30 November, 2012

Happy and happier days ahead


I wanted to end this month on a very good note. I am thankful that today was not like my typical 'I cannot be bothered because I am doing this + this + this and that'. I am happy that my brother stayed home and we both got to spend a lot of time with our Mom.

#1
It's a holiday here in Manila, thank you Gat Andres Bonifacio. It is a surprise but at the same time a miracle that I get a rest day on a Friday. Mom did all her Church assignments in the morning and canceled all other appointments because both my brother and I are home. My dearest friends, that's what I call LOVE!


#2
My family, composed of my Mom + little big brother + Russ ( ME ), had lunch a long lunch & it was so much fun. It was just like when we were kids. When my brother and I started to both work, late lunches outside were some of the stuff we don't get to do often. I sometimes say that I hate it, but I don't think we can really complain about it. My brother and I belong to industries that are very demanding of one's time. Stressful — yes. But manageable. These are two industries that we have both embraced and have learned to love. We've been nothing but blessed because of the doors that have opened for us. Opportunities have been endless and we're both grateful for that.

The original plan was to have lunch at Acacia Hotel. But holy wow, that place can get packed. Acaci was almost like a can of sardines when we went there. It's good for business, but it did lose a bit of that charm that one usually looks for when you're in a hotel. Fortunately, we had other options. From Westgate, we drove to Northgate to see if it wasn't  Zion  in The Bellevue.

We got lucky. Everything was more relaxing at The Bellevue, as we expected. The usual 1-hour lunch stretched to 3.Ü Needless to say, Friday family lunch at The Bellevue Manila's CafĂ© d’ Asie has been wonderful and not harassing.


#3
I grabbed this one from my friend, PIE’s post in Facebook. I couldn't describe the first wave of feelings I got when I was reading it. In any case, this one brought me good vibes, I hope it does the same to you. If you're going through something right now, may this bring you comfort and give you hope. You may be on rough seas right now, but trust that it won't be always be like that. Goodnight!
Once you must fall in love with your best friend, ruining your friendship forever.
This will teach you who your true friends are, the fine line between friendship, and more.
Once you must fall in love with someone you believe to be perfect.
You will learn that no one is perfect, and that you should never be treated any less than you deserve.
And once you must fall in love with someone that is exactly like you.
This will teach you about who you are, and who you want to be.

And when you're through with all that,
You learn that the people who care about you the most are the ones that you hurt,
And the ones that hurt you are the ones that you needed the most.
But most of all, you learn that love is only a concept and is not something that can be defined.
It is different to each person that experiences it.
And you will learn to respect each and every person on this earth,
knowing that everyone only wants to be loved.




What makes you happy on normal, regular, usual days?
 ☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.

ZION  •  adj., { zahy-uhn }
This took inspiration from the movie, The Matrix. It is a barkada term that we use when we want to say a place is crowded.
It also suggests that we should leave now and look for a better venue.


45 comments:

Patrice Foster said...

Interesting topic i can think of a lot of things that make me happy but family seems to be dear to my heart. Great blog post.

Amanda Tempel said...

What a great thing to do - To share a few happy things. I sometimes, find it hard to stay positive, or take time to appreciate things. It's something I need to work on doing, and making time for.

Miranda Myrabev said...

What a lovely post that your friend shared, I could so relate. Glad you had nice lunch with your brother and mother

Chelsie Carr said...

Lovely thoughts! It sounds like you have a lot of great things going for you right now to bring joy into your life!

Jennifer Juro said...

Great topic! I have been reflecting on my life alot and realized how thankful for my family I am!

Lisa said...

My kids make me happy. Most days, that is. LOL

Christy Garrett said...

Spending quality time with my family always makes me happiest. I also get a ton of joy from out three dogs. They are a wonderful example of unconditional love. I try to model after them.

Shelley Polarbelle said...

What a wonderful time to spend with your family. Cherish it. It just goes too fast.

Heather Jones said...

I'm so glad you got in some quality family time. Its so important to stay connected these days and I'm not talking about technology. Glad you had a great lunch with them.

spiffykerms said...

I love that your Mom cancelled all her activities later on in the day to spend time with you guys. That's so special. I love being home with family.

Sherrie Bama said...

