31 July, 2014

These bad guys rock. 2014 Series Edition. \m/

I love villains more than I like heroes in movies, books, and even in series. Strange as this sounds, but I have always liked the wicked guys over the good ones. Yes, they never win in any story ( and probably they never will ) but they bring all the suspense, juice, conflicts, and heart-stopping moments that, well, um make the lead characters the heroes they're supposed to be. No matter how flawed they are, there is something fetching about these bad guys that help create the most memorable and beautiful stories.

Behind every strong and successful protagonist, is a compelling and effective antagonist that everyone hates but love at the same time — be it a human, immortal, or non-human. With that, I'd like you all to meet the twisted, evil, and wicked yet charming series characters that I have grown to love.

 Niklaus Michaelson, The Vampire Diaries 
"He is your first love. I intend to be your last. However long it takes." - Klaus to Caroline [ 04.23 ]

Klaus, is one of the most annoying characters in The Vampire Diaries but his character grows on you. This twisted yet gorgeous rascal who beats everyone up and never ceases to unleash hell on earth is one of my favorite immortals. He's strong, hot, intelligent, old school, and has this bloody sexy British accent. Yes, he's irritating, but he shows people that even villains can selflessly love someone. What's not to love about this guy, er hybrid?
Niklaus Michaelson is played by Joseph Morgan.

 Victoria Grayson, Revenge 
"You can spend your life being controlled by powerful men, or you can learn how to control them." [ 03.05 ]

Dubbed as "Queen of the Hamptons", Victoria Grayson is the perpetually elegant, fashionista, and powerful matriarch of the Graysons in one of the best series ever, Revenge. The only thing that I don't like about her is how she stops at nothing to break up Daniel ( her son ) and Emily. Setting my bias aside, her character is really like that of any mother who only wants the best for her children. Like all real-life moms, Victoria Grayson will do everything in her power, up to her last breath to protect her kids. Madeleine Stowe portrays Victoria Grayson in the series.

 Rollo, Vikings 
"Clamber, with a heart of steel. Cold is the ocean's spray ... and your death is on its way." [ 01.04 ]

Rollo is Ragnar Lothbrok's older brother in the Ireland-based series, Vikings. I just started watching this and not much has been divulged about Rollo, BUT I am more than certain that he will play a big part in making the series more interesting. He may not be a villain, but I think he is or will be one. My friends who watch the series are disgusted with Rollo, but not me. I like his brooding demeanor and his intense gaze. Clive Standen makes the fearsome Viking Rollo look both mysterious and cute.

 Cersei Lannister, Game of Thrones  
"The more people you love the weaker you are. You'll do things for them that you know you shouldn't do." [ 02.07 ]

Cersei, mother of Joffrey and daughter of Tywin Lannister, is despicable, but I really like her and her go-getter, no-BS attitude. She's complex, knows what she wants and most importantly, she knows how to get what she wants. She is not a good person, but she is a doting mother who will do anything for her children. She's cold and heartless and will not let anyone ( or any man ) tell her off. She's one strong, beautiful bad ass and Lena Heady does an awesome job at being Cersei Lannister.
 Crowley, Supernatural 
"You're good. But I'm Crowley." [ 09.23 ]

I started to like Supernatural again when they brought in Crowley aka King of Hell. Although Crowley is a sneaky, manipulative demon ( this is the part that I don't like ), there's still something charming and lovable about this character. He's witty, comes up with these funny nicknames for other Supernatural characters, has a good sense of humor, smart, and I think he's not really that bad. A lot of times, his good side shows and thanks to Mark Sheppard, Crowley is getting a lot of praises from people who watch Supernatural.

Now you guys know which series I dig and why I'm hooked.Ü
Parting words about the baddies from Agnes Repplier, "A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. We must triumph in his downfall, yet not barbarously nor with contempt, and the close of his career must be in harmony with all its previous development."

Who are your TV series villains that you can't help but love?
☮ Peace + ❥ Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.

35 comments:

Gabby OBrien said...

I loved the show Vikings! It is such a good series. I hope that there are many more seasons!

Stefany T said...

