25 May, 2015

Carpe Diem: May 2015

Hello, May

Sometimes, all you need is one day. You get in your car and get out of the city. You may think that you don't need it but you'll be surprised at what one day can do. Last month was just plain crappy. Emotionally draining. And, I'm just glad that May started on a better note.

Capturing the photo above was perfect timing. Unexpectedly, I was at the right spot at the right time. On the first day of this month, P and I drove all the way to the far side of Batangas and we got lost. Kaloka! Someone drew a map for us but it wasn't exactly clear how to get there. To make things more exciting, we were led to a long & winding road. Yup, literally. There was a whole hour wherein the only stuff that we saw were greens, trees, mountains, zig-zag road, more trees, and more mountains. We couldn't use Waze because there was NO SIGNAL ( gasp! ) and all we had was the map that was poorly drawn by a colleague of ours.

Nature was so nice to use that day. Amidst all these trees and mountains, suddenly, there was a short patch where you'd see beautiful blue skies and inviting waters. The long drive with P, being away from the city where towering buildings were replaced by trees, being embraced by the mountains and kissed by fresh air and at the same time we were close to sea, it seemed like all the stress in the world that I have with me just vanished.

You see, sometimes, you don't need to be away for an entire week. Sometimes, even a day is enough to save your sanity.Ü






Movie, 3 Idiots


My Favorite Blog This Month: Marie's Travels. ( www.mariestravels.com )
Marie ( lovely girl ) is from Scandinavia and you'd guess from the name of her blog that she loves to travel. I found myself reading a lot about Barcelona because of one of her posts. She has a lot of amazing stuff to share from the places she has been to, so make sure to give her some blogger love after this.

What I'm Reading
I'm still reading Ron Rash's Serena. Read more from my Carpe Diem - March post. I kind of got stuck with this book because I have not had that much extra time to read :(

What I'm Watching
3 Idiots is my feel good movie last month. It's now in my top 10 favorite films of all time. There isn't much production value but it has its charming Bollywood elements + powerful & touching messages about friendship, love, education, living, and excellence that will make your heart smile especially if you're going through a tough time. Ihave been bugging P to look for one of the songs used in 3 Idiots. It's called Zoobi Doobi and it will be my new P ringtone.Ü [ Read about the plot here. ]

What I'm Eating + Drinking
I'm still on Sexy Chef's SexyDelicious meal program — am writing about it one of these days. Promise!
Will you find it weird if I tell you that I'm having this milk phase right now?

What's Making Me Smile Right Now
One of my super good friends, my brother from another mother, got married last 03-MAY. I am genuinely happy for him because I know that him finding the girl of his dreams was fated. They have a great love story to share to their future kids and grandchildren & I'm glad to have witnessed this love story of theirs.


The Waiting Game




This month has been busy but I sure am glad to have started May right. The change of scenery was helpful, an appropriate distraction. I felt recharged.Ü As for you my lovelies, I hope you find time for some R & R even if it were for just a day or two. Things can get crazy even at home, right? So give yourself some extra love this weekend or the day after tomorrow and do an "I will re-charge" activity. Do you have something in mind already?Ü ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


30 comments:

Louise Banta said...

I haven't seen 3 Idiots but I heard it's a fun movie to watch.

Anyway, I haven't planned how I will recharge for the coming month because I'm really busy this week with events in the province.

Maybe while I'm in Batangas for the weekends, I could spend some hours enjoying the fresh air. That, I think, would do.

Jeanine said...

Such a beautiful photo! It's true sometimes you just need a day to recharge, I feel like that sometimes and I take a little time out and I'm good! Glad it was a good distraction for you!

theresa said...

Seeing the last photo makes me want to have my wedding like that. Ohh, I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Sef Tiburcio said...

If I will be given a free one day to spend, I will send myself to the beach because I always find that place serene and comforting amidst all the negativities in my life.

mail4rosey said...

I love that you're so happy for your friend. It is nice when people find the right romance. :)

Franc said...

