09 November, 2014

Carpe Diem: November 2014


I instantly felt the Christmas vibe when I saw this beautiful display last Saturday at the Powerplant Mall.

I was much inspired by Alysia Casteel from My Domestic Dish's  A Moment In Me-Time  which came about from Kelly's ( A Lovely Life Indeed ) Ahora November post. I like it when other bloggers share a bit more of themselves and what other stuff they do aside from, well, blogging. And today, I start a new chapter in my blog for Carpe Diem. It is timely to start in November because this is my blog's anniversary month. [ Read: Starting Over Again ]

Carpe Diem is a popular phrase, which I'm sure we all know what it is. It's supposed to remind to still enjoy life and the small things that make a difference despite circumstances I can't control and don't agree with. It's been almost tough lately, with me feeling like I'm having a second wave of mid-life crisis. It sounds so high school, but yes, that happens.

November in Manila, is almost like Christmas. You'd hear Christmas songs everywhere and everyone starts to be in a better, nicer mood — one of the reasons why I love the holidays. At this time of the year, we have bazaars left and right and traffic just turns ugly. For instance, it took me 2 hours last Saturday to go home and the drive from Makati to my house is usually less than hour. It's crazy, but the mere Christmas vibe that we all get this early is something that I look forward to each year.







What am I reading?
I recently finished Colleen Hover's Ugly Love, but I chanced upon this article from one of our local broadsheets and it has made me one, happy Filipino. I immediately shared the article with P and told him that we should go on a trip to Palawan early next year. He's been there, but I haven't so I guess that's a work-in-progress now.

My favorite blog this month: East and Taste ( www.eastandtaste.com )
Everything on this blog is a visual treat about The Hamptons. I know, I know. I have been watching way too much Revenge. Although I'm not so sure if The Hamptons in the series and The Hamptons in East and Taste are the same. Nevertheless, it's always worth a visit. You'll love the restaurant reviews + snapshots of The Hamptons.

What I'm watching
Last week, I finished Season 5 of The Modern Family and Season 8 of One Tree Hill. I got hooked on both these series and have watched them over and over again. I know both of them are a little old school, but I like how positive I feel after watching an episode of either series. I'm way behind my series and in my efforts to catch up, I bought Season 1 of Gotham last Saturday. Has any of you seen Gotham?


Week 1 with Fitness Gourmet PH

What I'm eating
I signed up for Fitness Gourmet PH's 1,200 calorie per day meal program ( 5 days a week ) last 03-November and I am proud to say that I did not chicken out. Following that, I am happy to share that I was not even tempted to back out. I am now on my second week and I hope to see more changes in the next couple of days. My colleague introduced me to this program and surprisingly, she ditched on our second week. I've been telling friends that this program is more fun when it's done with someone. Well, it looks like I'm on my own now :)

What I'm drinking
I've been going for healthier choices since 01-November and that's a lot of water, green tea, and fresh juices except that on some days, I cheat with a half-a-can of Coke Light. I'm struggling a bit, but I am working on it.

What's making me smile right now?
Oooh, so many things! There's the 2-week break in December because our government has already declared 26-December a special holiday and that means, I need file my Vacation Leave on the 27th and 29th to cherish every single moment of this much-needed rest. I'm also excited about the trips that P and I are planning + this other trip that Cindy & I are supposed to do next year. Travel never fails to make my heart skip a beat.



It's going to be a very busy and crazy month for me. There's so much to do with so little time. That's about it for me. What about you? Anything planned or anything special this November?  ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.

25 comments:

Juliana RW said...

Nothing special for us in this November. I am watching Ressurrection season 2.

CourtneyLynne said...

Hahaha good to know! Nothing cool going on in these parts!! Just waiting for Thanksgiving so I can finally start my Christmas decor hehe ;-)

Jeanine said...

Not much planned here. We had our Thanksgiving last month and now it's just a wait for Christmas festivities!

Fiona said...

Sounds like November is quite a busy month for you. This month is my partner, brother and fathers birthday month so it's quite busy for us :)

Delia @ Happy Blogger Plaza said...

I love how you decided to document in your blog the great things you're doing and enjoying in November. I totally love Modern Family too and we watch it every week!

Cheap Is The *New* Classy said...

We went to a mall in a nearby city yesterday looking for Christmas decorations but they weren't all up yet. Hopefully soon. I am so in the Christmas spirit.

Heather Jones said...

I have started something cool with my five year old. We are writing what we are thankful for on little paper leaves and putting them up around my fireplace. This time of year can be stressful, but also a time to reflect and spend time with ones we love. Great post!

Andi said...

I like the idea of a gourmet meal coming to me, I get so tempted when I go out and try to make my own decisions this looks great! I love Modern Family, so funny!

Shaney Vijendranath said...

I'm so excited for Christmas! I'm already planning and shopping.

spiffykerms said...

In December we're getting three sets of visitors. So in November, I'm keeping the house as clean as possible, taking a lot of 'me' time. :)

Michele D said...

Love the holidays! Can't wait to start decorating.

Ann B said...

I have thought of trying a meal service. It would be nice to not have to think about what i have to make.

Yona Williams said...

My best friend got me hooked on Modern Family...I have to see it from Season 1 and go all the way up to catch up. I can't just start in the middle of a TV show ...and not know the full backstory.

Brianna Kreif said...

Thank you for sharing about yourself! I have never seen Gotham, I'll have to give it a watch and see what I think.

Stephanie Pass said...

We have a somewhat busy November. My teenage daughter is going to a camp to try out for a spot on a drum corp line. They are professional marching bands that tour for the whole summer. Then, she's performing at the Dallas Cowboy's football game halftime show for Thanksgiving here in the US.

Annemarie Leblanc said...

Sounds like an interesting diet plan, 1200 calories a day might be a little low for some people but it is a good start!

Mama to 5 said...

your last question says what makes me smile now - the answer is being able to stay at home with my kids. Time goes by so fast - it is a blessing to get to spend so much time withe them.

Erica Bodker said...

I'm starting a new healthy diet plan today actually and all the family is coming in town for Thanksgiving so i'm excited.

Elizabeth O. said...

Just planning Thanksgiving party. Trying out new recipes...

Melissa said...

I'm always down for some old school TV series! Actually, now I really want to watch the original 90210 or Melrose Place.

Rebecca Swenor said...

November is the month I was born and my birthday is today. I decided since I turned 46 today I would make a life change to only think positive and try to achieve goals I have set for myself as far as self worth goes. Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie Gowen said...

I guess the only thing we have going on this month is decorating for the holidays and having family over for Thanksgiving.

Jamie McG said...

I've been loving green tea lately too! Good luck with your 1,200 calorie plan - that sounds really hard!

Mrs. Mashed Up said...

Isn't it lovely to have vacation time??? I can't wait for mine. I also love that you said it is the blog you love this month. It seems that it rotates and changes for my often.

Amby Felix said...

Good luck with everything! I am spending my holiday dining out this year. We're doing something a bit different. :)