31 December, 2014

2014, you were incredible


2014 was a year of opportunities and happily growing up for me. There were several events this year that were not even in my plans, yet I still went with them. I'm glad and more than thankful that I did because these add to the best times of my life. I lost friends along the way, but I also met new people and made amazing new friends who share my values and passions in life. I have been to 3 countries this year, talked to strangers, ordered food without understanding anything on the menu, experienced a lot of firsts, took on the adventures that I've been blessed with happily embracing the fact that I won't be the same person each time I come back.

I have encountered bumps along the way, but these weren't stuff that couldn't be resolved with the right attitude and wise use of resources. I am grateful for P, my Mom, and one of my very good friends Candace for always giving me that extra push to all these new experiences. It feels great that I'm getting better, a lot better at being a functioning adult and I'm proud of it. I know Mom's happy about it as well. With all that's happened and everything I've accomplished in 2014, I can only look forward to 2015 with full anticipation for everything wonderful that will take place.

Friends, join me as I look at back at some of the best moments of my life in 2014.



"My whole being is happy." - Psalm 16:9


First trip of the year: Revisiting Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar


A beautiful morning by the lake ... #TravelDiaries #BruneiDarussalam #OOTD

A photo posted by R U S S (@ruussso) on


Next Stop: Brunei Darussalam



Next Stop: Singapore



Japan and I, it was love at first sight!



My Best Friend's Wedding


At the brokers' activity last time ...

A photo posted by R U S S (@ruussso) on


Exploring the unknown, but loving it.



This was another super project this year, thankful for the trust given to me.


Best cookie in Manila ( and still my favorite ) 😀

A photo posted by R U S S (@ruussso) on


I really wanted to work with her, but the project was deferred :(


My Super Big Bosses, Mr. Money Magnet, and I

A photo posted by R U S S (@ruussso) on


Rouge: Moldex Realty's 2014 Vertical Annual Sales Award & Rally



Once again doing the impossible at the Golden Affiliates event.



Second to the last event with one of the best bosses ever.


We ended the year with a bang. #operationalefficiency

A photo posted by R U S S (@ruussso) on


My 2014 Heroes





As I said last year and I'm saying it again, I want to take a minute to not to ask for anything from Him, but simply to say thank you for the opportunities, for everything that I have, and for all the blessings. Despite challenges, 2014 has been good to my family and I. I have no reason to complain. I am thankful that the people and those who matter to me are always kept safe and healthy. I'm really starting to like my 30-something year old self: more fierce, more determined, very independent, and always grateful. I still do not see myself getting married, but my still young heart is strong and happy.

And to you, thank you for taking time to visit my blog in 2014. I hope to meet you in person in one of my future travels. From my home to yours, I wish you a peaceful, healthy, and prosperous 2015. Keep on smiling!  ☮ Peace + ❥ Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.

60 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

So happy to hear that your 2014 was so wonderful. Here's to making 2015 even better :)

Tanya Coffman said...

Happy New Year Russ! It's been an amazing year - and I'm so happy to have gotten to meet you (even though virtually)...I'm sure you will have a rocking 2015 too! :D

Jeanine M said...

Your 2014 looks like it was a great one! Lots of great photos too! Hope 2015 is great for you also!

kat b said...

Sounds like you had a great year! I can't wait to see what the new year brings! I'm sure it's going to be great.

Chrystal Mahan said...

You have some really great photos that you share on Instagram. I'm loving that photo with you and the bicycle. Such a vintage feel. Your travels look like a great time and those cookies do look pretty amazing.

Jinxy and Me said...

Your pictures show a very happy year! Wishing you all the best in 2015!

Jhanz A. said...

Glad to know 2014 was wonderful. Happy new year! <3

Yasmine M said...

It seems like 2014 was great for you and I hope you enjoy 2015 too! <3 Your travels are amazing: I hope that you'll be able to travel as much this coming year!

x Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I'm now following you and it would mean a lot if you followed me as well! <3 Happy New Year!

Cloudy Dreams

John Lopez said...

All of your photos looks you had a great year on 2014, I hope this new year you and your family have a great year.

mail4rosey said...

What a wonderful way to wrap up the year. Your pictures are great, and your ending words are wonderful. Happy New Year to you.

Catherine Sargent said...

Looks like you had a great 2014. I hope 2015 is even better. I think unexpected things are sometimes the best.

Miranda Myrabev said...

Happy new year wishing you the very best in 2015, i took lost some friends and made news ones then travelled to countries and 2 continents

Samantha Angell said...

So many great photos and memories for you this year. Like you said though, the right attitude and resources can make all the difference!

Lynndee said...

Good to know that you had a wonderful 2014. We had a wonderful 2014 as well. And you were one busy bee, huh? :) Here's wishing you another wonderful year ahead.

Eri Votsari said...

Wonderful pictures equals to wonderful year! I am glad that you had a nice year and I hope so 2015 is going to be better, more moments and memories to share with us!

Cher Littleton-Megasko said...

It looks like you had a fantastically glamorous 2014! (And I love the hat!)Best wishes for an even more fabulous 2015!

Ninja Wifey said...

Wow, looks like you have had some really great experiences and fun times. I do hope to visit some of those same places --someday. :)

Nanda Reis said...

I looks like you had a very blessed and amazing year! I love all your instagram pictures and how you are brave enough to order food without understanding the menu! May 2015 be even greater than 2014! Many blessings!

Eileen said...