It's great to be lost once in a while. It allows us to discover new things.

Elizabeth O. said...

We all need some time off to unwind. I enjoyed the photos, especially the last one. I bet it was a beautiful wedding.

Dogvills said...

I would love to see 3 idiots. I am also curious about Sexy chef meal plan. It sounds great

Shayn Summer said...

The picture above is beautiful. That must be good. I don't have a car but I'm thinking of just riding in a bus like a round trip lang. Nature is indeed soul refreshing. 3 idiots is one of my favorites too. Even if I rewatch it, hindi ako nagsasawa.

JOJO VITO said...

yes, thank you for reminding... I guess I need to recharge too...I've been working so hard these days and I guess I need some refueling....

Eslam Yosef said...

Wow, loved the pics as it super amazing.

Great to hear that you're happy Russ, be always :)

Ay Lin said...

... that's why I make it to at least travel on weekends. It's kind of rejuvenating.

Sam said...

I loved Three Idiots. It just disproves our typically idea of success

NotYourOrdinary mum said...

Carpe Diem is my mantra. Although, tiring. hahaha. I need to recharge, too!! Well, recharging maybe, anywwhere like hotels etc... a staycation would do. or the nearest coffee shop and catch up on my reading! :)

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

It's true, sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in a rut also. A day at the mall, or even going to the grocery and the eating out is enough to help my mind take a rest.

Marie Imperial said...

I love the 3 Idiots too Sis! I haven't tried the Sexy Chef food yet. I am very curious kasi marami na kasi siyang good reviews. ^_^

Charlotte Anne de Peralta said...

I love 3 idiots very much. It's really fun to watch and it's not boring. The last photo is really lovely and the location is just wow. Where is that place?

Janice Lim said...

I wish it was that easy for us to just up and leave and go out of town. It's more challenging for us because we have three kids. But I totally agree about the importance of having some R&R. :)

Liz Martin said...

I so agree Russ! Sometimes we need a break from the hustle and bustle of life especially in the city where things can go so fast! I'm also thankful that I got my needed breaks during the April and May summer months. It helped me recharge my already drained mind and tired body.

Ling Tan said...

we are thinking of visiting either austria or spain soon... will check out the travel blog you've recommended to help with the decision making. seems like quite a month for you Russ :)

lee rosales said...

Its true that sometimes all we need is 1 day if free day. Just all by yourself to unwind and relax your mind. What I do is go to a local coffee shop which not all teenagers would go. Maybe 2&4 custoners will just be there. Or I just get on my car and drive and nowhere to go actually,lol

Mia Foo said...

fully agree that nature is one of the best method to unwind and de-stress! I love reading travelogues too! will check out marie's blog when I have time!

Jason P. said...

So incredibly important to take a lot of breaks when doing something difficult. It's definitely better to take longer doing something instead forcing yourself to finish it with a total lack of enthusiasm. :D

Sunshine Kelly said...

Yes! We all need to recharge once a while to get back on track. All i need now is a good massage to relax my body.

Fred Hawson said...

Barcelona is beautiful -- GO! Too bad I was not able to write about that trip in my blog at all since I had such a busy time coming home from a grand vacation. Hehe. 3 Idiots -- loved that too.

Raine Pal said...

I really need this--to be RECHARGE! We all need this, especially those who are coming from a stressful work, etc...we need a break and relax.

Fernando Lachica said...

I'm glad the way you tackled your undertakings. I watched 3 Idiots too, and some other Bollywood movies. Love these 3 Hindi celebrities.

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

I've watched the 3 idiots too! Haha. I gotta agree it's pretty good :)
Hope you read my blog or you can tell me what you like too!

Karen said...

My R and R ends last May and like you said on your post I feel like I badly needed to recharge again because office work is like Circus with the nearing election and the sucking issues of politics. argh

Amanda Love said...

Seems like you're doing quite a bit and congrats on your friend for taking the plunge. Marriage is a big commitment and seems like he's on the right track.