19 May, 2015

Freelance writing workshop

Writing is kind of my thing. Like events, I used to not like writing, but it seems that the more I stay away from it, the world just finds a billion and one reasons for me to write — both for work and during my free time. While it's a fact that it isn't my first love ( being a news anchor is ), it has always been one of my favorite activities to spend my leisure time. Even as a kid, I would bring my notebooks and pens with me during family vacations nd because of that, my brother thinks I'm weird. Don't get angry at him. He's just being cute ... typical little brother who pretends to not understand what his big sister is up to.Ü

No one's ever told me and I just kind of learned by myself that writing makes me happy. It has always been a good outlet and together with the snapshots I take + some layouts that I do, I've found something else other than trips that make me feel relaxed. And, some time last year I have been toying with the idea of putting this writing thing that I have to another level. I'm talking about freelance writing ( mostly for travel ) but I have yet to see if I'm cut for the job.

Freelance

I was hoping to attend this workshop by Nizza Gueco, but it's just too bad that I have work on Saturdays.Ö Lemme spread the word and show some love + if you're interested or if you know someone who you think may want to start a new career as a freelance writer, then check out the deets below. You know the drill.   ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.

What: Freelance Writing Workshop
When: Saturday, 23-May 2015. 12:00PM to 6:00PM
Where: QC, near Welcome Rotonda ( details will be give to attendees )
Fee: Php1500 per slot; refer to poster for group discounts
Contact: nizzagueco@yahoo.com + facebook.com/nizza.gueco



You may be tired of the routine you're stuck with: wake up early to prepare for work, travel more than an hour to your office, spend 9 ( or more! ) hours doing work, clock-out tired and weary without a sense of fulfillment, travel again to go home, eat, prepare for bed, cuddle, and spend time with your family ( if you're not too tired ), get 8 hours of not-so restful sleep only to wake up early the same morning to repeat this routine. If you no longer want this kind of lifestyle, then it may be time for you to ditch that routine and become a freelance writer ... where work and play are possible.


Don't mistake this workshop to be like the ones you have attended so far. What does this workshop have that is different? Unlike, other workshops that offer general insights in being a freelancer, this workshop will guide you through everything ... step-by-step. In this workshop, you walk in an employee tired of their day job, or an employee looking for extra income, and you come out still an employee BUT with a renewed spirit and a long term freelancing job if you are chosen. If not, you still walk out with a freelancing profile that is ready to send out your first application and accept your new job.

Curious?
Here are some of the things you're sure to learn:

» Career path guidance. There are 2 types of freelancers & this workshop will help you determine which type best suits you.
» Profile creation. Know how to vamp up your profile to get yourself noticed by clients.
» Niche picking. Learn which niche or 'genre' as we call it in music will work best for you & your skills.
» Learn about the rates. Know that bidding to high won't win you the; bidding too low won't either.
» Cover letter creation
» Choosing the job
» Bidding for the job
» Know what to do when you get the job, from accepting offers and terms, to actually starting wit the job.

All these will equip you to be more competitive in the freelancing world. These will also ensure that you can start your career right after you leave the workshop.Of course, you don't walk away with just that. There are other 'bonuses' that can help with your freelancing careers.

» Know the policies & processes when it comes to withdrawing earnings
» Know which websites to register
» Get the best time management tips ( how to prevent procrastinating when you don't have a boss )
» You'll also love the productivity tips ... learn how to work smarter to finish the job in a shorter time
» And finally, how do you spend your money wisely?

Aside from the tips that you'll learn + the fun writing activities, there are pastries and a coffee buffet from Paulette's Choclettes for participants to enjoy. Participants will also receive a certificate and may get a chance to have a long term job with Do It Write Solutions.


Visit and like their pages :)
Nizza Gueco
Paulette's Choclettes
Do It Write Solutions


50 comments:

Katie @ Pick Any Two said...

Sounds like a great workshop! I've been a part-time freelance writer for almost two years now, and you can always learn more tricks of the trade!

Masshole Mommy said...

When I first started, I wrote about whatever I felt like. Since then, things have changed, but I think this sounds like a great workshop. I think even the best writers still have a thing or two to learn.

theresa said...

I think I saw this invite already. I hope it's for free. I can't shell out 1.5k at the moment. ;(

Keianna Harrison said...

Writing makes me really happy, too. And freelancing for money can be tough. Great tips!

Eslam yosef said...

Great news to here Russ, You writing skills are highly recommended for everyone want to improve his. Just working with you or even reading your posts gives a great experience.

Six Time Mommy TEST said...

This sounds interesting! I've never been to anything like it. I know quite a few people who probably love this so I'll have to share! - jeanine

Paulline Joy Flores said...

Oh.. Why are good workshops on Saturdays?

TweenselMom said...

Interesting topics on this workshop :-) I'd like to attend one.

Michelle Martinka said...

Freelancing is hard, but has given me a life I love with the kids! Your workshop sounds great!

Amanda Simkin said...

Writing is extremely therapeutic for me as well. Funny since I spent my career teaching kids how to write and never really get much time to write for myself...thank goodness I started blogging, eh?

Amanda
www.queenofthelandoftwigsnberries.com

Choya said...

I enjoy writing myself, especially after a long day. It's so relaxing and its therapeutic.

Franc said...

This is a nice workshop as it not only teaches you about freelance writing. It also teaches you to how to get the freelance jobs.

Elizabeth O. said...

My sister will be interested in this. I will tel her about the workshop.

mail4rosey said...

