17 June, 2014

BF'S GREEK + TURKISH DELIGHT

Ble Real Greek Food
BLE (μπλε) is the Greek word for the color blue.


Greece, as you know, is one of the countries that I intend to visit before I get married. [ Read about the Greece post here ]
And yes, I am insanely, wildly crazy about Greek Food ( which is so much more than souvlakis )! We don't have that much Greek options in Manila and in the South. For the longest times, we only had Cyma. My Mom and I used to dine a lot in their branch in Alabang Town Center, which is now houses Larcy's Cupcakes. It used to be one of the most convenient places to go to for those cravings until they closed shop. And, I was heartbroken.

So now, if I am in the mood for Greek food, I have to go all the way to Greenbelt 3 in Makati or Shangri-la Plaza in EDSA-Shaw area for my Cyma fix. My other options of Greek bit, are both a short 5-minute drive from my house. These are Cafe Mediterranean in Alabang Town Center, a fusion restaurant so it's not too Greek-Greek and the other one is Sophia's Cuisina in Pergola Mall inside BF Parañaque. Sad to say, the latter's a little overpriced for the taste & quality of food that you get.

Greek culture meets BF-South vibe
My friend, Candace and I, had some catching up to do very recently and suggested that we meet at this new Greek place inside BF Homes, Parañaque —— Blé Real Greek Food. Situated along Aguirre Avenue, near Mini-Stop Dela Rama and slightly across Get Polished and The Tea Hub, this restaurant has a lot of potential in it. You can't keep great food a secret, and I hope that more people discover it.




This newcomer in our neighborhood gets my nod for their interiors and for playing Greek music ( you don't get this in other Greek restaurants ). Since blue and white are Greece's colors, you'll be greeted by a lot blues as you walk in the door. It's Greek and all with a casual, unpretentious, pseudo-bistro setting that goes well with the laidback, chillax vibe of the South. It brings friends and family together to catch up, to have some more good times over wine, and of course, to enjoy yummy Greek & Turkish food.

I also loved the Turkish Evil Eye wall decors and I was so tempted to ask Yannis ( the owner and he's from Greece ) for one, but I thought of doing that on my next visit. They may seem to be beautiful space accents but in other cultures, they're like talismans and are supposed to ward off evil spirits.


Delicious Greek & Turkish fare
Candace, who's been to Blé several times and has always loved their food, gave me a bit of a primer, told me that Blé's menu evolved from what they initially offered during their soft opening. When I saw their menu, I thought it was okay. From appetizers to the Souvlakia and their main course, there's Greek and a bit of Turkish on their menu and it's more than what I expected from a quaint Greek restaurant.

There's an array of mezes like Hummus, Tzatziki Dip, Babaganush, Skordalia, Midye Tava, Greek Salad, and Kalamarakia. I got a Hummus and something new to me, Midye Tava ( PHP 200), Turkish style beer-battered pan-fried mussels. For the main course, again, I picked something that I haven't tried before. I had the Garides Saganaki. It's a soulful dish that had everything I love: shrimps, tomatoes, and cheese.


Blé's Hummus ( PHP150 ) is one of the best I've tried.


This was the first time I had Garides Saganaki ( PHP280 ). I loved it!


I had another first on this day. A good meal ends with a sinful pleasure and my pick that day was their Baklava. Blé's Baklava is extra special because it's homemade with love by Ayse, Yianni's wife.


Baklava is a classic Greek pastry made with flaky phyllo dough layered with
cinnamon-spiced nut filling, and bathed in syrup or honey. - About.Com



I dunno if those who've tried this will agree with me, but I think Baklava's acquired taste. I love it anyways :)




Discovering Blé is good news for me because I know that I can have my Greek fix anytime I want it. I love the authenticity, the food offerings, and of course, the service. Reservations are recommended especially if you're a big group because the place can get packed. Another reason to be happy about Blé Real Greek Food is that they deliver in BF. Sobrang okay, diba? ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


★ ★ ★ ★ ★


✎  BLÉ REAL GREEK FOOD
  +63.917.7217488 and +63.917.8339271
  188 Aguirre Ave., BF Homes, Parañaque City


65 comments:

Kimberly said...