Looks like you have some great memories from 2014! I love the shot with you in front of the bicycle!

Sin Yee said...

What a great year of yours. Good luck in this year!!

Mia Foo said...

you came to singapore! i'm a singaporean! haha, hope you've had a good time here! :)

Shirgie Scf said...

Congratulations, you have accomplished a lot this 2014. It's good to know that technology could help us travel back in time to check the experiences and the accomplishments we have throughout the year. May you have a brighter nd better 2015.

Fiona said...

Your Instagram pictures are great, so many people and so much going on. I'm glad 2014 was a great year for you, I hope 2015 will be just as kind to you :)

Elizabeth O. said...

I adore Japan!!! The highlights of my year were also my travels to other places!

papaleng said...

Your photos simply told it all. 2014 had been a good year to you. hoping the coming year give you more blessings.

Amie Hu said...

Hope your 2015 will be even better.. like getting married! :D Heh heh. That leopard-prints hat looks good on you.

Louise Banta said...

Happy for you! Glad you had a wonderful 2014 which not everyone gets to have (like me!).

Wishing you a happy new year and may you have another successful year ahead!

Fred Hawson said...

That was one fantastic photo on the Shibuya crosswalk! I hope my family and I can have such a photo too when we visit there one day.

May De Jesus-Palacpac said...

Wow! 3 Countries in one year? That's amazing. Some people don't even get to get out of the city in a year (cough...me..cough) Good for you! I'm jealous, though. :)

Michelle Garrett said...

What a great 2014! Thanks for sharing bits and pieces of your life with us. Have a fantastic 2015!

lee rosales said...

hope u'll have a wonderful 2015

Kendall Rayburn said...

Looks like you had a wonderful 2014! Now, bring on 2015!! :)

Anna around the world said...

Wow, your first paragraph totally summarize my experiences made in 2014. I was not only to identify bits but rather all of it, literally. May 2015 be as amazing for you as 2014! All the best!

CourtneyLynne said...

What a fabulous year y'all had!!! Mad jealous of all the traveling! We are usually big travelers too but kinda slacked this year...

Skinny Brokovich said...

2014 was a great year indeed. 3 countries in one year is a great experience.. cheers

Michelle Hwee said...

2014 has definitely been such a great adventure for you! I love all the photos, you sure did do a lot!

lauriel said...

Awesome, love all the traveling you got to do! You hit up some of my favorite places (e.g. Australia and Japan). :) And I love the caption in the first IG photo of living in the now.. totally agree that sometimes you just have to soak in the beauty, serendipity, and everylittlesensorydetail of the moment... Those are magical.

Cheers to more of those in 2015!

xo,
lauriel
EyeForElegance.com

Franc said...

Wow, you had a jetsetting 2014. I haven't been to Brunei and the lake looks beautiful.

rebecca wong said...

It's so nice to see that you have achieve quite a bit in 2014. Hope you'll have an exciting 2015 too!

Hazel Asoy said...

2014 has been a pretty good and fruitful year for you, may it continue this year and the following years ♥


♥ http://hazelasoy.blogspot.com/

Lisa Rios said...

The photos are really awesome. It sounds like you had an awesome year 2014. I wish you to have an amazing year in 2015 as well. Happy New Year.

Aissa Carmela said...

I wish 2015 will be as, if not more, fulfilling than last year! xx

Aissa // tea in january

Roj Tom said...

Yes, lot happened in all of our lives during 2014 and wishing you a great 2015 as well..

Kelly Chin said...

wow you have a good 2014, wish you will have a even greater 2015

Grace | A Shutterbug's Lair said...

Wow! You really had an awesome, full of activities 2014! You sure was one busy person.

Happy New Year!! Hope we all have a blast, full of blessings 2015!

Brandy Tanner said...

Looks and sounds like 2014 treated you very well. Glad you had a fabulous year and I wish you so much happiness in 2015!

April Mims said...

What an awesome year you had full of adventure! Here's having an even more amazing 2015!

Ann B said...

Judging by your photos, you had a good year. How fun to see all the highlights. I am going to take more photos this year and do an end of year wrap up like you did.

Chester said...

Wow those are amazing moments of your 2014. Here's to even more wonderful adventures of 2015!

Marielle Altenor said...

2014 was pretty nice from those pictures you shared! Wishing you a successful 2015!

Suzanne said...

It is a very satisfying feeling to look back and be happy with what you made of yourself this past year. Congrats to you!

eLaNaKcL said...

It's a great idea to look back for past year. Hope you have more interesting event to come in 2015

Krystal Butherus said...

Those are truly some beautiful memories! I love that you used Instagram to document them and embedded them into your blog. Very smart!

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

Seems like you had a great 2014 - let's all welcome the best for 2015 now :)

Fernando Lachica said...

You've done your share with your passion and very inspiring to follow suit this year.

Vanessa said...

It seems like you have had a great year full of memorable events and happy moments spent with friends. Hope the new 2015 will be at least as great as 2014. love your bike photo!

Eliz Obih-Frank said...

I can tell you had a fabulous 2014. Your pictures tell a very happy story. Here's to a phenomenal 2015!

Angelo The Explorer said...

It looks like you really had a blast laat 2014. From the photos, I see hapiness and joy. Cheers to more adventure in 2015

Zain aftab said...

It seems you really had fun in 2014. Really great to hear that. May this year also be a great one.

Nicol said...

aw such a great year! hope 2015 treats you even better