15 September, 2013

10 THINGS I'M GRATEFUL FOR


Gratitude Journal, Day 01 
I committed to doing a Gratitude Challenge that will probably stretch from weeks to months. Something happened that really ticked me off and it took every ounce of well-mannered patience for me to not snap and not do something harebrained. As if the heavens were trying to talk to me, I suddenly got extremely busy and forgot about it.

I am well over this for a long time now. I choose to not let anyone have power over me. I still choose to do what is right despite unnecessary assumptions from others. I do not have to explain or prove myself to anyone. It's a free country and we are all entitled to feel whatever it is that we want to feel, but it's what we do about it that makes a difference. Krissy * krissyfied.com said something very appropriate, "It doesn't bother me that you talk about me behind my back.

What bothers me is you don't get all your facts right." my sentiments exactly.  Mother G told me to let it pass. Jess + Nins said the same and smacked some sense into me. I visited Tita B this afternoon and does anyone want to guess what she told me? Lastly, Celes' post also helped, said some stuff that struck me and made me look past the umbrage that I was feeling. So, how often do we assume that what we have today should rightfully be ours, rather than realizing that they are privileges, not rights?

The pseduo-assignment is ....
"I take stock of the positive things I have in my life, your first task of the 14-day challenge is to list 10 things you are grateful for in your life today. "10″ because it's a nice round number and it's not too much to ask you to come up with 10 things you are grateful for. If you can't, then it's really time to cultivate the habit of gratitude!" Original Post: [ LINK ]

›  I am grateful that I can tell anything to my Mom.
›  I am grateful for the gift of genuine friendship. Trust me, one doesn't need thousands.
›  I am grateful for unexpected friendships and the new people in my life.
›  I am grateful for Tita B, our paths crossed for a reason and I'll always be thankful for that unexpected encounter.
›  I am grateful for technology, faraway friends seem closer.


Photo Credit: Lovelliot

› I am grateful to the people who made these games: Tetris, Scrabble, and Ruzzle. You guys rock \m/
› I am grateful to the people who invented these: Cutter, Double-Side Tape, and Post-Its. You make my life a lot easier!
› I am grateful that I have a job.
› I am grateful for all the opportunities that have been given and will be given to me.
› I am grateful for all tomorrows because these give me a lot of hope & more chances to live, work, and love.

How 'bout you? What 10 things are you grateful for?
☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Good Vibes. __RUSS.

Currently Listening To


15 comments:

jassy said...

it doesn't bother me if they talk behind me as well just as long as I don't hear about it especially if it won't help me anyway. :)

Diana Villa said...

This is a very thoughtful post, thank you so much for sharing :)

P Bishop said...

I am working on gratitude as well. It seems one of the easiest way to quiet our world and make it peaceful. I am thankful for your blog.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I was just learning about how finding things to be grateful before you go to bed every night helps adrenal fatigue and lowers cortisol. I love the verses you chose--perfect!

Mad Typer said...

There is always something to be grateful for, I love to focus my self o those things I can be thankful for and change or fight for those I am not happy with

JaimeLovesStuff said...

A great reminder to be grateful even for the things that we might not otherwise be grateful for! I love it!

Leira Pagaspas said...

This is a great reminder thanks for posting this.

Franc said...

It's always nice to look back and be grateful of the things we have.

jared's mum said...

i have committed to updating my gratitude journal {a lovely purple notebook} regularly but it has been a while since i've written on it. thanks for inspiring me to keep up! keeping a gratitude journal is a perfect way to keep a thankful attitude + to continue counting our blessings! :)

Rhonda said...

Thanks for sharing! This was something I needed to read today!

Cococute Manaloto said...

We should all be grateful in everyday and every little things life has to offer us.

Joanna Sormunen said...

It is great to remember all the things we have to be greatful of. I'm intrigued by this myself, maybe I should start doing it also.

Payal Bansal said...

Its never too late to learn some great lessons from Life. Gratitude is one of them :)

Genzel Kisses said...

Thanks for sharing these things to us. I have a lot of things to be grateful for especially all the blessings for me everyday :)

Natalie MadeIt said...

There's a lot in life we should be more grateful for, this is a really great post.