day and make a date out of it!
xo,
Dee T
http://HauteFrugalista.com
@HauteFrugalista

Cynthia Wright said...

Lo, interesting theory! I had never heard these rules either.