30 September, 2013

BE GOOD AND IT WILL COME BACK TO YOU


I want to end September 2013 on a very positive note. I've been feeling very much at peace and happier these past months and I would like to spread these good vibes to whoever reads this post.Ü If you are going through something, just hang in there. If you are happy, be a blessing to others and share that happiness. You'd be surprised at what magic it can do.

John Lloyd Cruz aka JLC is one of the best actors of this generation. Like it or not, there’s just a handful of 'em "May K" these days. JLC has films that you can watch over and over and over again and never get tired of them — my current JLC movie night fixation is It Takes a Man and a Woman. I get this IK ( internal kilig ) each time there's a CU of John Lloyd. I cried in the scene where they showed a video clip of Miggy Montenegro's dad, Luis Montenegro played by Dante Rivero, was giving a speech. It's one of the best lines in a Filipino film
"I realized what I want my son to become. I just want him to be a good man. Be good in the face of failure.
Sometimes being the best means being the least. Be good even after you made a mistake.
Sometimes being good just boils down to being able to say sorry. Sometimes being good is loving the people who hurt you
and making the most difficult choices that may hurt the people you love.
Madalas sa kagustuhan nating maging pinaka-magaling, nakakalimutan natin maging mabuti.
We lose sight of the fact that every day is a struggle to just be better.
Being good is what kept my family together. Being good is what built and sustained this company.
Being good is what will move it forward for the future of our children and our children's children.
It’s not the easiest, but that is the best legacy a person can leave behind - to always live in goodness and just be a good man."

In school, we were taught that all individuals are born naturally good ... maybe so. Realistically speaking, it may be challenging for some to be good all the time. We live in a very competitive world. Sometimes, things can get ugly and uglier but at the end of day it matters how we justly deal and properly overcome whatever crap life throws at us + despite how others behave evilly towards us. I am a strong believer that goodness is contagious. Goodness radiates and returns goodness.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

When things turn sh*tty, remember that you can always silence and shut out that negative inner voice. After the awful series of life events that happened to me in 2012, I’ve come to accept that nothing in this world is ever permanent. It’s up to me, to us to live our lives happily. We are given tomorrows and more tomorrows to see less of what the world failed to give us. We are blessed with another day to love, work, and most of all, to live to become better versions of ourselves.
☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


Image Credit: @JEFFFRANDSEN, via Instagram.


24 comments:

Ricademus said...

Something very strange happened to me this weekend. I can't blog about it because no one would believe it--but it fits in with the theme of your post. I had lunch with a friend and he gave me a belated b-day card. I opened it when I got home and found $1,000US inside the card. He didn't owe me money and I'm not having money trouble. He just wanted to express his appreciation for me being a friend to him over the years. It's one of the strangest things that has happened to me.

jassy said...

it's so nice to know that you've been happier. i can see that 'cause you wouldn't go back to writing if you weren't :)

i think the greatest reason for that is that you surround yourself with God's Word. because God is with you. continue being in His presence, and it would be even better if you will even seek God. In God, the happiness that you feel will turn into joy and you will keep your peace. it's gonna be a journey but it's gonna be a great one :)

Russ R. said...

RICK.
You lucky you! Haha. Belated Happy Birthday Man.

JASSY.
I think it also comes with age and experiences. I'm not the same person I was 15 months ago. I'm happy with how things have turned out. Hey, hope all is well with you.

Liz Martin said...

russ it's definitely good to hear that you're feeling happy lately.:) and i agree, JLC's movies are the type you can watch over and over again.

Rochkirstin Santos said...

Being "good" in these days is somehow really subjective. We can't define what is good in society as there are many people coming from different cultures and backgrounds.

Kung Phoo said...

I want my son to be the exact same way. A good man, smart, sense of humor, and respectful. This is what we teach him daily..

Amanda T said...

As I am reading this, I can't help but think about living each day, day by day. There are some days I want to give up, and go live under a rock. But then there are days that I feel on top of the world, and those kindof make up for the bad days.

bxcrochet said...

Great blog post and title. I wish more people were positive and good to others.

Michelle F.

bxcrochet said...

Great blog post and title. I wish more people were positive and good to others.

Michelle F.

Nadia Venus said...

Thank you for spreading such a positive thinking towards the world. Mostly because it is going to do wonders for you today.

Stay happy :-)

Jennifer Zimmerman said...

Glad you're feeling happy. That's a good thing.

Patranila Jefferson said...

Sometimes all you can do is keep going!

Joanna Sormunen said...

I agree "send your bread accross the water". The good will always pay off.

Pehpot Pineda said...

you can always control what you feel and look on the brighter side of things :) That's what I always do, look for a consolation even in the darkest situation :)

Cheap Is The *New* Classy said...

I am glad that you are feeling happy. You definitely get back what you put in.

Payal Bansal said...

I am Glad, I read it completely. It is truly very inspirational

lloydy fernandez said...

Oh the title stunned me. It will be save into my mind. And yeah JLC movies are great. Especially the "one more chance" and they also got my name from that "popoy" actually my name is Jan Lloyd, lol

Alyssa Collazo said...

GREAT post!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Franc said...

We were all born innately good but there are always low moments that we are not good but you'll just have to find a way to be good the best way we can.

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

I love this post. Whenever I am in a tight situation. I end up feeling horrible but then again, I also take note that I had to be positive and stand up again. Reading quotes from the bible also helps me. Plus, I always keep in mind to always be kind - everything you do comes back to you ten folds.

Wendy said...

You hooked me with your title! I always wonder what other people define as "good." It's such an interesting thought to explore.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Taking notes of the film references to check. :)

Cococute Manaloto said...

That's the real way of Karma and even we don't remind yourself of Good Karma doing good and surrounding yourself with positive energy your everyday life will be better.

Michelle Knopp said...

I love the positivity. I think the greatest legacy we can leave behind is how well we treated others.