03 September, 2014

Food Trip: Welcome Back, Las Paellas

I don't remember much about the old  Las Paellas , but I do recall that I always ordered their Salpicao & Baked Oysters. I used to be hang a lot at their old branch along President's Ave in BF Homes Parañaque for afternoon Sangria(s) with Landco colleagues. For one, it was a 5-minute walk from our office and the place had a really nice ambiance. This was before we had Amalia's in BF, Alba Restaurante Español in West Gate, and Barcino in Alabang Town Center. Mom was the bearer of good news. She cheerfully woke me up one Sunday morning just to tell me that Las Paellas is back.

Las Paellas' new home is still inside BF Homes, along the stretch of the more serene side of Aguirre Ave. This is one place that I will go out of my way to visit because it's cozy and quiet. As the name suggests, they are known for their Paellas, which I have yet to try after so many years.

Las Paellas BF


Except for the color scheme, Las Paellas didn't really capture the Spanish ambience that I was expecting. Albeit, the wall sticker looked a bit tacky up-close if you ask me, Las Paellas still did a good job in creating that cozy and chill South vibe typical in this side of Southern Metro Manila. The first thing you'll notice when you enter the restaurant is the splash of bright, warm colors which create a lively atmosphere that's perfect for lunch-out with girlfriends or for a hearty meal with family.



While Las Paellas sounds very Spanish, this casual, neighborhood restaurant offers a blend of cuisines. You'd be surprised that they have Thai Bagoong Rice, all-day Filipino breakfast, Soupe à L'oignon ( French Onion Soup ), Sizzling Bulalo Steak, and Hamburger Steak on their menu. They serve wine, but their staff are surprisingly clueless about wine, which if you ask me, is not their fault. It is a huge business mistake to have a restaurant that offers wine with servers who were not educated even about the basic wine stuff.Ö



Although there is room for improvement, dining at Las Paellas is a warm, welcoming experience. Food's reasonably-priced with decent serving portions. Almost everything on their menu is delicious ... their Arroz ala Cubana is promising and the Pork Chop Andaluz ( 1-piece at P220 ) is one of my favorites. My Mom recommends the Salpicao, Tinapa Rice, and their Angus Tapa. However, I don't think I will develop an acquired taste for their Tortang Talong / Eggplant Omelet that's stuffed with Galunggong ( tastes like Rellenong Bangus ).







Comfortable and homey without being dingy, Las Paellas is a nice addition to the food scene in BF. It gives us another reason to fall in love with the South and even more reasons to bond with friends, family, and colleagues over delectable Spanish dishes and more! I will definitely be back and will bring P with me next time.  ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


★ ★ ★ ★ ☆


✎  LAS PAELLAS CAFÉ
  +632.8205888
  256 Aguirre Ave., BF Homes, Parañaque City


25 comments:

Samantha Angell said...

Sounds like they really do offer a wide variety of foods! Too bad about the staff not knowing about wine- it is one of my favorite things to learn about!

Rochkirstin Santos said...

If only it's near to our place, I would have already invited my family to join me here for dinner! All the food looked delicious!

Melinda Dunne said...

The food sounds and looks amazing. I agree with you about the wine. It is nice when a restaurant serves it but if the wait staff has little knowledge of it-that is a bad business move.

Shambray Matthews said...

It sounds like they have a good variety. That French Onion soup looks delicious.

Lavende L. said...

What an ecclectic menu! Do they serve Paella as well? Looks good!

Heather Jones said...

Other than that big wall sticker, I like everything else about the decor, and the food looks good too! I'd love to give it a try!

Tanya Coffman said...

Wow - sounds like they have a large diversity in their menu. Your pictures are fabulous and everything looks yummy from here :D

Debi - Travel Blogger said...

Las Pela Cafe looks amazing. The decor is beautiful, and the food looks amazing.

Diana Villa said...

Such a beautiful place! The food looks fantastic and very tasty. Thank you so much for the excellent post :D

Franc said...

Las Paellas has a really fresh ambiance. The food looks tasty too.

Margarita Ibbott said...

Come on, those are fantastic foodie pictures. It all looks so good. Thanks for the review. Loved it!

Sweepster said...

The interior certainly looks inviting. It really screams Mexico!

Trish said...

That food really does look delicious! Hopefully the staff will work on their wine knowledge :)

MaryJane Tauyan said...

i will defintely love to visit this place! i love tapas and paellas. that salpicao is my favourite too!

Liz Mays said...

I have to agree with you about the wall sticker. However, the food you were served looks as tasty as could be!

Tamika Mapp said...

This looks like a real cool place to eat. I love how the restaurant is so relaxing and the food looks delicious. Especially the rice and beans. I love a good rice and bean recipe for sure.

Rebecca Swenor said...

This looks like a wonderful place to eat. The food looks amazing and I love they serve a variety of foods. Thanks for sharing.

Cassie Tucker said...

That cafe looks amazing! The food looks absolutely delicious :)

Yan Birog said...

wow everything looks delicious! it's a nice and cozy place to bring your family over for a hearty meal! thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

That looks like a cozy little place. & now I have a hankering for some French Onion soup!

Kath Rivera said...

For the longest time now I haven't tried a paella. This one looks good and I hope I can try one even if from an ordinary restaurant.

Ashley Nicholas said...

I'd love to visit this restaurant! The food looks unique!

Sharon Ruggieri said...

Wow...that looks amazing. Now I want to go out to eat!

♥ Vanessa said...

This looks like such a great place to visit, I love the atmosphere. That is really interesting that they have french onion soup on the menu!

Eliz Frank said...

The setting is beautiful and the food looks divine. Would visit in a heartbeat.