09 February, 2015

Carpe Diem: February 2015

Hello February
Photo Credit: Anne Marthe Widvey

February has always been one of my favorite months ( the other one is December ). For one, it is cupid's month and I love how the whole world would put a lot of effort in one of the most celebrated Hallmark occasions, Valentine's Day. Back in college, high school, and grade school it was one of the months that we all looked forward to. Girls usually receive a lot of presents from boys who secretly have a crush on them. It's both cute and fun seeing all the boys in school walk down the hallways with a huge bouquet of flowers. Sometimes, they really go out of their way and the girls serenaded in class! Yup, we had all these gimmicks in school. It usually runs for a week and the culminating activity is a Valentine concert. Aww. I wonder if these are still being done in schools. Anyhoos, aside from February being the month of my favorite color — red, I <3 this month to bits because ...

1.  February is my birthday month. And, I'm turning 23 ( again ) this year.
2.  It's short and we usually have 1 holiday during this time. If we get lucky and Chinese New Year is in February, we get 2.
3.  Also, this month always makes me feel closer to one of my #1 favorite season: SUMMER.
4.  I usually go on a trip in February. It's sort of become a personal tradition that I've been doing for years.
5.  There are times when Chinese New Year falls on this month. I'm not Chinese, but I like to celebrate CNY.




Gone Girl
Image Source: Movie Pilot


My Favorite Blog This Month: Paroles de la Vie ( www.childish-paroles.com )
I got to know Sin from one of the blog groups I joined. She's a Malaysian blogger and she writes about all the coolest restaurants to try in Malaysia as well as skin care products that we women would surely want to try. If you have some extra net time after reading this, please give Sin some love and head over to her blog.

What I'm Reading
I'm bad. I promised to read the book first before watching the movie but what was I to do? My brother comes home one night and raves about Gone Girl and practically commands me to watch it a-sap. He rarely makes recommendations so the movie must have totally blown him away. Yup, I am reading Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl right now. I'm also doing a lot of reading about Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur. You guys will know why :)

What I'm Watching
I am still loving Supernatural. The new season has started and I've seen four, sobrang bitin! I'm waiting for them to finish the rest of the episodes. For me, Dean Winchester is still the more adorable Winchester brother.



Kuala Lumpur, see you soon!
Image Source: Website


What I'm Eating
It's all about healthier options.Ü I'm happy to share with everyone that I've been doing good with my food choices. About 97% of the time, my meals are not friend. I have not had pork as well for over a month. Overall, I feel great! I'm still enrolled in a meal program simply because I find it working for me.

What I'm Drinking
I'm such a good girl. I've not been drinking soda and my coffee intake has been reduced from 1-2 cups per day to 1-2 cups per week. I never planned to not drink coffee, but it just kind of happened when I signed up for my meal program which provides me with organic decaffeinated tea and fresh strawberry juice every day. There's actually no room for coffee.

What's Making Me Smile Right Now
I'm set to fly out in a few days and will be in Kuala Lumpur! I'm celebrating my birthday in Malaysia.Ü I think it will also be cool to witness how others celebrate Valentine's Day. I'm pretty glad that I won't be in Manila for Valentine's Day traffic. Guys, I'm not being mean — it's the truth. Going back to the KL trip ... I'm meeting up with one of my good friends from way back our Human Pets days, Cindy and one of my favorite ates who also happens to be one of the most creative gals I know, Ate Carrie. P and I are also hoping to have a mini get-together with Battle Camp friends. It's a secret life that we have, lol.




Yup, I am excited. I am already counting the days til my mini-vacation. I have not had one since my trip to Japan last year and KL is the first one in my 2015 plans. I'm still working on that solo travel I was planning to do this year. It was supposed to be in KL, but since P is going with me, I need to pick another city and country. Suggestions are more than welcome :)

It's my turn to ask. Are you doing anything extra special in the month of hearts? Where will you and your special someone spend Valentine's Day?  ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


45 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

So far February hasn't been that great here in Boston. We have gotten hit with snow really bad and there is no end in site. We're running out of room to put it all.

Jeanine said...

I'm not sure if I will do anything special! But, It's one of my fave months too. We just had our 8th wedding anniversary yesterday! Had a great date night!

Cherri Megasko said...

This post took me back to my middle school and high school days as well. I remember once in high school getting a piece of jewelry from a secret admirer. I loved it and wore it all the time, although I didn't find out until a few years later who had given it to me. I still smile when I think about him!

Kung Phoo said...

Like you i am about the healthy options.. in 30 days i lost about 6/7lbs so heres to being healthy!

Ben Butler said...

February's been a good month for me so far. I can't wait to see what the rest of the month has in store for me.

spiffykerms said...

There are some hunky characters in that Supernatural tv show. Swoon! How are you liking it?

CourtneyLynne said...

Ahhhhhh glad you are a February lover lol... Myself ughhhh.... Living in WNY its that month I wish I could fast forward so we can just get to spring ;-)

Lisa Codina said...

I love this idea for a post! I need to share more personal info like this. On a side note, I'm dying to read that book!

JackieJacks said...

Happy 23rd bday...again! LOL :)I have always wanted to go to Japan! That must have been so amazing. I hope you get back there soon :)

Carmen Perez said...

I am not doing anything special but my parents will be celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day, and that's pretty special!

