Last 30-April was the birthday of a good friend and I was invited, together with other folks to celebrate with him over dinner. I usually do this preparation of some sort whenever I know that my day won't be typical — meaning I won't have my usual meals because of an event, a party, or get-together. Calorie Management is one of the things I religiously do ever since my thyroid was removed in 2008.
That Wednesday in April was Calorie Management Day. I went to the Korean coffee shop in my building during lunch and I purposely did not get my usuals: Brewed Coffee, Scrambled Eggs, and German Franks. I was planning to get their chicken soup, but was told that they no longer serve it so I ended up ordering a Caesar Salad.
The Big Letdown: I ordered a Caesar Salad and what I got was a plate full of ... er, wilted leaves with supermarket Parmesan Cheese, some dressing that was too salty, and 5 pieces of olives ( which I don't eat ). It was disappointing. It was disappointing. It was disappointing :(
That Wednesday in April was Calorie Management Day. I went to the Korean coffee shop in my building during lunch and I purposely did not get my usuals: Brewed Coffee, Scrambled Eggs, and German Franks. I was planning to get their chicken soup, but was told that they no longer serve it so I ended up ordering a Caesar Salad.
The Big Letdown: I ordered a Caesar Salad and what I got was a plate full of ... er, wilted leaves with supermarket Parmesan Cheese, some dressing that was too salty, and 5 pieces of olives ( which I don't eat ). It was disappointing. It was disappointing. It was disappointing :(
I was given a Caesar Salad that looked like it had anemia :(
I was expecting something like this. || Image Credit: Taste.Com.Au
I've learned my lesson ....
When in doubt, order stuff that you've already tried. Experiment if you must, but experiment with caution so you don't get disappointed.
I'm never getting a Caesar Salad from the Korean coffee shop in my building. That will be my first and last. ☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.
When in doubt, order stuff that you've already tried. Experiment if you must, but experiment with caution so you don't get disappointed.
I'm never getting a Caesar Salad from the Korean coffee shop in my building. That will be my first and last. ☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.
20 comments:
omg. that looks delicious!! and btw I like caesar salad too ;) xx
I am always weary of ordering new stuff for that reason alone. second one looks amazing!
I usually always order "the usual" when going out to eat. I am too cheap to experiment and I go out to eat rarely. -Paula Parker
wow... this is delicious.
I cannot stand that.. When i order something and expect something totally different..
It's really best having Caesar salad with fresh and crisp veggies and not like this.
That was really far from a good salad! I hate when that kind of thing happens!
I love Caesar salad too. What a huge disappointment. I have never seen one served with the regular powdered Parmesan.
Michelle F>
My favorite kind of salad--looks so good!
My favorite kind of salad--looks so good!
Sorry you did not get what you wanted. You can always try and make one for yourself.
That does look tasty. My second oldest likes a CS above any other kind and sometimes eats JUST that for dinner. :)
I would have told the manager something or send that Salad back.
I had a salad delivered to like that once and I fa-reaked out! What is wrong with people???
I love Caesar salad. It is one of my favourite things to eat....yum!
I really wish salads were all universally awesome
That looks disgusting. I would have been so mad. Thanks for sharing. I usually order what I have had before.
Oh goodness, I would have been soooo UPSET!!!! I absolutely hate when something like this happens!!
Oh no! Why the heck did they put olives in it!
Ha Ha this is my story LOL, I went to an Indian restaurant and ordered the same, it came on an iceberg with a tomato and a large white onion. We still joke about it!
Post a Comment