27 April, 2015

Carpe Diem: April 2015

Hello, April!
Hello, April!

This month welcomed me with a bad flu. I got it from a colleague and it was just so bad that I was sick during the long break at the start of this month. I was on house arrest for a week. I'm just happy and thankful that I am better now. Getting catches up with you when you're older — I'm not this cranky little girl whenever I'm sick ( used to not be like that ). P and my Mom got the flu as well, but both are okay now. I hate the feeling of having to stay at home and do nothing in this annoyingly scorching hot weather that we're experiencing in the Philippines. Forecasts predict that temperatures will shoot up and it will be hotter, irritatingly hotter in May. Geez, it looks I need a cold weather getaway.





My Favorite Blog This Month: No Money, Will Travel. ( www.nomoneywilltravel.com )
I discovered No Money, Will Travel from an FB group of fellow wanderlust-ers. Andrea, the owner of the blog and the author, is an 18-year old girl who is planning to go on a backpack adventure. I've read some of her entries and she's a written a lot of write-ups that will, well, make you want to explore the world!Ü You'll also find helpful tips and travel guides in Andrea's blog.

What I'm Reading
I'm still reading Ron Rash's Serena. Read more from my Carpe Diem - March post.

What I'm Watching
Game of Thrones' Season 5 practically took forever, but I'm happy that they're back! I've been staying away from my FB newsfeed these past weeks to avoid any spoilers. So, P and I are back to our Monday night GOT dates.Ü


Game of Thrones, Season 5
Coffee



What I'm Eating
I'm still on Sexy Chef's SexyDelicious meal program ..... I promise to write about it soon!

What I'm Drinking
I've been drinking coffee ( surprisingly it's caffeine and not wine ) lately, a lot more than I normally have. It helps me get by especially on days when I find it difficult to get my ass out of bed. I'm a little stressed out, which has been the norm this entire month. There's no need to worry though because this is temporary.Ö

What's Making Me Smile Right Now
Following what I said about being stressed out, it's funny how some of my friends and former colleagues that I recently had dinner with said that I look great ( photo with P up there is my most recent pic ). It did make me laugh hearing them say that. I'm usually very transparent. I don't even need to say something and anyone will be able to easily tell that I am tired or I look overworked or not feeling alright. That comment about looking great makes me think that I have gotten better at handling stress. That's good, right? For one, it isn't my nature to complain. I take whatever punches are thrown at me, but trust that I will not take things sitting down. I voice out what I feel and it's important for me that I do something about whatever it is that is stressing me out.




May is just a few days away and there are just so many things that need to be done. I have this growing list of stuff that I am itching to write about, experiences that I am excited to share with you guys. BTW, I have new favorite dishes and have discovered new restaurants — except for this one restaurant that P & I went to and there was a cockroach incident. I already had 2 bites already before we saw the baby cockroach crawling on my Stuffed French Toast. If we're friends in IG, you prolly know what I'm talking about. Anyways, I am keeping my fingers crossed for some breather so I can write about them soon.

I hope your April's way better than what I had. Was there something that kept you busy this month?
☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


50 comments:

Terri Ramsey Beavers said...

Thanks so much for sharing your favorite things, it's always fun to read what others are doing or like. Sorry you got the flu, I got it at the end of last year and it turned into pneumonia.

OY HZ said...

I've been taking coffee (caffeine) a lot recently too, to get myself through the work week. Take care and don't stress yourself out!

Jhanz A. said...

I hope April treats you well! :) Thanks for recommending no money will travel! Such an inspiring blog for people who would love to try backpacking as well. :)


www.jhanzey.net

Ayesha said...

Ohhh, not a good way to start the month but good thing it's just a week. Love the Game of Thrones too :)

Looking forward to your SexyDelicious meal prog post.

Irish said...

I hate being sick too but at least it gives me a legitimate reason to be off of work. I haven't started watching GoT5 yet. I'll wait until the last few episode so I can watch the episodes in one go.

Amanda Simkin said...

Lately I have been a crazy coffee drinker as well...I blame it on my kids not napping and Chicagoland weather finally encouraging my love of iced coffee. Excited to read about the meal plan you are following...sounds very interesting!

Amanda
www.queenofthelandoftwigsnberries.com

April Mims said...

Glad that you're feeling better now. The flu can make you really miserable!

Marie said...

Same here! Been having more coffee recently, it helps me get by each day specially that I have tons of work lately.

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

I hope you're feeling better now, Russ!

Elizabeth O. said...

Use Arabica Hazelnut flavor I get mine delivered from Baguio. Add some ice and vanilla.

MikiHope said...

I hope you are feeling much better now--the flu is no fun to have! And while you are hoping for cooler weather--I am hoping for warmer weather!

Dhemz said...

I can't wait to hear about your Sexy Chef's SD meal program. I was wondering if it's worth the price.

Franc said...