Victoria Grayson is a nasty one for sure! I haven't seen these other shows but I have to say that the "evil" ones certainly do make for good story lines.

samantha amberstone said...

My hubby is into those types of shows, i know they have a good plot but most of it is just blood and gore, just nit my cup of tea

Sharon Ruggieri said...

Believe me, you're not the only one who likes the bad guys! Thor is hot, but Loki is da bomb!

Danielle said...

I love Crowley I feel like he is a fence rider sometimes he is good and sometimes he is bad.

Ronda Ogilvie said...

I have to admit I'm a Hero fan, but that first villan...I'll watch him cause havoc any day!!

Risa Bledsoe said...

I am really out of it because I've never watched any of these shows. But often times a bad guy can make or break a show!

bxcrochet said...

Those are some great shows. I used to watch the Vampire Diaries. Reminds me to catch up on the ones I missed.

Michelle F>

Jessica Peeling said...

I love Victoria Grayson and Niklaus! Two of my favorite shows :)

Annemarie Leblanc said...

I like Crowley too, he's the king of hell, but he's great.

Maria Long said...

I dont always go for the bad guys but there is often a soft spot in my heart for the bad guy.

Ben Butler said...

Love this post. Some of my favorite characters in books, television, and movies are villains. My absolute favorite villain, bar non, is Crowley. He's just so hilariously bad.

Bonnie Gowen said...

I must be out the loop when it comes to Tv and movies, I have never heard of these people before. They sound cool though. =)

Kung Phoo said...

I do not watch those shows, but i do like villains.. they give that extra spice to the show.

themommyavenger.com said...

Got to love a good villain! I need to watch the shows you listed!

Angela Johnson said...

Not a fan of bad guys. It would be fun to check out though :)

Rachael Yerkes said...

For me it depends on the bad guy/villain. Love Klaus, hate Victoria. So I guess it is the story that determines it for me. Fun post.

Britney Mills said...

I've heard of a lot of these but never seen them. You can never go wrong with having a good bad guy!

mail4rosey said...

I don't know any of them, gah. I'm so out of date, I know!! They do sound good at being bad though. :)

Ann B said...

I love watching The Blacklist and Remington is my favourite character. He is bad but also sharp and witty.

Liz Mays said...

I think they're interesting because they're unpredictable. I totally see where you're coming from.

Kristen said...

awww. I dont think Victoria is the worst person on revenge :)

Liz Martin said...

i love Klaus, Cersei and Crowley too! Klaus is hot and I so like how he fell for Caroline! Cersei is manipulative and strong I like her! And Crowley, well he's a funny one! I like his witty comments!

Russ R. said...

LIZ
I also love how Klaus fell for Caroline. While I am barely half-way through S5 of The Vampire Diaries, the S4 is their best season ever. I'm biased though because of Damon & Elena + Klaus & Caroline.

April Decheine said...

I just started watching Game Of Thrones, it is so good! I too like the bad guys shows. Excited for all of my Netflix shows I can watch.

jaime lacson said...

Super Natural and Vampire Diaries

I like them like aswang, monster, elemental and spirits :v

blogmytuts

Ayesha said...

Dad-in-law suggested Vikings. I am so excited to watch this with hubby. Thanks for the line-up, we now know what series to watch after hihi

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

I am only familiar with Victoria Grayson and Cersei Lannister. I think I have to watch more series!

Sef Tiburcio said...

I am always an advocate of Good people. Moreover, I am not that familiar with Vikings. Will download the series to check what's with it.

Phylicia Marie Pineda said...

Victoria Grayson and Klaus really are characters I would love to hate the most! Without them though, the series would be flat.

Franc said...

I follow originals and kinda like the conflicted badass character of Klaus that has some innate goodness in some way.

OY HZ said...

Not familiar with this.. But there's a need for evil/bad characters usually for a good show!

April Perez said...

I don't follow any of these series but I do love TWD and Dexter (though it already ended).

Justin Vawter said...

I have always been in love with the anti heroes. I'm currently watching The Walking Dead and How To Get Away With Murder. You should check those out.

JOJO VITO said...

i dont watch these shows, but villains surely adds so much flavors :)