09 May, 2014

Food Trip: A Le Petit Cheri kind of morning

Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day. A nice, hearty fix in the morning puts me in a cheery mood that can last for hours. I love breakfast because it makes me happy and it's the meal that fuels the rest of my day. Then comes my extraordinary days when I require myself to have an extra special breakfast because of an event or a big presentation for work. These make me want to start my day with a bang. As odd as this sounds, my morning meal greatly affects the next 8 or x-hours of my day, the same way that my mood is affected by whatever it is that I'm reading in the morning. Yes friends, I had one of these mornings two weekends ago :)

I had an event scheduled far South and planned to have a heavy, happy morning meal. P suggested that we go try a new place at the Molito Lifestyle Center across Alabang Town Center. I badly wanted to go to Designer Blooms Cafe, but since I'm a regular at DBC, we checked other restaurants on this strip. Just when I was about to give up because most restos were still closed at 8:00AM, lo and behold, Le Petit Cheri, the establishment at the corner of this food ( and bike ) strip, was open.



Crepe Station

Bonjour!
I am giving them props for putting a great deal of effort in dressing up the place. Natural light that pours through the huge glass windows complements the Paris bistro-inspired interiors. I have always thought that these things could do wonders to make a dining experience extra good. After seeing all these, I had my expectations set.

It wasn't easy to pick just one dish for breakfast. It's a good problem, right? There were just so many to choose from. Their selection was a mix of French, American, and Filipino food and everything on their menu seemed delish! After minutes of trying to convince myself to not have any of the usuals that I always get, I ended up ordering Tapsilog ( Tapa + Sinangag + Itlog ). P ordered the same thing. Sadly, their 7-piece Tapsilog served with microwaved fried rice, failed to deliver :(

Admittedly, P and I weren't happy with the Tapsilog. Furthermore, we also got disappointed with the service. Our server would just put our plates on the table without considering where the coffee should be, etc. It felt like service on a shrug and we found it inappropriate for a place this elegant in a location as prime as Alabang. Obviously, there was a disconnect somewhere.


Saving Grace
Don't worry, that morning wasn't so crummy. Their Brewed Coffee and the Chocolate Truffle Cake that I got made up for the Tapsilog. For dessert, P went for one of their crepes. Poor guy sulked after a few bites and told me that for him, Cafe Breton still makes the best crepes.


Vitamin Coffee



P's Mango Crepe



My choco morning treat that kept me running all day.





Albeit the slightly so-so experience and P deciding not to come back, it can get a #happytummy post because my day did went well that Saturday. I plan to bring my Mom to Le Petit Cheri one Sunday morning for our brunch date. I would like to give the place another shot and explore the other stuff on their menu. Except for the Tapsilog, I think it may be worth giving a second chance.  ☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Good Vibes.RUSS.


★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆


✎  LE PETIT CHERI
  +63.917.5110138
  Unit 8, Molito Lifestyle Center, Madrigal Ave, Muntinlupa City

20 comments:

bxcrochet said...

Everything looks so good especially that mango crepe.

Michelle F>

Russ R. said...

MICHELLE
Except that they gotta work on that service :(

Franc said...

I hope you have a more pleasant dining experience on your next visit.

P Bishop said...

Thanks for sharing your breakfast. Totally yum! Have a great day!

Radhika parcha said...

Yummy Its ..and i like the way you presented ..i love vitamin coffe and mango crepe..
Thanks for sharing
Radhika parcha

Michelle Christopher said...

Your choco treat looks delicious! Too bad the service wasn't so great. I find that ruins the experience for me.

Scott said...

I would make the trek there too for that chocolate cake thing!

thriftybelow.com said...

I'm sorry it was a so-so experience, but the food looks beautiful!

Kung Phoo said...

I agree that breakfast is very important, and i always eat to get me moving! we have a few really good spots close to our house that we like to go on occasions..

Marie Cor Jauod said...

There food looks's good, but they really need to work on there customer service.

Rena McDaniel said...

Sounds like it might be worth a second chance. Sounds beautiful though good food and service are more important.

Liz Mays said...

Breakfast really does kickstart a day in the most positive way. That didn't sound odd to me at all.

Michelle Knopp said...

Well, this low carb girl is now drooling over those mango crepes. Yum. Hope you have a better experience next time.

Rebecca Swenor said...

Food looks good. At least not everything was bad. I always say if one thing goes right during the day you can't say you had a bad day.

Saad Ansari said...

P's Mango Crepe is the looking yum-yum. gotta' try it once I'm in town. Nice article!

Leira Pagaspas said...

Looks really yummy!!! Do they offer healthy options for people who have medical issues?

Joanna Sormunen said...

I'm not a breakfast person but I would definitely eat all this. How yummylicious!

Cheap Is The *New* Classy said...

I am loving all the natural light, too. That vitamin coffee sounds interesting.

Ian LLoyd FErnandEz said...

Breakfast is very important meal of the day. And thanks for sharing this post and the mango crepe.

Katherine Bartlett said...

These all look amazing!