31 March, 2015

Carpe Diem: March 2015

Wedding Day
Mom & Dad on their wedding day, 34 years ago

It's March. It's summer. And, love is in the air! March is the month when my parents had their second wedding. The first one was a civil + secret marriage ( yes, uso sya dati! ) which was followed by a church wedding a few months after. My parents aren't exactly together now, but I recently realized that while I have gotten used to their complicated set-up, our set-up, I still want my Mom and Dad to reconcile & be lovey-dovey to each other again. The universe hasn't conspired so well in making their marriage work, but I feel that there's still something there — they just don't want to talk about it. I am jaded, but believe it or not, I am still a hopeless romantic ... a child who hasn't lost faith that one day, she'd still see her parents back in each others' arms.

Anyways, it's a little late for my Carpe Diem post for this month because I've been extra extra busy, but I'm still up for it. I'd hate to miss a month. You know what they say: better late than never. So, here it goes.





My Favorite Blog This Month: 2FoodTrippers ( www.2foodtrippers.com )
I love love love this blog because there's just an overload of food posts and so much travel posts here — two of the few things that are close to my heart. If you have some time to spare, head over to their blog after mine and be very ready to drool because there's just too many nice food shots from different parts of the world that they've been to.

What I'm Reading
I'm reading Ron Rash's Serena. I saw the movie and I was curious. Luckily, I learned that there was a novel version of Serena ... a film that intense, it should be a good read. I'm half-way through the book. So far, I've been getting all the answers to the stuff that were not shown in the movie. I could picture the young Cherie Gil ( super idol! ) play the role of Serena Pemberton.

What I'm Watching
It's funny how I slept through the first episode of The Flash. It's even funnier that P plugged a middle episode of the first season and I found myself enjoying the series because Barry Allen and his friends are all geeks. Now, I'm hooked. "The adventures of scientist Barry Allen who is a superhero with incredible speed." [ Read more at Gotcha Movies ]


The Flash
SexyDelicious
SexyDelicious 1,200-Calorie Meal Program


What I'm Eating
After my gastroadventures in Malaysia and all the extra family meals we had when my Tita Rose ( Mom's big sister ) was here in the Manila for 3 weeks, I'm now slowly going back to my 1,200 calorie meal program and this time around, I signed up with Sexy Chef's SexyDelicious meals. I've been at it for the last 2 weeks. In the last photo on this post, you'll see a sample meal plan for 1 day which consists of breakfast, lunch, a snack, and dinner.

What I'm Drinking
And, if I've been eating healthy stuff, it follows that I've been drinking healthy stuff too. I am happy that Detoxify Bar has finally opened in Westgate, in Alabang. I can now conveniently have my veggie juices any time I want 'em.

What's Making Me Smile Right Now
I spent a lot of time with relatives that I have not seen in years. It was fun seeing my little cousins all grown-up and taller than me. My grandmother's passing brought a reunion of sorts. While it does not sound right, it felt like the good ol' days when we were all still little. I guess I just missed being with them. Nothing beats the family love — I hope we, the younger generation, would do a better job at keeping in touch and seeing each other more often. We need to keep the love alive.




March went by so fast; there were just so many things happening all at once. I hope April would be more chill, not as toxic, and not as crazy as this month. I'm way behind a lot of my posts, so it looks like I won't really be suffering from any kind of writer's block in the next few weeks. Lol. Hope March has been good to you guys :) ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


50 comments:

Rochkirstin Santos said...

Your parents are admirable to have a second wedding and they have stayed together for so many years. They are one of the couples whose love for each other has been tested through time! :)

Masshole Mommy said...

I like 2FoodTrippers, too. They travel and eat at some of the coolest places!

Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle said...

I've never heard of Serena before. Thanks for sharing that. I love the picture of your mom and dad on their wedding day. It's great.

Ricci said...

Good job on getting back to eating healthy and drinking healthy!! it;s always good to have a few good meals though...

Hollie said...

So agree with you about food trippers, so many great food posts! Hope your April is Chill.

Catherine Sargent said...

Sounds like you have had a lot going on. The Flash series sounds good. I love just about all the super hero shows.

Jeanine said...

Love this! Lovely Post. Sounds like you have a lot to smile about right now! What a lovely photo of your parents!

Carmen Perez said...

I've never heard of FoodTrippers? I have to look into this. Congrats to your parents, and I love the old photo!

Cassie said...

THe hubs and I LOVE The Flash and Arrow! We binge watched Arrow and were excited when Flash was spun off this season. They have been our favorite shows this year!

tammileetips said...

I love looking at old photos!!! Sounds like you had an awesome March and here's to a great April!

Mhie Lee said...

Sounds you have lot of things going on. I agreed with you March went by fast.

Tiffany C said...

I would love to spend more time with my family! What a great post! Thanks!

Elizabeth O. said...

That’s such an awesome month! I bet your parents’ wedding is the highlight of it!

Roselynn Mercedes said...

It sounds like you found some peace even during the time of your grandma's passing with your family. I couldn't agree more about needing to stay in touch, I to have cousins I haven't seen since I was five.

Chubskulit Rose said...

It is sad when a family member passes but it is also a great time as the whole family reconnect. Glad you have a great time with them, makes me miss my family back home.

So sorry fr your loss.

Kori Tomelden said...

