23 August, 2015

#FoodTrip: Le Petit Soufflé, Century City Mall

Le Petit Soufflé, Century City Mall

I discovered Le Petit Soufflé in April. It was a holiday and I was heading to Fully Booked but stopped midway because of the large windows that were practically screaming at me and inviting to take a peek inside this lovely new restaurant — quaint but striking with a chic and cozy outdoor-inspired setting that will simply want to make you go inside. I was so excited to see what's on the menu only to find out that they were still closed.Ö

A curious person is persistent that's why after a month, I was back. And this time, Le Petit Soufflé greets me with awesome news. Yup, this time around, they're open.Ü Let me warn you: this post is going to be a gastrofeast for your hungry eyes. Are you ready?




Lovely Le Petit


Best casual dining with a gastrofeast of French-Japanese fusion
As one walks in Le Petit Soufflé, the yellow seats and the yellow + white + brown wooden windows will definitely catch your attention. These and everything else inside, including the foliage with rolling pins ( quite strange but it helps create this outdoor feel ), are just lovely to look at. The well-thought out interior design would tell anyone that you're sure to have a wonderful dining experience.

Le Petit Soufflé was on soft opening ( I think they still are ) so there ain't much on their menu yet. But, don't worry because there's still variety in their food offerings because they have soup, salads, bread, pasta, rice dishes, Japanese soufflé pancake, soufflé glacé, parfait, really good desserts, and fruit teas. Coffee enthusiasts like me can enjoy a nice, warm cup of strong brewed coffee. And for wine-lovers, like me again, Le Petit Soufflé has sumptuous wines that you can pair with their dishes.

P and I both agree that everything at Le Petit Soufflé's bursting with flavor and creaminess. Glorious, if you ask me. I'm a fan of French Onion Soup and I just had try it the first time we dined at Le Petit Soufflé. I love how they paired Gruyere with Emmenthal — this made my bowl of French Onion Soup ( Php220 / $4.90 ) a clear winner and is now #2 on my list of the best French Onion Soups I've had.


Welcome to Le Petit Soufflé French Onion Soup Just Toast Pancetta Carbonara Foie Gras Mac & Cheese Squid Ink Rice Classic Pancake


Just Toast ( Php 150 / $3.40 ), a thick slice of brioche bread served with butter and jam, was an odd order that I had. P says it's unexpected but that was because I was undecided on what I was going to have. After a glass of chardonnay, I found something that's not too alien to me, but something that seemed worth trying: Squid-Ink Rice ( Php395 / $8.80 ). This dish reminded me of Paella Negra — my teeth and lips were stained black from the squid ink.

P, the carbonara connoisseur, gives their Pancetta Carbonara ( Php355 / $7.90 ) 2 thumbs up. This is an upgrade from the usual carbonaras that we have gotten used to. While this may not be a surprise to some of you, we learned from one of our chef friends that a true carbonara doesn't have cream. They have one here at Le Petit Soufflé and it doesn't disappoint. I don't think they have anything that disappoints. During one of our visits, P tried to be adventurous so he got the Foie Gras Mac & Cheese ( Php625 / $13.90 ). Trust me, you can't go wrong with this one. It's simply divine! It's the melt-in-your-mouth kind of divine divine and it's soooo good, you'll want to close your eyes as you enjoy the flavor. Plus, they are very generous with their foie gras.

For sweet endings, I recommend the Valrhona Grand Crus ( Php375 / $8.70 ). If you're a chocolate-lover, you must simply try these layers of Valrhona chocolate that's served with vanilla creme Anglaise. For dessert, P always gets their Classic Pancakes ( Php160 / $3.55 ). He says that it's best pancakes he's ever tried.




Expect to dish out Php500 ( $11 ) per head if you're coming here for coffee and at least Php1,000 ( $22 ) per head if you're having lunch. With astounding food, great service, and an overall nice dining experience Le Petit Soufflé makes a good date place. It's also the perfect venue to meet-up with girlfriends so you guys can catch up over coffee or wine. is just on soft opening. You may also want to bring your mom or dad for a breakfast date, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.  ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


★ ★ ★ ★ ★


✎  Le Petit Soufflé
  +632.8863056
  3F Century City Mall ( across Sony ), Kalayaan Ave., Makati City


50 comments:

loner zone said...

I'd like to have a taste of that squid ink rice. It must be so good. I'd order this here if I'd be able to pay a visit.

Esme Sy said...

I can't imagine a French-Japanese restaurant, but the food sure looks yummy! I'd like to try this some time soon. Thanks for sharing.

Anne V said...

Le Petite Souffle had me at Pancetta and Foie Gras, and then there's the beautiful interior design. It looks like a great place to dine. Do they have other branches around the metro except for this one?

Louise Banta said...

I'm a carbonara fan and your review about it made me want to try theirs out! Loving their interiors. This is a nice place to have a date in. Hehe! Their prices are a little high but if they really don't disappoint customers, then money will be worth spending here.

Fred Hawson said...

Looks like a good date place as you said, or a place for special occasions. The price really is a little prohibitive for regular meals even though they look really good in your pictures.

Mia Foo said...

the place looks nice! but, is that raw egg yolk with very raw smoked bacon on the pancetta carbonara?

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

Oooo... you got me at Foie Gras Mac & Cheese! It looks good! Feel like eating that too!

Franc said...

They do have a nice mix of excellent pastries and really unique food. I'll check this out at Century City Mall.

