25 January, 2016

Lucky 25. #VisitSingapore #SingaporeInvites

In my November 2015 post, The Build Up of Anticipation, I made a big reveal about a photo contest that I participated in. If we're friends in Facebook, you already know what I'm talking about.Ü Over 2 months ago, I submitted an entry to Singapore Invites. This, by the way, is the first photo contest that I ever joined. If you're one of the lovelies that I asked to help me out with the blue heart, thank you — bloggers unite! Well guess what? Someone's getting ready to do her happy dance again. I got super lucky!

Participants were from different parts of the world and each one shared a photo plus a caption that best capture and describe the Singapore experience with a reunion that they would want to share with family, loved ones, or friends. Words aren't enough to describe how excited I am. I have been to Singapore, but there many things about this country that I have to yet to discover. I am beyond thrilled that I won and I am counting the days until my friends and I fly out for our SG gastro-adventures.

Singapore Invites Winners

My friends have not stopped thinking about where we think they'd take us. Would it be dining with a view from one of SG's skyscrapers? Or would it be something with a bit of Singapore's night scene? I can go on all day with my my would it be's. I know. I know. I'm stopping right now.Ü The last time I was in Singapore was in 2014 with friends from Brunei and Malaysia. They were gamers who met with SG gamers. Cool, huh? We stayed in the bustling and busy but very Russ-friendly district of Orchard. I liked that this area was accessible, was close to a lot of malls with tons of nice dining options. The guys also took me to my first-ever hawker experience — I forgot where it was but it wasn't in Orchard.

One of the highlights of this trip for me was catching up with some of my high school friends who are now based in the Lion City. It was such a delight to hang with them. We have not gone out in ages so it was super fun spending an evening of awesome food and experiencing a bit of the city life in Singapore. They took me to Clarke Quay to try the Craft Beer at Brewerkz, which a pilot friend of ours frequent each time he flies to Singapore. Then, another friend of mine was such an angel and was kind enough to grant my request to see Bugis. I was curious of what I'd see here because of a mini foodie place that I used to go to in PH. It was called Bugis Singaporean Street Food and each time I'd check-in on Foursquare, people always told me to have a blast in SG. Lol.



I am a little skittish but I know that we will be in good hands.Ü If you are curious about my entry, it's still  here . I have 15 minutes left for lunch which means that I need to head out now to grab something to munch. Stay tuned for stories of our adventures and lots of Singapore food photos in the next couple of weeks. This is going to be a different ( in various levels of beautiful ) travel experience for me. Singapore, I'm excited to see you soon!

Have you been to Singapore? If you had the chance to join the SingaporeInvites contest, what Singapore experience would you like to share with your loved ones?  ☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Spreading' the Travel Vibes. RUSS.

60 comments:

Rochkirstin Santos said...

Wow, so many people from all parts of the world especially in Asia have submitted entries. I can't understand those written in Korea though so I think entries written in English have better advantage. Traveling and food tripping in SG is really fun!

Elizabeth O. said...

Holy cow! Congratulations! What an awesome opportunity for you and your friends. I hope you have fun and don't forget to take lots of pictures.

lee rosales said...

Congrats on winning. Been in SG back in 2002 and SG has gone so much developments till to this year 2016. I cant wait to go back in SG.

PJ Zafra said...

I've never been to Singapore but that's a place I've always wanted to visit. There's something about that place that just draws you and makes you want to go on a journey. lol Thanks for sharing. Keep it up!

Kai Darul said...

wow. congratulations. <3 you deserve it. make sure to blog about your Singapore trip.

Franc said...

I'm in Singapore at least once a year. This is a nice initiative to pool experience in Singapore and I have a lot of good memories in Singapore.

Bhushavali N said...

Hey Congrats!!! So happy for you... Looking forward for your food adventures now... :)

Fred Hawson said...

Congratulations on winning. Had I known about this promo, I would have certainly shared that time that I went to Singapore for less than 24 hours just to catch the concert of the Eagles held there a few years back. :-)

Phylicia Marie said...

Congrats!! does your prize include pocket money, aside from airfare and accomodations? Food in SG is soooo good, I recommend going to the Old Airport Hawker Center for great grub!

Erica Villas said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations! Wishing you a grand time in Singapore!

Shivansh Chaudhary said...

I'm loving your food pictures and am looking forward to the upcoming pictures form Singapore!

Maerose SemeƱa said...

Wow! Super lucky you! Congratulations! I've never been in Singapore, actually, never been to anywhere in Asia except for the Philippines. I'm excited for you and your friends. Is it an all expense paid trip?

yvonnembertoldo said...

So lucky! I'll be waiting for your posts on this awesome adventure! Have fun and enjoy the experience :)

Masshole Mommy said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome that you won! You are going to have an amazing time in Singapore!

Jenn @ EngineerMommy said...

I would love to visit Singapore! It sounds like there is so much to see and do there! I can't wait to travel more!

Fatemah Sajwani said...

congrats to all the winners. The invite looks so interesting, I wish I could visit Singapore.

Aishwarya Shenolikar said...

Congratulations! It must be thrilling! I've never been to Singapore but sure plan to! :)

Heather Jones said...

It sounds like you really had fun with this challenge. I definitely would love the eating Singapore food part. Hope you get to experience more of it all.