My parents split up when I was 10, but my grandparents (on my mom's side) have been married almost 70 years. And my grandparents, on my dad's side, I'm sure would still be married if my Lolo hadn't passed away.

Audrey said...

I love your parents wedding picture! I have started collecting our families wedding photos and its sad how many couples have divorced, but I celebrate the ones that are still together!
My parents are divorced as well and there is always hope that they will get back together!

Chrystal Mahan said...

I'm a fan of 2FoodTrippers, too! I admire your parents. Even if things are complicated right now.

Bonnie Gowen said...

What a beautiful wedding pic of your parents. =) I agree March went by way too fast. I'm hoping April is less toxic as well.

Autumn Blues Reviews said...

Sounds like you are super busy. Sexy Chef's SexyDelicious meals sounds like an interesting food program. It's so true that the death of a loved one brings families and friends together.

Nile said...

What a wonderful pic! It's kind of getting rare, especially here in the US to see a couple committed for such a long time.

The food looks great, even packaged. I've actually been looking into a few places near where I want to move that provide good food that is healthy, especially when I'm on the go.

The Mommy-Files said...

I've never heard of FoodTrippers before! Sounds like something we'd like to check out! Hope you have a great weekend!

Mums Babies said...

Such a beautiful story and way you have described it . Loved it !!

CourtneyLynne said...

Ahhhhh so much going on!!!! Love ittt :) I love food trippers too! I'm a foodie so reading anything about food is fabulous to me ;-)

Raine Pal said...

Oh well, two weddings doesn't mean your gonna stay together forever, sorry to hear that. I only have one, but my married life lasted for a month after I give birth with my eldest. I give him another chance because he promise me that he's going to change for good. I got pregnant again, then there I decided never again. Enough is enough, this is too much to carry. Now we are separated for almost 11 years and I am happy together with my kids.

Cher said...

This is a very nice picture, but it makes me wonder ... why isn't anyone smiling?

Lynndee said...

Sad to know that your parents aren't "together" but like you, I am hoping that they'll get back in each others' arms too. :) My parents have been married for 46 years now and although it wasn't a bed of roses, I am just glad that they made it this far. :)

Nickle love said...

I started watching The Flash yesterday and I'm about to watch ep15. It's so addictive, I love it!

Anne V said...

Going to check out 2FoodTrippers, I'm a sucker for food blogs and Detoxify Bar is great from what I've heard so far. Too bad about your parent's current set-up, just hope and pray for the best. It'll all pan out eventually, think positive. :)

Fatemah Sajwani said...

Oh its sad that hey are't together now but dont worry everything will be good. I wish u all the happiness dear. <3

Yona Williams said...

I love reading people's recaps of the previous month. I always find something new to discover or something to ponder…like my parent's relationship, who are still together yet…well…let's just say that I'll just be thinking about it today now.

Erin said...

I need to check out 2FoodTrippers! I love a good foodie blog!

Damian@dareandconquer said...

Hey russ,if you like food posts you could give a look to authoritynutrition dot com. It isn't like foodtriggers but it has more educational advice on nutrition just in case you are interested.

Fred Hawson said...

AS long as there is life there is hope, as they say. I am not really a fan of TV series, so I have not watched Flash or Arrow even though I liked them as cartoon characters. Food blogs are sometimes too hard to read, if you can't eat what they are describing, hehe.

eLaNaKcL said...

1200 calories? Ain't that too low? I think it's best to go for at least 1800 calories.

Mamta Balani said...

Ya u r right, every child big or small want the love of parents. Hope to see your parents together. Serena series is very interesting to read and enjoy... so enjoy.......

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

Thanks for sharing your March listings! I've heard about Flash the drama too but yet to catch it...

lee rosales said...

I always feel sad whenever i see and know a couple who are separated. Uso pala ang secret marriage noon, haha

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

I really need to get things in the zone in being healthy once again.

Sim @ SimsLife.co.uk said...

What a lovely post - how stunning is your mum!! Sounds like you have had a really busy month! Sim x

Prasad Np said...

Very interesting...good to see the picture of your parents taken during the wedding. How time flies, I am sure they never thought their picture one day will come on internet ( there was no internet in those days :)

Franc said...

I like to watch Flash too. It's really funny and it ties in to the stories in Arrow.

Vanessa said...

I checked out the blog you recommended and it is really awesome, will be one of my favorite blogs, too. I would love to read Serena, too.

Eliz Frank said...

It's a beautiful post and honestly, sometimes things happen that we can't fully understand or explain. Happy Anniversary to them.

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

Sounds like you had such a busy month! How much is the Sexy Chef's 1,200 calorie meal plan?

Sarah @ Must Have Mom said...

Awww, what an awesome picture. Memories like this are the best. That's interesting that they got married twice! Thanks for sharing their story, and hope you get your wish ;-)

Amanda Love said...

It's great to see a photo of your parents together. Maybe one day the universe may align and they'll do it all over again. Who knows?

April and the City said...

It's the first time that I stumbled upon this blog series of yours, maybe I can do it too?! I don't watch The Flash though.

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

I haven't watched The Flash yet but I'm hearing a lot of good things about the show. Will watch episode 1 and see if I like it.

Len said...

i would like to try the sexy chef's meals looks promising, your parents are amazing though,