18 May, 2013

Battle Plan: Slowly, but surely.

I was reunited with My Fitness Pal last April. Based on my current lifestyle, My Fitness Pal recommends that I have 1,200 calories net per day. I am back to doing a lot of good Math with calories in and calories out. I am excited that it is starting to feel like 2011. It was also around this time that I started this self-mandated back to super healthy living which I called Project NO MORE Excuses. I gradually prepared my mind and my body with this lifestyle change. • [ Read older post. ] 

 Confession.  I wasn't the healthiest these past months and I wish I gave more effort to it that's why it makes me sad that some people feel that this is just a desperation move. Really? Are you kidding me? That unsolicited advice was totally inappropriate. I am neither categorically super skinny nor am I overweight. I just want to be healthier overall. Loving yourself more and wanting to be healthier will never be something done out of desperation, right? And so it amuses me how a random conversation make other people feel like they know me so well.

I cannot fully commit ( yet ) to regular workouts, but I make it a point to do so when my schedule is not wild. To put some balance there, I have been working on sleeping early and getting enough zzZzz hours ( it helps that I have finished all seasons of One Tree Hill ) + eating right, which means I have to ditch junk food. Dealing with unnecessary stress without ruining my day and treating my skin well have been helping, too. The goal is to enjoy life a whole lot more and not care about what others think. I want to feel better not just on the outside, but also on the inside. So even if this is a personal blog, I intend to share my learnings and discoveries including things, products, workouts, and routines that work for me and I hope that I would be able to inspire others in my own little ways. For starters ....

» I am down to just one (1) cup of rice or less per day.
» I have been clean because I have not had a drop of soda since 01-JAN of this year.
» I have put cardio training back into my life; I hope to make it a routine soon.

My friends in Twitter and Instagram know that I have been enjoying Sexy Chef's's Dine Lite & Health Bar munchies ( Gracias NFD for telling me about their meals ). And as if everything has been planned for me, I discover Juju Cleanse and Juju Eats. I'm set to do a Level-2 Juju Cleanse Program one of these coming weekends. I made sure to try all Juju Cleanse drinks first. So far, so good. Their Red Giant though almost makes me feel like I'm going to die. I hate its after taste, but hey, this is Project NO MORE Excuses right? All I am praying for right now is to get even just one weekend next month that is not too chaotic. Most important of 'em all, I don't jump into whatever fad diet there is. I've come to know and understand my body. I'm not like everyone else. Aside from the usual struggle, I get an extra load and need to work harder especially after my thyroid condition.



Weigh-In
We had our Annual Physical Exam ( APE ) in the office  and stepping on the scale brought good news with *drumroll please* 7.7 pounds ( happy dance ) gone and with me on this victory are: Sexy Chef, Juju Cleanse, Juju Eats, Nestle Fitnesse Almond Clusters, and these non-fat milks from Magnolia, and Cowhead. They are all lifesavers especially for super busy girls like me. ☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.



The Battle Plan Series
» No Excuses


Image Credit: @HannaGracyB



20 comments:

lee rosales said...

Its not easy to be on a calorie count diet. Ive tried this for 1 week. Goodluck on your diet sis

Claire Marie Algarme said...

Now I feel guilty because I don't workout and I don't watch what I eat. I'll try some of the pointers I have picked up from this post.

Rochkirstin Santos said...

Congratulations to losing that excess pounds! How many weeks did it take? I also know about Juju Eats but haven't tried their salad.

PJ Zafra said...

Great to see that you're committed to making a change. I myself have a tough time recently getting back in shape. It's hard to get some sweat when it's cold. More power to you. Take care

Jerwel De Perio said...

Less rice means we consume less calorie which in my personal opinion, is a good activity. I have been eating one cup of rice per day and I must say I am satisfied with the result.

Shubhada Bhide said...

Start with small goals as far as weight loss is concerned. That is what I believe. Your post is motivating me to do something about my own weight too.

Elizabeth O. said...

Switching to a healthier diet doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to lose weight or you think you're fat. I get that. Sometimes, it's really just you deciding that you would like to eat healthier food from now on. I hope it all goes well for you!

Sunshine Kelly said...

Keep it up and yes do it slowly but surely. This is a long term plan and if we determine we can achieve our goals. All the best to you.

Arisa Chow said...

Every step and effort counts babe! You are doing good with your fitness journey, so keep it up and stay right on track :)

Cheryl F. said...

I'm guilty for not working out. I have been trying to lose weight but because I'm breastfeeding my son, I find it difficult especially that feeding him makes me hungry more. Congrats and goodluck on your journey. I wish I can start mine soon too.

Mums Babies said...

Congratulations! I feel maintaining a healthy weight is most important to keep yourself fit and healthy with eating right and exercise.

George Felix said...

This a motivational in it's own way. I keep track of my eating habits and exercise.

Fred Hawson said...

I have never had problems with my weight or my tummy ever in my life. That is until this year began! Now I recognize that I should already watch what I eat. I guess our metabolism slows down as we get older.

Debarpan Mukherjee said...

I am a health conscious person and love to workout daily.Thank you very much for this wonderful post.

Mia Foo said...

i've skipped gym for weeks now! works been crazy and i really have no time (i work 6 days a week and Sunday are for catching up with friends and family). anyway, apart from cutting down the carbs (since you specifically mentioned rice), do keep an eye on your refined sugar intake (it's not all just in the sodas). many times the refined sugars are a lot worse than carbs. it's only until recently when i decided to really cut down on the sugars (not really because I wanna lose weight, but i'm sick running to the dentist due to toothaches) and i realised unhealthly amount of sugars are really just hiding in every single corner of our food!

Bhushavali N said...

Best wishes on maintaining your healthy lifestyle. I've reduced my food intake of late too!!!

Franc said...

I think deciding to be fit is a good start. Sleep is important and being conscious of what you eat also helps in being healthy.

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

Fitness is a long term, conscious effort to stay healthy! So do keep it up! Don't worry if there's time where you can't commit to regular workout! Make constant and consistent effort!

Raine Pal said...

Hope I can do your discipline attitude here. Now, that it is El NiƱo here in Mindanao, so hot..I am tempted to drink soft drinks...my bad :(

I am thirsty all the time, love to drink it!

Karen said...

Oh, I remember my own slowly but surely mantra but honestly I cannot commit myself 100 percent to stick into fitness lesson or diet plan. I only cut off from too much calorie intake when I was pregnant. It's hard when you love to eat. Really.