07 June, 2014

MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH BLOGGING


I have never really given that much thought about why I blog until two or three Mondays ago when I joined Janette Toral's blogging history in PH webinar. I have been doing a lot of sharing on the web since 2003, briefly in Xanga to LiveJournal until I found where my heart truly belongs: Blogspot. I had fleeting affairs with Multiply and Tumblr and went back to Blogspot.

Eleven years since I fell in love with blogging, I'm still here. The only thing I regret is accidentally deleting my old blog a few years ago —— you may read about my booboo here.Ü This whole blogging thing is really a lot of work, but I enjoy it a lot. There are times that I don't get to write because of offline stuff that need my attention, but at the end of the day and just before I sleep, I am bursting with ideas, itching to put my thoughts into this space. They're limitless! I get this sense of fulfillment when I hit the PUBLISH button.


Photo Credit: Paul Johnston


So, why blog?

Mine's really more of a guilty pleasure. I am so inspired by the people I meet, places I go to, and things that I see.
"Blogging is ... to writing what extreme sports are to athletics; more free-form, more accident-prone, less formal,
more alive. It is in many ways, writing out loud." — Andrew Sullivan

The perpetually curious little girls blogs ...
1) To write. It's both therapeutic and a good mental exercise.
2) To ponder on things, life, the world, the Philippine government, and everything in between.
3) To share experiences ( and to remember them ), whether good or bad.

I love how blogging encourages me to do so many things. If you have a blog, I'm sure you know what I mean. And, a bonus that comes with this space would be the blog friends I've made through the years. There were times that I got luckier because more then meeting them in person, some of my blog friends became friends-friends.Ü

How about you? Why do you blog? ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


25 comments:

Janelle Shank said...

i too find blogging to be good therapy and so sorry you deleted your old blog! but i love that typewriter picture. and keep the posts coming

Krystle Smith said...

What a shame about your old blog! :(
I love blogging and can't imagine life without it!

Mama to 5 said...

For me it's a double edged sword. I love it and hate it. I need a break but i know if I do it will kill my traffic!

Ralff Dizon said...

Blogging for me is one of my hobbies. Sometimes i love to blog, and sometimes im tired of making a blog.

P Bishop said...

What I love about blogging as I would not do any writing if I did not have it. I think it's stretching my mind and keeping it healthy. Thank you for reminding me of why I love blogging and to be grateful when on the days it seems a chore. Great post!

Nicole Williams said...

Blogging for me is how I combine all my passions to share it with the world; hoping that I can inspire at least one person.

Russ R. said...

P Bishop, that's the beauty of it. I know of friends who wouldn't write if it weren't for their blogs :)

Rebecca Swenor said...

I believe the why you said you blog what make a good blogger.

Franc said...

Sometimes people think of blogging as something you do on your free time or you have a lot of time but maintaining a good blog also entails hard work in creating post and promoting it. I blog because I just love to write and tell my story.

MyDomesticDish said...

Loved this!
I blog for many of the same reasons you do- I love the pressure of putting something out, adding a bit of a panic to my SAHM day. It gives me a focus, apart from the children, and that can do a heck of a lot to keep you sane sometimes :P

April Decheine said...

I have been blogging since 2005, I was on Blogger with my own domain. I had a blogspot for maybe a few months. I am now on Wordpress, love the world of blogging and meeting so many people around the world.

mail4rosey said...

Blogging really does open so many doors. It gives you ideas for lots of new ideas and experiences too. I think it's really fun! Hard work, but def. fun.

Leira Pagaspas said...

I love blogging but what I don't like is how some bloggers are not as supportive but I guess that happens every where.

Jade Schwartz said...

I started blogging 6 months ago and I could not stop. I am enjoying it too much. I blog about products for reviews and recipe and anything about my life as a mom and wife. I blog because I love sharing too, just like you.

Joanna Sormunen said...

Great post! We all have our personal reasons to blog and it's so wonderful to get to know other bloggers!

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

Blogging has really been part of my life - habit for years in blogging. It eases me up.

Kath Rivera said...

I blog because I want to share my experiences through product reviews.

Natalie Summers said...

My husband does say, I spend more time on here than I do with him.. But I like to think of it more as a job at this point, more than a hobbie, what it started as.

Liz Martin said...

blogging is an avenue to express my thoughts and feelings. :) and i agree, it's nice to meet blogger friends! and i wish i didn't delete my old blog too.

Janette Toral said...

Hello Russ. Thank you for the kind mention. Great to see you having that blogging high. I consider blogging an important activity in terms of sharing the things I enjoy, learned, and important to me online.

Saad Ansari said...

Blogging always did a number on me. Learning+Earning. It's great to see you going at the peak of it. Best wishes from my side. Achieve new heights! Keep writing, Keep Learning & Keep Earning. ;)

Amanda @ Adorkablii.com said...

I have been blogging for about a year. I love it. Its just a little place for myself!

bxcrochet said...

I started blogging many years ago but never kept up with it. I have been blogging consistently since January now and I love it.

Michelle F.

bindu saju said...

It gives me a sense of accomplishment. When I finished a project, mentioned about the valuable resources I found on the net, then it is a record of what I was doing on that particular day. Blogging helps me to connect with people all over the world.

Elizabeth Lund said...

Blogging is kind of a peace making adventure. I know for me it helps me organize my thoughts and feel that I am putting something out there of value and worth - even if it is short-lived. Thanks for a thoughtful post!