I love villains more than I like heroes in movies, books, and even in series. Strange as this sounds, but I have always liked the wicked guys over the good ones. Yes, they never win in any story ( and probably they never will ) but they bring all the suspense, juice, conflicts, and heart-stopping moments that, well, um make the lead characters the heroes they're supposed to be. No matter how flawed they are, there is something fetching about these bad guys that help create the most memorable and beautiful stories.
Behind every strong and successful protagonist, is a compelling and effective antagonist that everyone hates but love at the same time — be it a human, immortal, or non-human. With that, I'd like you all to meet the twisted, evil, and wicked yet charming series characters that I have grown to love.
Now you guys know which series I dig and why I'm hooked.Ü
Parting words about the baddies from Agnes Repplier, "A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. We must triumph in his downfall, yet not barbarously nor with contempt, and the close of his career must be in harmony with all its previous development."
Who are your TV series villains that you can't help but love?
☮ Peace + ❥ Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.
Behind every strong and successful protagonist, is a compelling and effective antagonist that everyone hates but love at the same time — be it a human, immortal, or non-human. With that, I'd like you all to meet the twisted, evil, and wicked yet charming series characters that I have grown to love.
Now you guys know which series I dig and why I'm hooked.Ü
Parting words about the baddies from Agnes Repplier, "A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. We must triumph in his downfall, yet not barbarously nor with contempt, and the close of his career must be in harmony with all its previous development."
Who are your TV series villains that you can't help but love?





35 comments:
I loved the show Vikings! It is such a good series. I hope that there are many more seasons!
Victoria Grayson is a nasty one for sure! I haven't seen these other shows but I have to say that the "evil" ones certainly do make for good story lines.
My hubby is into those types of shows, i know they have a good plot but most of it is just blood and gore, just nit my cup of tea
Believe me, you're not the only one who likes the bad guys! Thor is hot, but Loki is da bomb!
I love Crowley I feel like he is a fence rider sometimes he is good and sometimes he is bad.
I have to admit I'm a Hero fan, but that first villan...I'll watch him cause havoc any day!!
I am really out of it because I've never watched any of these shows. But often times a bad guy can make or break a show!
Those are some great shows. I used to watch the Vampire Diaries. Reminds me to catch up on the ones I missed.
Michelle F>
I love Victoria Grayson and Niklaus! Two of my favorite shows :)
I like Crowley too, he's the king of hell, but he's great.
I dont always go for the bad guys but there is often a soft spot in my heart for the bad guy.
Love this post. Some of my favorite characters in books, television, and movies are villains. My absolute favorite villain, bar non, is Crowley. He's just so hilariously bad.
I must be out the loop when it comes to Tv and movies, I have never heard of these people before. They sound cool though. =)
I do not watch those shows, but i do like villains.. they give that extra spice to the show.
Got to love a good villain! I need to watch the shows you listed!
Not a fan of bad guys. It would be fun to check out though :)
For me it depends on the bad guy/villain. Love Klaus, hate Victoria. So I guess it is the story that determines it for me. Fun post.
I've heard of a lot of these but never seen them. You can never go wrong with having a good bad guy!
I don't know any of them, gah. I'm so out of date, I know!! They do sound good at being bad though. :)
I love watching The Blacklist and Remington is my favourite character. He is bad but also sharp and witty.
I think they're interesting because they're unpredictable. I totally see where you're coming from.
awww. I dont think Victoria is the worst person on revenge :)
i love Klaus, Cersei and Crowley too! Klaus is hot and I so like how he fell for Caroline! Cersei is manipulative and strong I like her! And Crowley, well he's a funny one! I like his witty comments!
LIZ
I also love how Klaus fell for Caroline. While I am barely half-way through S5 of The Vampire Diaries, the S4 is their best season ever. I'm biased though because of Damon & Elena + Klaus & Caroline.
I just started watching Game Of Thrones, it is so good! I too like the bad guys shows. Excited for all of my Netflix shows I can watch.
Super Natural and Vampire Diaries
I like them like aswang, monster, elemental and spirits :v
blogmytuts
Dad-in-law suggested Vikings. I am so excited to watch this with hubby. Thanks for the line-up, we now know what series to watch after hihi
I am only familiar with Victoria Grayson and Cersei Lannister. I think I have to watch more series!
I am always an advocate of Good people. Moreover, I am not that familiar with Vikings. Will download the series to check what's with it.
Victoria Grayson and Klaus really are characters I would love to hate the most! Without them though, the series would be flat.
I follow originals and kinda like the conflicted badass character of Klaus that has some innate goodness in some way.
Not familiar with this.. But there's a need for evil/bad characters usually for a good show!
I don't follow any of these series but I do love TWD and Dexter (though it already ended).
I have always been in love with the anti heroes. I'm currently watching The Walking Dead and How To Get Away With Murder. You should check those out.
i dont watch these shows, but villains surely adds so much flavors :)
Post a Comment