Danessa Foo said...

You're right, those pictures sure whet my appetite for supper. The french onion soup and squid ink rice would be my top 2 choices :D

Deshawn Keiner said...

This restaurant seems like it would be a nice place to have date night at. I never considered pancakes a dessert item however it does sound great.

Jason P. said...

OMG the food looks so great!! I'm so excited to try this place this Sunday! Haha! The food's a bit pricey but I feel like it would be worth it :D

Mums Babies said...

Food is looking awesome and making me hungry now. I have tried french onion soup and it really has that mild kind of sweetness to it which will love on any rainy day.

Sin Yee said...

These are mouth-watering.. My stomach is drooling now.. Give me some food please~

yvonnembertoldo said...

A bit pricey but food seems very delicious. I've been wanting to visit that mall because there's so many restaurants there that has great reviews.

OY HZ said...

Your photos are perfect, everything look so yummy! Is the foie gras they serve goose or duck liver?

Ling said...

That food! Looks lovely. My sons and I will Zoom in on that cabonara and the pancake for sure. Luckily for my waistline, this is a plane ride away - too far to inflict any damage ;)

Franc said...

Le Petite Souffle has a really inviting ambiance. No wonder it got you drawn when you were headed to fully booked.

theresa said...

Gosh! Everything was just too mouthwatering! May I ask what camera are using? Your photos look good!!!

Len said...

Yummy foods and cozy resto. I would try to treat my fam here. When my budget permits.

Sef Tiburcio said...

I really wanted to try Souffle Restaurant but it is quite costly to dine and experience. Anyhow, I am looking forward to try their desserts. :)

Chel said...

Love your photos Russ! I reckon 1000pesos is reasonable for their food, it looks really good! I will definitely try their French Onion Soup.

Mark Villar said...

Wow! The food looks perfect. Would love to try this soon.

Janice Lim said...

I love French food! I haven't encountered this resto though because I don't really frequent Century City Mall. Might check it out in the near future. :)

carlo camilo valenzona said...

I hope to try out their vegetarian meals soon

Pen My Blog said...

The food looks amazing. I like the idea of a fushion restaurant, sounds so quaint. Thanks for the share!

Masshole Mommy said...

Oh my, look at all that food. Everything looks amazing and you are totally right about the decor - it is very inviting.

Mrs ABC said...

yummy!!! i wish i lived closer so i could try that french onion soup! that is my fave!

Alli Smith said...

These photos are making me hungry and I just ate breakfast! I would love to visit that restaurant. All of the food looks so delicious!

Jeannette said...

This looks like a cute little restaurant! All the food you took pictures of makes the food looks mouthwatering and from what I read it was! If I ever get to that part of the world I will check them out.

Chubskulit Rose said...

That orice for those great looking dishes isn't so bad. I would love the squid rice ink.

Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle said...

Well, now I'm STARVING! Those photos are amazing. Like, I'm on the verge of licking my monitor.

Martine Jolicoeur said...

Wow! I am getting so hungry as I look at those pictures. This is area l gastrofest! I also like that the prices are reasonable. I also liked the way the place is presented. Great review and I hope I can to eat there someday!

Jennifer Juro said...

I don't think I have ever had Japanese food!! All of this looks delicious and it looks like a nice restaurant too!

Deal Match Maker said...

Oh my .... I really want to visit this restaurant. I love French cuisine.. Pretty expensive but worth it :) My favorite : pancetta

Katarina K said...

Looks like beautiful food, seriously. I would definitely go there, and the place itself is gorgeous.

Mykidsguide said...

Le Petite Souffle looks like a great place to dine. I love the atmosphere and all the food looks delicious.

Skinny Brokovich said...

I love it.. Imhope they branch out to cebu

Cher said...

I would go there just for the French Onion Soup. I'm like you ... I rank my best as well!

Rachel Neal said...

Your pictures are lovely and I could eat that for right now. making me so hungry. x

ourfamilyworld said...

The restaurant looks so cozy. I love both French and Japanese cuisines. I bet the fusion entrees there are delicious.

Bonnie Gowen said...

wow! Those are some awesome and interesting looking dishes. Would love to give some of those a try.

Ann B said...

The food looks so delicious. I am not to sure about eating Squid Ink Rice. It does look really good. I am not a very adventurous eater.

Lynndee said...

You just made me So hungry. The food looks enticing! I've never been to a French restaurant, but there's one here that I've been wanting to try.

HilLesha O'Nan said...

Wow, how delicious! Everything that you featured looks scrumptious in every sense of the the word.

Stephanie Pass said...

Wow French-Japanese fusion sounds fascinating. I would love to visit a place like this. The pictures look amazing!

Joely Smith said...

You had me at creamy! I love heavy french creamy foods! The Japanese French fusion sounds interesting and delicious! I am also a lover of wines and always try going for a dinner / wine paring when possible! I love your curious nature - I am the same.
I think my favorite photo other than the french onion soup which looks dreamy is the Foie Gras Mac & Cheese OMG yum!

Jennifer Clay said...

The food looks really good! It looks like this was a fun place to eat!

Bradley Finnearty said...

This sounds like a very interesting and nice place to eat. Would love to go there sometime. Thanks for this.

mail4rosey said...

Everything looks good to me. You sold me at classic pancake though. Those are delicious.

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

waaah, my mouth is watering while reading you post! I better head to le Petite souffle soon.