Xtreme Qpon - Angela Christopher said...

Ow, advance Happy birthday to you I hope this coming your birthday would be fun and enjoying. I've read your favorite blog too, its really nice and I had a great time to read that. You're very nice girl!

Donna L. Ward said...

I like the way you have your post sharing! Great idea -
Years ago I started watching Supernatural and thought it was to scary - then I shared with my husband and we both are hooked for the longest time now! Fun!

Nina Say said...

Good job on limiting your coffee intake. That is something I seriously need to work on.

Erin said...

Oh Gone Girl. The book that made me want to throw it out the window at the end. Just wait... you'll see. lol.

Liz Mays said...

I always wondered what it would be like to be on a meal program. It's really cool that it helped you reduce coffee intake!!

Elizabeth O. said...

We have work that day, so we’ll have an early Valentine’s! I’m planning something special!

Rochkirstin Santos said...


What meal program are you taking? How has it benefited your health or lifestyle so far? It's great that you don't take acidic drinks with caffeine.

Shaney Vijendranath said...

Congrats on turning 23 again. ;) Hehe I'm so jealous, I want to travel too! I've got the itchy feet and your post just made it worse. :( Safe travels and enjoy for me too!

Lauren Richardson said...

This is such a fun post! I love that you celebrate Chinese New Year! It's a fun holiday!

onceuponamaritime said...

I remember going to an early screening of Gone Girl, it is such a intense movie; loved it tons! The book must be just as amazing or even better!

Lynndee said...

This month is very special in our household too because aside from V-day, we also celebrate our wedding anniversary and hubby's birthday. Have a great time in KL. Have you been to Gensan? Go visit my hometown and maybe meet Manny Pacquiao. :) If not, just enjoy the tuna. :)

Chrystal Mahan said...

We use Valentine's Day as an excuse to dump our responsibilities and do a little traveling. We don't go far from home, just in-state and only for a few days. But it is nice to recharge the batteries for a little while.

mail4rosey said...

If a meal plan works, it's definitely smart to keep it. I would too. :)

Margarita Ibbott said...

I hope you enjoy your birthday. You've been good so you can have more fun in Kuala Lumpur.

Stephanie C. said...

I'm on a meal program too! I find it so much easier too! What kind are you on? Happy travels!

Katarina Kovcin said...

Well, I turned 24 (again) this year! Congrats! :) I love your post and your list.

Diane Sullivan said...

I love the month of February! It's the month I got engaged, Val Day and my son's bday month! He's the 26th! Can't wait to celebrate all month long.

Sara-Jayne Jones said...

23 again? You don't look a day over 22! Ha ha ha... I have two Valentine boys and so it's birthday month for us instead. I'm with you on the reduced coffee - but then I have ran out!

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

I had my early Vday so on that day.. going on a trip to a spiritual place haha!

Liz Martin said...

Russ Dean Winchester is also my favorite Winchester brother! i love Supernatural! :-D

Sumi Go said...

I actually feel the opposite about February. I don't really like it because it only has 28/29 days. Makes me feel like I have less time to get things done. Haha!

Anyway, you've probably been to KL already, and have celebrated your birthday... But let me still wish you a happy happy birthday! :) Hope you had a great time in KL!

Maria Marilyn Madrid said...

Is that book Gone Girl the same as the plot for the movie with the same title? Looks interesting.

eLaNaKcL said...

Happy belated birthday to you! Hope you enjoyed your trip to Kuala Lumpur :D

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

Hey babe, try Singapore!
Singapore's small, accessible and safe! It's a great place because I'm here too! hahaha... we can meet up if you ever come here!

Mia Foo said...

How do you celebrate cny? Do you go visiting at your Chinese friends' houses and collect red packets and eat yummy snacks like us too?

May De Jesus-Palacpac said...

I'm sure there's still so much in the book (Gone girl) that you haven't seen in the movie. Loved that movie, though, heehee.

Sunshine Kelly said...

First of all, welcome to Malaysia; the land of multi culture and ethnics. I hope you will have a great time during your holiday. Yes! february is also one of my favourite months with Valentine, CNY and shorter month.

Raymond Vasquez said...

I had an article submitted last February, got the 3 books I've been looking for and pre-ordered and yeah, I did finish several things, reports specially! A fantastic month for me.

Don Martins said...

Wow! You've got a lot of impressive scheduling. I'm kinda resisting asking to tag along in your travelling. You're going places I'll love to go. I seem to have a busy february but nothing valentine related.

Sim @ SimsLife.co.uk said...

Awww so many lovely things happening for you this month! Hope you have a fantastic birthday and celebrate in style! :) Sim x

Franc said...

Your favorite month is February, mine is March for the same reason. I hope your mini vacation went well.

Phylicia Marie Pineda said...

happy birthday to both of us! I was born in feb as well, and like you, love this month for being the month of love!! I haven't read Gone Girl yet, but I'm planning to once I get some spare time.

Vanessa said...

Childish Paroles is indeed a great blog that I am regularly visiting as well, but I am also a regular reader of your blog and I love your travel stories!

papaleng said...

Happy Birthday to you dear, hope you have a good time in Malaysia. you have given me a good idea to try. So you choose a fave blog each month, hope my blog would caught your attention. just kidding.

Karen said...

Belated happy birthday to you! Your still young, enjoy life and always seize the day!