27 May, 2014

I LOVE MY QUIRKS, v_RUSS


Peculiarities. Oddness. Eccentricities. Strangeness. Singularities. These aren't exactly bad, right? I want to ask you, do you know someone who isn't weird? Friends, let's all admit it ... we all have our own quirks, they're just in varying degrees.

Strangeness does not usually scare me off. To some degree, quirks can be charming as long as they're not utterly gross and dangerous. My friend, Barney calls me weird all the time and yet, we're still good friends. On the other hand, P finds my "weirdness" cute. They always get this comeback from me, "I never said that I'm normal."

"Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another." - Carl Sagan, Cosmos

I'm loving every bit of the RUSS in me.


Someone finished her food, whoopie!


›  I don't leave the house with wet hair. I worry that pollutants, germs, bacteria, and what-nots stick to wet hair.
›  I don't touch door knobs and door handles of public wash rooms.
›  In fact, I avoid public wash rooms unless it's life and death. I really have issues with bacteria and germs.

›  Red is my favorite color, but I wear black- navy- gray- and white on most days.
›  Red's supposedly one of my luckiest colors, but I make a conscious effort not to wear red.
›  I always get into a fight whenever I'm in red. The color provokes my Yang Fire element.
›  Neutrals calm me and quiet my emotions.

›  You will rarely see me eating during my lunch breaks.
›  1-hour lunch breaks are not exactly Russ-friendly because I eat slow, really slow.
›  I don't like being rushed, but I don't mind waiting ( as long as there's Internet & my gadgets are charged )
›  I hate crowds. I hate long lines. I hate going to government offices here in PH.
›  I play(ed) Super Mario, Tetris, Typing Maniac, Empires & Allies, Ruzzle, and Scrabble.
›  I'm addicted to lotions. I have at least three (3) bottles near my bed.

›  I can't sleep when I'm excited. I can't eat when I'm nervous. I can't sleep when I'm happy.
›  If something uber nice happens to me, I will most likely treat a group of friends that same day; OR
›  You'll find me offering, sharing, or giving whatever.
›  I like odd numbers. I will always pick an odd number.
›  I'm jaded, still a hopeless romantic, but do not like to get married.


And ... I think I'll stop there.
I have bazillions in the list saved in my iPad, but let's keep at that :)

Blog memes are love!
I'm happy that VAYIE ( make sure you visit her page ) always remembers me whenever she does her blog memes. Thanks for the tag, Vayie. So, to keep the quirkiness going ... I tag these wonderful ladies I've met in Awesome Bloggers to share some of their quirks. It's your turn: Jaime, Susieqt, Kathryn, Rubbie Anne, and Diana Villa. ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


15 comments:

[vayie] said...

Thanks for taking the time to answer the meme. :)

Funny that you can't do a 1 hour lunch break because you eat very slow because I can have it in 10 minutes because I eat so fast.

Hahaha for the three lotions on your bedside. Is that for different body parts or a particular scent/brand per mood? :P

P Bishop said...

Awesome post! I love your honesty and humor. I love that red is your fav color, and you don't wear it but if you do you seem to get in a fight. One of my favorite blogs.

Kimberly said...

We are all weird deep down :)
I rarely eat lunch. Ever. I am not a soup, salad, sandwich girl. I'm a "grazer"
You and my son would get along just fine. He washed his hair in the school sink because a kid who was sick shook his hand...then my son put his hands in his hair...then realized that there could potentially be germs on his hands...so he washed his hair.

What a kid.

My favourite colour is purple but I never wear it

Michelle Christopher said...

I love your honesty and humor about it. We're all odd in our own ways which I guess makes us normal in a way. ;-)

Kung Phoo said...

I am like you... i cannot sleep when i get anxious.. cool list.. show us more!

Rena McDaniel said...

Everybody has their own little quirks and I have alot of the same as you except I eat fast. Thanks for sharing.

Franc said...

You have amusing quirks but it's nice that you love your quirks and accept it.

bxcrochet said...

I have some of those quirks too. I don't eat as slow as you but I am always the last one to finish.

Julie Tucker said...

My weirdest quirk I guess is that whenever I leave the house I have to have my eyebrow makeup on. Any other makeup it doesn't matter as long as my eyebrows on done. :)

Lisa said...

Your Too Funny Thanks For The Laughs I'm Lucky If I Find Time To eat I Forget ALL The Time I'm Always So Busy!! LOL

Katrina Gehman said...

We all have things that are strange. That's what we use to set ourselves apart from others. Embrace it, it's all good.

Rebecca Swenor said...

You are you and that is what makes you perfect, :0

Liz Mays said...

I can't touch door handles in public restrooms either. If by some chance I have to, I immediately disinfect!

Stephanie Oswald said...

You only gave 18 weirdness facts you can't stop there ;) awesome post! I love posts that show the person behind the blog

Aleshea said...

Love this post. I love getting an inside look at someone.