Tisha Jagz said...

I love Singapore! I have been there like a couple of times. A fast pace life in a small multicultural city. Congratulations on the win!

Amanda Simkin said...

Wow, you are one lucky lady! Can't wait to see all of your social media posts about your Singapore adventures. Safe travels!

Pam said...

Wow! What a fun experience this will be! I've never been to Singapore but it's on my bucket list!

Parent Palace said...

Wow, what an awesome win! I have never traveled to Asia but it is definitely on my bucket list!

Michelle said...

How fun and amazing is that? Congrats on winning. Singapore is somewhere I've never been, but it's definitely on a bucket list. Enjoy your time with your friends!

Sarh Snarski said...

Wow, I bet Singapore will be a great place to visit. I can't imagine I'd eat much of their food though.

Deb Clem-Buckert said...

Such a cool contest. I'd love to visit Singapore one of these days!

Ryan Escat said...

Congrats! I've never been in Singapore but I would love to. Just glad that you had fun there.

Terri Beavers said...

Oh my goodness, what fun and congratulations. I'll be watching for your photos and tales of adventure.

Heather Lawrence said...

Maybe one day I will get a chance to visit Singapore... I hear it's absolutely beautiful!
We have travelled mainly in North America so another continent would be wonderful to visit!
Just have to save those pennies so it's affordable!!

Heather Lawrence said...

I have never been outside of North America so I have to say that I am a wee bit jealous!
I hear that Singapore is beautiful...enjoy your trip!
Make sure to take lots of photos while your there!!

Rebecca Swenor said...

Congrats on your win indeed which sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to visit Singapore one day. It will be interesting to find out what photos and tales you will have for us. Thanks for sharing you win.

Tiany said...

Amazing, would love to visit and try the food!

Jia said...

Awesome!! I've been to Singapore twice but both very short trips! Loved it there, look forward to going back sometime. :)

Marielle Altenor said...

Must be fun to enter a photo challenge such a this. I hope one day I can visit Singapore and experience all the wonderful things there!

Hannah Adkins said...

Wow thats so awesome that you won! Congrats! I hope that you and your friends have an awesome time on your adventure! :D

Amy Stenehjem-Kelsch said...

Wow! This is fantastic. Congratulations! You will have a wonderful time. Looking forward to more fun pictures.

A GAL NEEDS said...

Congrats on your amazing win and trip to Singapore! I'd love to go there someday. But first I need to visit Paris!

John Paul Quiambao said...

singapore is in my wish list. hope to visit it soon. thanks for this short travel post i have an idea about now. :)

Jeannette said...

Congrats on winning! I have never been there it is one of the places I have on my travel bucket list! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Liz Mays said...

How exciting! This will be such an amazing experience for you. Singapore sounds so cool!

Travel Blogger said...

I have not been to Singapore...not yet. But it is on my list. I would love to go. You are so lucky!

The Choosy Mommy said...

Holy moly! That is sooooooooooo cool that you won! I have never been to Singapore but it looks like a really nice place to visit. I hope you have a great time.

Rebecca Miller said...

Congrat and enjoy your trip to Singapore!! I can't to read all about it and check out the awesome pics!!

Brittany Bly said...

That's so awesome that you won! And it was your first contest?! Congratulations.
http://popshopamerica.com/

Six Time Mommy TEST said...

Wow that is really neat. So many winners from all over the place. Very cool! Congrats! - Jeanine

Ourfamilyworld said...

Wow, congratulations! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in SG.

Eugenia said...

Congratulations! I’m very happy for you!!! I haven’t been to Singapore, so I am looking forward to reading your next post:-) Have a nice trip!

Michelle Gwynn Jones said...

Wow, congrats, that's very exciting. Have a great adventure.

KRISTINA PACHE said...

Very awesome and congratulations on the win! I've never been to singapore but I'm sure it will be lovely and a great experience! Excited to see photos! Have a blast!

Ann B said...

Congratulations!! You must be thrilled to be going with your friends. I can not wait to read all about it.

Rachel @ Parenthood Highs and Lows said...

Wow - congratulations! Enjoy your trip - I look forward to coming back soon and reading all about it

JOJO VITO said...

Congratulations fro winning...enjoy your trip. SG is one of my favorite country to visit :)

Stephanie Pass said...

How awesome that you won!! Congratulations! I have never been to Singapore. I hope it's an awesome experience.

Chloe Marchant said...

How fun! That must be awesome. Enjoy your self. It's gonna be awesome!

Ron Leyba said...

Haven't been to Singapore. Enjoy your trip!

MyTeenGuide said...

You are so lucky. Congrats on winning. Singapore is a lovely city.

Krystle Cook said...

Congrats on winning! That must of felt great. I hope you have a fab time!! Singapore will be awesome!!!

Melissa Bernardo said...

Congrats on an awesome win! Singapore sounds fun. Please post photos!

Amber Knox said...

Awesome congrats on your win! I've never been to Singapore. I hope you and your friends have a wonderful time. It sounds amazing.

Bismah Abdelgawad said...

Huge congratulations for you! I am sure you will have lots of fun and adventure in Singapore. Enjoy your trip!

Katherine Phillips said...

Congratulations! I hope that you have a great time on your trip.