Sounds like it turned into an awesome and great day for you. I love spending time with family. It's hard to get all mine together. We are all in one state except my loving sister, nieces and great nephew. Wish we could get together. So glad that your day turned out great.

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

Now that's a wrap! I actually can't think of any since I am a happy person so it seemed normal - but my brother's wife gave birth today so.. it is a happy celebration we all look forward to! <3

Reichel Broussard said...

Love how you keep a running dialog of your life here. It's almost like a diary of sorts :) Great way to keep friends and family updated!

Rebecca Swenor said...

This is indeed a great post and question I do love what you found on your friends facebook. It is indeed the truth as I see it. I find that family is what makes me happy each day. Thanks for sharing.

Angelic Sinova said...

It's always important to focus on the good/happy moments going on in our lives. My family always makes me happy <3

Two Boys and a Hubby said...

I fell in love with my husband and then he became my best friend. We were never friends before maybe that is why it worked out.

Fred Hawson said...

That last thought you posted at the end was pretty sobering. We hurt the ones we most need. They are with us all the time and therefore we might treat them for granted.

Elizabeth O. said...

I love it when it's a Holiday in the middle of a busy month, one of the best feelings ever. Glad you had a wonderful time your family! That poem is so touching. Thank you for sharing it.

Franc said...

Long weekends are great chance to rest and have long lunches with family and just chill. The quote you got from your friend is also inspirational.

Mia Foo said...

sounds like that was some quality fun time spent with your beloved family! and seems like it was a blessing in disguise to have the originally planned hotel fully booked!

John Paul Quiambao said...

Ths is so inspiring.. I agree on this especially on the part that we should never be treated any less than what we deserve. :) that is just so striking

yvonnembertoldo said...

It is indeed very nice to have a staycation but it would be better if you are with your family. You deserve a break and seems like you enjoyed every moment of it :)

Claudette P. Esterine said...

I do hope you have a great December and look forward to similarly inspiring posts!

Michelle Mink said...

what makes me happy on a normal regular basis? working and spending time with my family & friends. i love long lunches too

Mom Knows Best said...

Glad you got to spend time with your brother. Happy days are ahead.

Masshole Mommy said...

Family is everything. Happy to hear you got to have lunch with your brother and mom! It's so nice to spend time with the ones we love.

Rachel Mouton said...

What a sweet and uplifting post! Thanks for sharing a little bit of your sunshine :)

igf. SARGAS said...

I really love holidays best chance to have some fun with our love ones and family.

tony greene said...

Sorry to hear about all of the pain you've endured.

Shaylee Anne said...

It's wonderful that you got to spend quality time with your family :)

Liz Mays said...

Time with family is the best! I think it's wonderful how your mom was able to drop everything and spend time with you both.

Shannon Peterson said...

I love when I'm able to spend great, quality time with my family!

MyTeenGuide said...

Good for you that you were able to spend time with your family. Family is very important. My always tells us that no matter how busy, we still need to spend time together.

Karina Ramos said...

I personally liked the facebook post of your friend. I think that's really true. Love how you're able to see how happy you are. Keep on having good vibes!

Ayesha said...

Yay for family bonding :) That's one thing I am missing. I have to check out the Bellevue. Sounds interesting! :)

Ayesha said...

Yay for family bonding :) Lucky you! It is priceless to see our loved ones smiling and enjoying. I have to check out the Bellevue, sounds interesting!

ana de jesus said...

I love family bonding it so much fun getting to know each other!

Kerri said...

SO great to focus on the positive things. I know it helps me and it makes me think of all the things I am grateful for.

Angela Milnes said...

This sounds like fun and nice you got to spend time with your mum.

Nicole Escat said...

Good for you, my family always makes me happy snd they're my inspiration.

Deal Match Maker said...

My family is my happiness.. and its very important to feel happy

mail4rosey said...

Spending time with family can be oh so nice. I'm glad you got to do that recently. And hurrah that your mom cancelled her appointments to be there too!

MyTeenGuide said...

What a wonderful time to spend with family. My family makes me happy.

Angie Church said...

quality family time is what keeps me going through the hard times in life whether it be work or circumstances when I can get the family together I simply love it

CourtneyLynne said...

It's crazy!!!! All my life I was like Ughh family -_- these days now that I'm older... Family is the mist important thing ever!