A month before my 23rd ( again ) birthday — I am sore all over from boxing Friday evening. That session drained every bit of energy in me! I have not had a workout that intense in months. Do I hate it? Hell no. I'm all for enjoying the experience. Elders say that you've got to live like you mean it. They say that you're trying to figure out how to make decisions, you should ask yourself, "What would I do if I only had six months to live?" And whatever your answer is, that is how you should be living now. Who knows? Maybe you or I really do have just six months. Life is too short.
My maternal grandmother would always tell me that I should invest more experiences that will have an impact in my life and not on materials things. She'd often give me casual reminders like, "You cannot take possessions to the grave.” Somewhat connected to this, a former boss always told me that I should make impractical decisions ( once in a while ) during my youth. That means that I have to risk all that daring energy that I have to learn and grow more. I come across a lot of tweets and posts that there is power in positive thinking, not fear. If you think about it, experimenting may be the only way to live. Try this, try that. Find what works. Be willing to leave behind those that do not work, much sooner.
![]()
The now is the perfect time to commit to living like I really mean it. Today, I feel that I am a more compassionate and happier with a stronger version of myself. I'm this little ball of energy with every bit of intention to create more meaningful experiences, to take risks, to travel more, to love myself more, and to surrender whatever it is that no longer works instead of thinking of it as a handy tool. I should go back to doing things that I love.
Peace + ❥ Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.
My maternal grandmother would always tell me that I should invest more experiences that will have an impact in my life and not on materials things. She'd often give me casual reminders like, "You cannot take possessions to the grave.” Somewhat connected to this, a former boss always told me that I should make impractical decisions ( once in a while ) during my youth. That means that I have to risk all that daring energy that I have to learn and grow more. I come across a lot of tweets and posts that there is power in positive thinking, not fear. If you think about it, experimenting may be the only way to live. Try this, try that. Find what works. Be willing to leave behind those that do not work, much sooner.
The now is the perfect time to commit to living like I really mean it. Today, I feel that I am a more compassionate and happier with a stronger version of myself. I'm this little ball of energy with every bit of intention to create more meaningful experiences, to take risks, to travel more, to love myself more, and to surrender whatever it is that no longer works instead of thinking of it as a handy tool. I should go back to doing things that I love.
Peace + ❥ Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.