OOooOOO Greece. My friend went there a long while ago through work. Lucky duck got transferred for a year. I was so jealous of all the pictures he would send...especially of the food.
We don't have many restaurants here that are greek and only a few of them are actually good.

Cintia Tekla said...

I was never really into Greece but it is a place which everyone must see. It is where the culture comes from.

And during summer it is also a cheap and great place o go to the sea :D

glitterrain said...

Amazing how many food cultures there are in the world and how we all eat so differently.

P Bishop said...

Looks like a great place to eat. Food looks so good. They did a really great job of plating it. The dessert, so good!!! Thanks for the info.

Kung Phoo said...

This is my kind of food all day!! I love that food and can eat it all the time..

Samantha Angell said...

Greece is one of my top "to-go" countries as well- only now that I'm married, I want to go with my husband!

bxcrochet said...

Everything looks so good. I have always wanted to try baklava.

Michelle F.

Franc said...

My friend from BF Paranaque is coming back from the US and I'll invite her to try this place with me.

Emilee said...

Oohhh that all looks so wonderful! Makes me very hungry! ahah!

Rebecca Swenor said...

It all looks amazing and I would love to try Baklava. That is the kind of desserts I love. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

I Love Greek Food Everything Looks So Yummy Love Baklava!!

Hilary @ The RNY Life said...

I've never had Greek food before but that Baklava looks really good! I really love that decor, that shade of blue is stunning.

Texstar said...

My wife is Greek, and I can tell you that the foods are out of this world!!!! Everyone you posted is scrumptious. Don Purdum

lisamc7 said...

I've never tried Turkish food but it looks really good!

Michele D said...

I've tried greek food and I actually don't mind it.
Not something I would desire everyday but it can be tastey.

Janelle Shank said...

i just ate, but that food looks delicious! i would love to travel to Greece

Leira Pagaspas said...

Yes Baklava is indeed an acquired taste but its really good..

samantha amberstone said...

I have always liked Greece food, i love baklava and gyros, maybe one day ill make it to Greece

RD Balita said...

What a great place, Greece is really a beautiful place to go and The Food looks so delicious. Thank you for sharing.

Russ R. said...

Franc, gooooo.
They open at 11AM, daily. And, close at 12-midnight.

Liz Mays said...

I love that it had so much of what you were looking for. The food sounds wonderful!

Rubbie Anne Abad said...

That food!! OMG looks so yummy!! I'll try em!

Mama to 5 said...

Everything looks so tasty and so fresh. Sounds like a great place to eat!

Patricia Woolverton said...

Looks like such a nice country to visit. I never had much greek food but I do love Greek Pizza!!

Patranila Jefferson said...

Greece is definitely on my list of must-visit countries!

Tonya Lewis said...

I've been reading up o the benefits of eating more Greek foods thanks for sharing it looks very tasty

Danielle said...

I think I have had Greek food once at a cultural fair. I would love however to go to Greece.

Natalie Summers said...

I don't believe, I've ever had legit real greek food. Though, I always wanted to try some.. but I don't believe there's anywhere near here for such food.

Martinus Evans said...

I love baklava...It's looks very yummy

Payal Bansal said...

I so want to go to Greece for the exotic locations, the mesmerizingly beautiful sunsets, beaches and food <3

Fiona said...

I'm so hungry after reading your post Russ, I LOVE Greek food! My other half and I visited Crete two years ago and the local Greek dishes were some of the best I've ever had :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

I like baklava once in a while. I just don't like the grease in it lol. It's one of the sweets that my husband love to eat!

Reginia Cordell said...

I've had Baklava a few times and you're right, its definitely an acquired taste. I'm not a fan of flaky crusts so maybe that's why.

Jennifer Juro said...

I had reek from a food cart in Portland it was amazing! I would love to be able to travel there one day!

Anita Utami said...

