19 November, 2014

WHAT'S EVERYONE WATCHING?


Modern Family is one of the best series for me.
Image Credit: www.fanpop.com

I wouldn't say that I'm hooked on TV series because I only watch them when it's convenient. I also found myself appreciating a series or sometimes a movie ( even if initially, I never like the plot ) if someone really close to me enjoys watching them. I think the very first series that I watched is Doogie Howser, MD and the list goes on and on and on from Beverly Hills 9.0.2.1.0, to Melrose Place, to Jack Bauer's 24, Supernatural, Prison Break ( stopped after S1 ), and Lost ( stopped after S1 ).

I've also had my share of Korean Series. These kept me company when I got sick and had to stay at home for a couple of months. I watched them online and I didn't mind reading subtitles in English. P calls them "Kor-Kor". Lol, I don't know what it stands for. I've seen Coffee Prince, Kim Sam Soon, and Queen Seon Dok. There's one series from Taiwan that I spent sleepless nights: Fated To Love You. And finally, work happened. I got extra busy and I could only watch these series when I'm at home. So far, the not-so-new series that I've been following are The Vampire Diaries, Revenge, Game of Thrones ( we all love GOT! ), The Walking Dead, History Channel's Vikings, Once Upon a Time, and Modern Family.





Image Credit: www.moviepilot.com


Lately, I've been watching more than enough reruns of One Tree Hill and Modern Family. That's when I decided, it's time to watch something new. I asked friends in Facebook to give suggestions & here are the results:

Top 3 Series Recommended by My Friends
1) How to Get Away With Murder
2) Gotham
3) Outsourced

Runners-Up
1) Constantine
2) Devious Minds
3) Hannibal

I Bought
1) How To Get Away With Murder SOLD OUT!
2) Gotham
3) Reign
4) Cool Guys, Hot Ramen


Cool Guys, Hot Ramen ( Korean Series )
Image Credit: Website


I'm so intrigued with How To Get Away With Murder and really wanted to get it because it got the most number of recommendations. Unfortunately all the shops that I checked told me that it's sold out at that time. I must have went to three or five shops until I gave up on this series and settled for Gotham, which had the second highest number of recos from friends.

And, because I like anything that looks medieval and royalty, I picked up Reign as well. I first saw the poster from a friend's post in Instagram and I asked her what it's about. I did get to watch the entire season last week. It's about Mary Queen of Scots and her life, a bit of Scotland's history, and some more history about France & England. I kinda liked it, but I think there was a poor choice in actors except for the villains. Queen Catherine of France is my new favorite villain :) [ Read: These Bad Guys Rock, Series Edition ]



What about you? Was there a time that you got hooked on a series? What are you watching right now?  ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.

35 comments:

Esther Ju*Lee said...

I'm so behind on watching korean dramas.. haha I can't even call myself korean anymore! thanks for the recommendation. :) I will have to check out the ramen one.

CourtneyLynne said...

How bad is it that I'm so behind of TV I haven't even seen modern family lol.... I hear fabulous things though!

Tanya Coffman said...

I am a huge Modern Family fanatic. Aside from that...I've recently picked up watching an older series called The Gilmore Girls. Reign looked like it would be good, but I haven't seen it yet. I did like the Tutors though! :)

Stephanie Lee said...

I'm a fan of Kdramas. Will definitely search for Cool guys, hot ramen. Thanks for the list.

Masshole Mommy said...

LOVE Modern Family. I gave up on Gotham already - I got bored with it. How to get away with murder is my favorite new show this year.

Liz Mays said...

I haven't really been caught up in a series in a long while until I started watching Dexter on Netflix. I watch a couple episodes every day now. I love it!

Samantha Angell said...

I really enjoyed modern family when I watched it. Nowadays, I'm watching Scandal, Homeland, and the Blacklist!

tracerscouponaffair said...

I need to get up to date on the latest shows! Thanks I will be checking these out!

Sahana Ajeethan said...

I never see TV shows. Just as you said if someone who is close says that a particular series is great I will go watch. I love to watch Korean movies during college days so I think I will love the Korean series too

Kung Phoo said...

I think we have the same lists.. Except i do like reality TV also,

Terri Ramsey Beavers said...

Thanks so much for sharing your list with me. I have my favorites as well and I look forward to hanging out in front of the TV being a couch potato or laying in bed watching
, and being lazy.

Taylor Yates said...

I don't love How To Get Away for Murder....Scandal is Shonda Rhimes' best!

shari said...

I am finding television beyond boring these days but I do love the Goldbergs.

Krystal said...

Gotham is a great show. I love that it shows the beginnings of some of the most iconic DC characters of all time but without the tights.

Eileen Chow said...

I love modern family too! We actually don't watch tv any more, but it would be fun to rent a series for a weekend in over the Christmas break!

Amanda Komoski said...

I am watching Vampire Diaries, Greys Anatomy and Marvel.

Ourfamilyworld said...

I am watching How to get away with Murder. It is an interesting series. I want to watch Gotham as my friends recommended it too

Mary Hunter said...

I have been SO busy with work lately. No time to watch TV! Thanks for the recommendations!

Erica Bodker said...

Reign is one of my absolute favorite shows. I watch it every week and do not miss it.

Ann B said...

I have been watching the new show Stalker. I am also a big fan of Once Upon A Time

Yona Williams said...

My friend suggested that I check out Modern Family. The one episode that I saw ---it was incredibly engaging. I have to see it from the very first one...I can't just jump in from the middle. I would love to check out How to Get Away With Murder - I've heard good things about this show.

Nina Say said...

We are always getting hooked on new TV shows. I tend to like the more oddball shows, and am always rewatching shows I loved from my childhood.

Amanda Kee said...

How to Get away with murder is my show!!! Along with Forever, Bad Judge, Selfie, Stalker, and about a million others, hahaha. How to get away with murder is AMAZING!

Carmen Perez (listen2mama) said...

I've been hooked on many series. Right now I love Ressurection and Revenge!

Juliana RW said...

At this moment, I watch NCIS, CSI, CSI New York & Miami. I love to watch Korea series too, but too bad at this moment doesn't have time for that.

Miranda Myrabev said...

I need to get back to watching my korean dramas, its been a while, thanks for sharing your list.

Fiona said...

I can't say I watch anything that you do. I watch Sons of Anarchy, Project Runway and ANTM :)

Elizabeth O. said...


I can relate to this Modern Family. It actually describes my family. :)

Lynndee said...

I haven't seen any of these shows. We are hooked on watching "Transporter" and another show that I am going to talk about on the blog next week. :)

Annemarie Leblanc said...

I've been keeping up with Supernatural, The Walking Dead and recently trying to finish up Chuck; so many great TV shows.

mail4rosey said...

I have heard people talking about Gotham. I think it's time for us to get caught up w/the times, it sounds like there are some great options that we're totally missing out on over here.

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

I think I somehow saw a commercial regarding how to get away with murder but never really had a chance to see it even once - I think I should!

Erica Brooks said...

Good picks. I love love love Modern Family and Gotham is great too.

My Thirty Spot said...

Scandal is where it is at. Other than that, haven't watched too many. Great list though.

Ashley Nicholas said...

I've really been enjoying Gotham! I'm a big Ben McKenzie fan :)