Well I was nodding my head going through the list. So many important things featured!

Dhemz said...

sounds like a great workshop! I would love to attend events like this. Thanks for sharing!

Dogvills said...

I would love to attend a writing workshop one day. It will help me pick a niche and focus

JOJO VITO said...

this is a good training for those who are writing and thought of earning from it.

Janice Lim said...

I'm actually looking for a freelance writing workshop to attend but I prefer one developed for more advanced writers. Good luck on your writing! :)

Charlotte Anne de Peralta said...

Attending this workshop must be so awesome. I would love to attend something like this in the future. This is worth tons of learning!

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

I'm sure you can pull off being a freelance writer. I would love to attend a writing workshop as well.

Amanda Love said...

Sounds like it would be a great workshop. I don't like writing myself but I'm also forced to do it especially since I blog. I would love to do a much better job of what I do now though.

Liz Mays said...

It sounds like a very worthwhile event at which much learning would take place. Also, the snacktime sounds good!

Uplifting Families said...

I would love to go to a workshop or even a conference one of these days. I have grown to enjoy writing over the last several years. :)

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

Aww, too bad it's not held in my country.
Thanks for sharing the workshop and looking forward to see how you are inspired by them!

Jason P. said...

Would tooootally love to attend this workshop because it seems super cool! If only I didn't have school preparations :(

Fernando Lachica said...

Very nice workshop and freelance writing is a must for people on the go. Love this article, knowing that writing groups still exist.

Elizabeth O. said...

Sounds like a great workshop. This will be a great opportunity for aspiring writers to learn more.

Anne V said...

I got an invite for this very workshop, but I'm grounded with babies at the moment and going out just isn't in the cards yet.

Like you, writing wasn't my first love, well not even a second or third haha. I just stumbled upon my passion for it fairly recently, last Feb actually and was surprised that I had a knack for it. I'm a stay at home mom and getting paid for writing articles is a huge bonus. No more asking the husband for shopping money, I can earn my own while having a blast. :)

Raquel said...

Writing is a good outlet for me too. It enables me not only to express but to release my creativity. Thanks for the post. I had a wonderful time reading it.

Kita said...

That's neat I could use a workshop to write I write so much how I talk that it's ridiculous. Great set up for those who want to start a blog too.

Anita Utami said...

This sounds like a great workshop. I think it is important for writers, or any kind of profession really, to always brush up their skills. Workshop is a great way to acquire new skills; not to mention to network with other like-minded professionals.

Nikki said...

I've always been a writer, it just took me a while to realize that I could actually do it for a living versus just doing it for fun. This sounds like a really great workshop for anyone who wants to master the life of freelancing. I love that it offers information on everything, including dealing with your finances.

Sim @ SimsLife.co.uk said...

Sounds like a great workshop, such a shame you will miss it! I started writing as a hobby but it has certainly proved to be a great outlet!

Amanda T said...

I can completely understand what you're saying. Sometimes when I get overwhelmed with blogging, I start to feel like I hate writing. But when I take a break, and start writing for myself - I remember how much I love it, and I always end up writing.

CourtneyLynne said...

This sounds like a great workshop!! I really could use something like this!

Louise Banta said...

This would be a helpful workshop for me however, how I wish to have seen this post of yours a lot earlier. :( I'm planning to do freelancing jobs but I don't exactly know how to start or what kind of jobs are there really. I hope there's a next time! :)

Mia Foo said...

sounds like a great workshop for those who are looking to make writing into a career. should also be useful for those who just like to write to have fun. thanks for sharing this!

Fred Hawson said...

I always tell myself I want to attend one of these writing workshops. But sometimes I think, will my writing style really change? The way we write is what makes our writing unique.

papaleng said...

Whah.. I missed this one. Attending writing workshop has helped me honed my writing skill.

Ling Tan said...

attending an events and workshops are an excellent way to re-connect with your interest and passion. Too bad this is not in my hood, or I might just sign up for it :)

Pooja Kawatra said...

Wonderful workshop for all those who loves writing and there is definitely something good to learn from these workshop.

Loudthinkin said...

Hey this seems to be really great workshop for beginners! A step by step guide on how to take up this profession seriously and do well in it!

The Plagued Parent said...

It is wonderful that you have been able to persue a passion you discovered as a child. Hopefully your advertising the workshop will appeal to some writers unsure of their gifts!

Karen of MrsLookingGood said...

Kudos to you for knowing in your heart where your passion lies. I encourage you to take that workshop once they announce a new schedule and look at potential freelancing opportunities for you.

And hold on to that news anchor dream too! Maybe your path can lead you to work related to journalism or broadcast communication.

Jennifer Juro said...

This sounds like a great workshop for any freelance writing workshop. I love to find new ways to build on my skills. I wish this was closer to where I live so I could attend the workshop

Franc said...

This got everything covered from the skill set to eventually establishing a career. This can really develop more career writers.

Raymond Vasquez said...

Would really love to attend this one, but I am far from there. And yeah, there's P1,500 that's also part of the cost. But I'd gladly join one if held in CdeO.

Rebecca Swenor said...

This sounds like an awesome workshop indeed. It would be totally perfect for those looking to start something new who love to write. Thanks for shairng.

Kylie wenn said...

Need to attend this kind of workshop sometimes, to polish up my writing skills... Just love to write!

Miranda Myrabev said...

It really sounds like a great workshop. I am not that great with writing and never thought of doing writing workshops but I do love the social engagement.