Good luck on the warmer months of May. I'm looking forward to your fresh new topics too.

CourtneyLynne said...

Awwwww being sick really sucks!!! This year sucked fu wise in our household! Hope this is a healthier month for you :)

mail4rosey said...

Learning to handle stress is a good thing. And you do look great!

Dogvills said...

I am sorry you got a bad flu. I hope you are feeling better now. I need to check that meal plan

Travis N. Tucker said...

I'm glad that Game of Thrones is back as well. I can't wait to see what the future holds for Jon Snow and Arya.

Miranda Myrabev said...

You had a cockroach in your salad, omg would have made me scream for my life lol. Hope May is better for you

AmberFaith said...

I'm sorry that you've been sick :( I always happen to come down with something at the least convenient times!

Michelle Hwee said...

Oh man, hope you feel better soon. I loved learning a bit more about you! Definitely was fun with the "interview" style questions at the end.

HilLesha O'Nan said...

I love reading traveling blogs. I'll definitely have to check out the one you mentioned.

Franc said...

I gotta catch up Game of Thrones, I stopped at Season 3.

Aleshea said...

I could be a lot better about handling stress. I think we all could. HAHA

April Decheine said...

Love all the good stuff you are reading! I love reading travel blogs, so much interesting things to get involved with!

Rochkirstin Santos said...

I have also been drinking coffee lately. What kind of coffee do you like most? I like it when mixed with milk tea. :P

Masshole Mommy said...

Sorry you got hit so hard by the flu. We had it twice in our house this winter. I hope you are feeling better!

Christy Maurer said...

I hope you have a happy May! I'm sorry about the flu! I had that at the end of March and it is no fun! Enjoy Game of Thrones! I am waiting til it comes on Netflix...hopefully!

kareen liez said...

That is an awesome blog you recommended! I am not a coffee person but these days I am like into too!

Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle said...

I don't know where I'd be without my liquid caffeine. I've been upping the coffee a lot lately.

Melissa Pezza said...

I run to reduce stress, but I could definitely stand to do a few other stress relieving activities.

Fiona said...

No money will travel sounds like a great blog, I'll have to check it out. I hope May is a great month for you!

Alli Smith said...

Hope you are feeling much better! Once it warms up, I slack up on the coffee or switch to iced coffee.

Jessica Simms said...

I'm glad to hear your feeling better, I know how it can get with the heat in the Philippines, it doesn't mix well when you're not feeling good but something inside of u just wants to go outside and have fun.

Donna L. Ward said...

Your photo does look great, even if you weren't feeling well - by now you're probably all better, sorry to hear that you were a bit under the weather - and I am reading the 5th book of GOT - we're going to get the first series on Netflex -
I've been drinking some great teas to help wake me up! (not a coffee drinker)
Big smiles :)

Liz Mays said...

My son mentions Game of Thrones every time we get on the phone. I really need to check it out but I don't have HBO.

Jeanine said...

Sorry you've been sick! I hope you start to feel MUCH better! I am a caffeine freak, but when the weather is hot I tend to stick to less caffeinefilled drinks.

Michele D said...

Glad to hear that your doing better. The month of April for me was a top up. Looking forward to what May brings for us both.

kat b said...

Blogging keeps me very busy. Also taking care of my girls. They always keep me busy. :)

Ricci said...

School is keeping me busy right now!! I have finals this week and next and have been studying like crazy!!

Lauren Richardson said...

Love this post! It sounds like April started off crappy, but ended good! I hope your month of May is fantastic!

mail4rosey said...

The travel blog sounds great. Love that she's just 18 and already out and about living her dreams!

Ann B said...

I spent the bulk of April stuck in bed with a bad back. I hate not being able to get up and do things without having to ask for help. I watched a lot of Netflix while i was in bed. I am happy to hear you are feeling better.

Bonnie Gowen said...

Sorry to hear you were sick with the flu. I had to chuckle about your sexylicious meal plan, or I think that is what you called it? =)

Lynndee said...

The scorching heat in the Phils. is the usual complain that I read on FB almost everyday. I used to complain a lot about it too - something that the hubs didn't understand because he loved the heat when he was there. :)

Dogvills said...

You suggested an amazing blog. I am loving it. I am reading The Maze Runner and I am loving it

HilLesha O'Nan said...

I know that Game of Thrones is all of the rage these days. However, I haven't watched even one episode yet. Maybe someday!

popcosmo said...

Game of Thrones is my absolute favorite. Although I'm sorry you had the flu, I'm glad you had a chance to binge on it!!

Erin said...

Hey, welcome to the coffee club! Lol, I don't think I could get by any day without it!

Michelle Varga said...

I don't know how I would survive without coffee! I used to never drink the stuff but since having my son I can't be without it! lol

Krystal Butherus said...

I hope your May is better than April too! I am hoping for a very productive May myself. Here's to reaching our goals!