15 April, 2014

A 70-year old kind of love #VSCO

This is going to be super brief because I need to leave the house in 20-minutes or I'd be late for work.Ö I'm writing this while having an uber quick breakfast — and my post cannot wait. I received an e-mail that absolutely made my week. The subject line said, "Your Image Has Been Selected for the Curated VSCO."

It was so random. Unexpected but definitely one of the best-est news ever. Mababaw lang ang kaligayahan ko. I immediately shared my happy news with my Howe and to one of my good friends who is also into photography.

Story behind the photo
The photo was taken last February, during my Brunei Darussalam trip. I saw this old couple sitting on one of the benches, with a gorgeous view of the ocean. They just sat there next to each other and both of them were reading a book. One could tell that this couple have spent a lot of years together. For a split second while I was watching them, I believed in the possibility of me convincing myself that it is okay to get married. Everything that I saw that morning was picture-perfect.

I melted. I told myself that if the time comes that God wills that I settle down, I want to have that. I couldn't leave that spot at the grounds of The Empire Hotel and Country Club without capturing that 70-year old kind of love moment — makes you think that love is not a bad thing, no?
RUSS_VSCO_BRUNEI Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends
even after they know each other so well. ‐ Tommy, 6-years old

The couple do not know that I took their photo. I wanted to tell them that I have so much admiration for them. I know that marriage can be difficult; to make it work and to happily continue to be together is a lot of hard work. I was teary-eyed when I took their photo because this couple is everything that my parents are not.

I come from a very broken family. My parents are not legally separated and they loathe each other yet they refuse to end ties. Growing up, it always appeared that we were okay or that they were okay. This is one of the reasons why I do not believe in marriage.



To the guys at VSCO, thank you so much! You just made my week! It's a small thing, but the recognition and seeing this couple on your grid make me super happy. Here's the link to A 70-Year Old Kind of Love in VSCO: ruussso.vsco.co. I hope you guys check it out + the rest of my snapshots. ☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Spreading the Travel Vibes.__RUSS.


15 comments:

Boonie said...

Children are very innocent, honest, and blunt with their world views. I like how they can understand the simplest and most important values of life.

Mama to 5 said...

I love photo's like this, I hope my husband and I will be that old married happy couple someday. Enjoying the time just us.

Chasity said...

Congratulations on being selected. It is a heartwarming photo.

Jennifer Brown said...

Great picture, makes me stop and think about what's really important.

Amanda T said...

That is so awesome, that they chose your photo. It's beautiful : )

Kung Phoo said...

this is an amazing photo! that is how i want to be with my wife!

Rena McDaniel said...

I love this picture. Because I deal with Alzheimer's disease on a daily basis it just speaks to me! Thank you!

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

It is such a lovely photo. :) Totally priceless indeed!

Franc said...

I remember the story of my grandparents and how they love each other in their old age.

Alyssa Collazo said...

What a beautiful photo, congratulations on being selected!

Katherine Bartlett said...

That is a precious picture

Joanna Sormunen said...

Congratulations! It really is a beautiful picture and a beautiful moment!

Nadia Venus said...

Congratulations, it's always nice when our work is selected, it really makes our day, week or even month right?

Cheap Is The *New* Classy said...

That picture is great! Glad you got some recognition for it.

Emy Cooks said...

Beautiful picture. I believe we all dream of having that at a later date. Glad you are being recognized Awesome!