Yum! I learned a new word from you: ble. The Garides Saganaki sounds so good! Is it spicy? I will google the recipe and try to make it :)

Penny Struebig said...

Oh my goodness - how I'd love to visit Greece! Your pictures looks amazing.

Cassie said...

Baklava may be an acquired taste, but I share it! I would go as far as I needed to go to get some really good baklava.

Dogvills said...

I would love to visit Greece one day. I have a Greek neighbor and she makes the best Baklawa ever

Angelic Sinova said...

That Garides Saganak looks super yummy! I've always wanted to try it for myself. Hopefully someday soon I can <3

LaShawn Wiltz said...

I sooo want to go to Greece! it's on my bucket list! I don't think i've ver had real greek food unless you count the baklava that a surgeon i used to work with gave us every christmas!

Local Adventurer said...

Greece is sooo beautiful! :) I highly recommend you go. I think it's one of the few countries in Europe I hope to go back to.

Franc said...

You should change the plan to visit Greece before you get married. You can just change it as your honeymoon location, which would really be a romantic place to visit.

Joanne T Ferguson said...

What a lovely post and salivating now! I have always wanted to visit Greece and hope to one day!

Coolmoms Cooltips said...

So wonderful to be able to enjoy the food of the world! I need my backsva fix

Kiwi said...

I want to travel more and an important part of my travel journey is to try new food from around the world! I would love to try all of these dishes!

Michelle H said...

I just had Greek food this weekend-so yummy. I love how Greek food restaurants are always completely unassuming with no frills food that is delicious!

Lauren Richardson said...

I don't believe, I've ever had legit real greek food. Though, I always wanted to try some.. but I don't believe there's anywhere near here for such food.

Tyra said...

Okay, Greece is on the top of my list and this reaffirmed it. The photos are amazing! I want to go soooo bad!

Felice said...

I am so in love with the Greek culture. I myself would love to visit Greece one day. I remember growing up in the Caribbean and loving when we would read Greek literature it was always my favorite.

Karla said...

Looks extra yummy! Now, how to get to the south for all that awesomness? Burp!

Jess Cammerman said...

Wow this post made my mouth water! I'm a HUGE fan of Greek food and try to cook it as much as possible. I hope to visit this delicious restaurant one day!

Joely Smith said...

I so desire to visit Greece one day! We have an amazing greek restaurant local to us we go there as often as we can and they have the best baklava! I do not know if it is an acquired taste or not - everyone I have ever introduced to it loves it :)

Karina Ramos said...

Ahhhhh Baklava! so yummy! :)

Eileen said...

I would love to visit Greece someday. It has a very rich culture and history. However, since I know this is only a dream right now, I would be content with tasting their unique cuisine!

debdenny said...

I do love Baklava. I do wish we had greek food around here closer. I have to travel a couple of hours to get to the closest one.

msvee said...

I would love to go to Greece for Jewelry, fashion and FOOD. I do make a regular Greek Salad, but I doubt it is authentic like it would be there!

Ourfamilyworld said...

All the food you featured looked absolutely delicious. My daughter has told me for the longest time to try Cyma. I will after reading this post.

Mama to 5 said...

The food looks great. The only Greek food I have ever had are Gyros.

Claudette said...

Greece is definitely on my bucket list and while I am not into all the food that is available here in Canada, I am sure there is much more to Greek cuisine in the actual country.

Stephanie Miller said...

The hummus looks great - I love hummus! I would love to visit Greece one day. Thanks for the info!

Shann Soiney said...

The food sounds great. I'm glad you found a place where you can get your Greek food anytime you want it .Great review .

Elizabeth O. said...

I absolutely love baklava! It's so good. Dining here would be heaven for me!

Onica MommyFactor said...

Shat a great place to get Geek meals when you have a craving. I also enjoy Geek food, it has so many flavors.

Victoria Heckstall said...

I wanna try baklava their food was look yummy this is my food that i can eat all day.

mail4rosey said...

I haven't had baklava for a good long while. I do really like it though.