04 January, 2014

MAKING 2014 COUNT


I'm in a good space at the moment. I'm on track, as I like to call it. Christmas and New Year are both effective motivators. I feel extra connected to life's richer dimension. It's both affirming and comforting. Following that, I am acutely aware that this will pass.

I could be dumped and get sucked by daily struggles. There is also this guaranteed ticket to an easier route by just withdrawing for a quick, but really pathetic exit. It's natural for people to get seduced by ennui and dispiritedness because we, humans probably feel that there's a certain, albeit, self-destructive pleasure in entertaining them. However, I choose to do things differently. I'm glad that over the past 2 years, given that I know what possible results would arise from my actions and decisions, my 30-something-year-old self has started to have more control over my choices — which I think will come really handy in the actualization of so many goals that were put on hold in previous years. It's time to reach these goals and make new adventures! This year, I'm #MAKING2014COUNT.

#MAKING2014COUNT is a link-up hosted by Kelli Murray and 6 more bloggers. When I came across Kelli Murray's post in IG, I got so inspired, dropped by her blog and here I am ... I'm participating AND most importantly, I will keep my word & fulfill my part of the bargain.Ü

Image Credit: Kelli Murray


What is something you want to change, or a goal you want to set for the New Year, and what is your plan for making it happen?
One of my goals this year would be ridding myself of that last 3 or 5 stubborn pounds before I could say that I'm back at my ideal weight. In my When Numbers Make You Smile post last November, I wrote about celebrating my little victory of losing 13-lbs since week 3 of April. I weighed-in week 3 of December at the gym in Bellevue Manila & it looked like I'm still progressing with a total of 15.2 pounds lost in a period of 8 months.

I don't know how long it's going to take. I know it won't be easy because my left thyroid is not exactly cooperative.Ü Some days, it gets over-active and on far worse days, it switches to under-active mode. Believe me, it's a struggle. I do not want to be an overweight little girl, so yes ... I will cheat Science and I will prove some folks wrong. There's a way to battle hypothyroidism.

Friends, this is my 2014 battle plan:
a. I should religiously take my thyroid meds and see my endocrinologist more often.
b. I will continue to have the discipline to make time for exercise and most of all, to choose healthier options when eating.
c. I've done a great deal of improvement on this and it's time to level up from 6 hours of sleep to 7!

Many people choose a word to reflect on, live by, or aspire to for the New Year. Let us know your word, how you decided upon it, and how you hope to incorporate it into 2014. FAMILY.

I will make 2014 count by ... SPREADING THE LOVE in my own little gestures and most importantly, more than giving my time I will live in the now and just BE PRESENT regardless who I'm with and what I'm doing. Being present in the moment, that's when we start making things count.


☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.

4 comments:

Haley said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I struggle with hypothyroidism as well. Which explains why I have been stuck at the weight I am currently at. We can't get my meds figured out because the lowest dose doesn't do enough but the higher dose made me sicker than a dog :(. I know we can overcome our disease and we will feel even more victorious after. I wish you love and discipline in 2014. I have times where I completely forget my medicine, which is terrible, but life is so bust sometimes. We both will be better off if we slow down and take care of us, too!

You told your word for 2014, Family, why did you pick this word? I love hearing the reasons :)

Ricademus said...

You have a great plan and I know you are going to make 2014 a great year! I was glad to see you included sleep. I just read that getting proper sleep is as important as what we eat. Did you tell me that??? :)

Ricademus said...

You've got a good plan and I know you're going to make 2014 a great year! I was glad to see you included sleep. I just read recently that sleep is as important as what we eat. Did you tell me that??? :)

KAI said...

I told myself I will stop judging people (horrible horrible habit). I want to feel better by expecting the good in everyone. Church has been teaching me something lately :)