13 March, 2014

My first crush

My First Crush
Whoever thought of Throwback Thursday is the shizz! I used to hate this day of the week because for some reasons, Thursday is always super stressful at work. Well, that was until TBT started in Instagram. Thursday sort of became something fun to look forward to. I always enjoy seeing old photos of friends from when they were all little kids or what they all looked like when they were still in high school.

This is my first blog Throwback Thursday post. This is inspired by a meme by an old blog friend, Niko. Today, I'd like you all to meet my first crush. If you'd look at the photo on the right, that's him. Too bad, I could not find a photo of him from our senior prep days.

My childhood crush's name is Anton

I was 5 or 6 when I had my first crush. I was in Senior Prep. I had this huge crush on Anton until second grade.Ü I liked him a lot because he looked really neat and he looked like he always smelled nice. HE also had this croaky voice that sounded cute. He did seem like a smart guy plus I kind of thought the moles on his face were unique. He was also was taller than me. Back then, I was one of the tallest in our batch. Now that I'm writing about it, my standards have been pretty good even when I was a kid, huh? This kiddie crush lasted until second grade and that's because we were classmates for three ( 3 ) straight years! It's funny how after knowing each other for more than an decade, someone deliberately told A that I used to have a crush on him. I still remember how it happened and where it happened. Back in college, the 3 of us were at a restaurant during our break and out of nowhere, this conversation happened.
F: Hey A. Do you know that you're Russ' first crush?
R: *Shocked + Humiliated.*
A: Ahaha. Don't worry the feeling was mutual.
My big eyes got bigger. I wanted the earth to swallow me. Heck, I was mortified! It was such an awkward moment, but the person who made a big announcement about my first crush meant well. We used to get teased a lot about the “mutual crush” thing. Fast-forward to today, we still laugh about it. He's a daddy-yo now and from his photos in Instagram, he's in-love and very happy with this new chapter in his life.



How 'bout you? Care to share something about your first crush? How old were you when you had your first crush?
☮ Peace + ❥ Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.

25 comments:

Amanda T said...

I like TBT too! I haven't done it on my blog yet, but I sometimes do it on Facebook. It's fun!

Rochkirstin Santos said...

Haha this post is so cute. I can't remember my first crush though. I just know that I feel so shy whenever my crush is near me.

lloydy fernandez said...

My crush? Is my girlfriend now
That was interesting story. don't worry someone will be your destiny tho So just enjoy life and be happy

Mama to 5 said...

LOL! We all have had those embarrassing moments and they are even more embarrassing with 1st crushes!

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

Now that's a nice comeback - when he said the feeling was mutual, haha!

Franc said...

That's cute Having your first crush at prep school.

Boonie said...

It's nice looking back on firsts. Especially when it happens at a young and innocent age.

EmmaT said...

Can't think who my first crush was. First 'boyfriend' was in juniors of primary school (about 7yo), but it was more playing kiss chase than anything more.

Natalie S. said...

I can't think that far back.. I can't even remember what happened last week, yet alone my first crush.. I do love throwback thursday though..

i think when i was in 1st grade, we got paired up with the 5th graders to help us read and such, i had a crush on my partner.. lol

Joanna Sormunen said...

I was in the first grade and he had a crush on me, too. We even kissed, well, pecked each other's cheaks, LOL

Mommy Roxi said...

Aww, that's so cute! I'd be mortified is someone revealed my crush too. But he was was sweet about it to you ah. :D

Debarpan said...

I also love to watch old photos of my friends when they were little.Anyway I had several crushes my first one was when I was around 10 something. :)

Shubhada Bhide said...

Ha ha so cute! Good old days when we had time for all such stuff...Now Super busy with home, office and kids..

Barely Vegan said...

What a cute story!! I would've felt so happy to know that the feeling was mutual!!! Haha. That was never my case!! Every guy I liked didn't like me, and I didn't like any of the guys who liked me. lol. Go figure.

Bhushavali said...

My first crush was my classmate in 5th grade.. Recently I got in touch with him via social media.... Lolz..

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

It's so sweet that you are so truthful about your crush! I wish I could find my childhood crush. I lost contact with him and couldn't find him ever since. I knew him in kindergarten~

Elizabeth O. said...

What a cute story! At least you now know that he liked you back. I didn't like the concept of Throwback Thursdays until people started posting photos from their childhood. It brings back memories, definitely.

Raine Pal said...

I was giggling while reading your post. A throwback time, that I recall my first crush in my elementary days..hahahaha....got the same feeling..hehehehehe...

Arisa Chow said...

I had a crush for 6 years and guess what? He crushed my heart after of being together for 1 year.

Lori said...

The first crush is unforgettable for many. For some it is a wonderful moment, for others an embarrassing memory... You are courageous to share this memory :)

Franc said...

Funny how things ended up mutual. It's nice to throwback to those tiny memories and cherish it.

Fred Hawson said...

This was a cute memory that you shared, especially that awkward revelation. Your first crush must have been serious because I hardly recall anything at all about my prep years. Haha!

Amanda Love said...

I actually don't remember my first crust but I think it might have been one of my brothers friend. I can just imagine how it must have felt with the subject being brought up. I don't even want to remember mine. :)

Erica Villas said...

Aww looking back and walking down memory lane is always so heartwarming. I remember slapping my first crush in preschool, hehe.

Sunshine Kelly said...

I think I had my first crush when I was like 15 years old, if I am not mistaken. Kind of late but I was sweet. That time I always day dream.