01 December, 2012

For those with broken hearts

This is probably random but if you're going through something right now, I hope these words from Shakespeare & Brooke Davis will make you see that it is not the end of the world. "'Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds.' When life gets hard, when things change, true love remains the same. I look at Nathan and Haley and some how I feel safer. I don't know if I can explain that, but they give me hope. And, I'm afraid say it out loud because maybe if life finds out it'll try to beat it out of them and that will be a shame. Because, we all can use a little hope sometimes, you know. That feeling that everything's going to be okay and that there's going to be someone there to help make sure of that. So, here's to Nathan and Haley, and here's to hope, and here's to a love that will not alter." ~ Brooke Davis, One Tree Hill

Move forward and live.
There may have been times when life isn't exactly a blast and there will be tough times ahead. Heartaches may pile one after the other, but you should always find it in your heart to be grateful for the events that happen in your life. Be grateful for all the love and support that you will get from family, friends, and strong women who will surely stand by you.

Be thankful for such friends because they are rare and are strong souls ... definitely not talking about contacts that set you up to the ladder of status. It's about real people who'd make even the tiniest bit of effort to make another person smile through a gesture of reaching out without any motive at all behind it. There will always be remarkable people who will stand by you and their good side glows; their kindness are fruits that you pick. Letting go and moving were never easy, but as the cliche goes, we are never given something that we cannot deal with. The time alone spent on this journey was crucial. On most days, it will be enough to know that there are true friends who got your back. And, if you need some extra double-strength, this one's for you.

My tears have been falling like rain, Precious Lord.And my heart feels so empty and sad.
I know that all things work together for good, even when they appear to be bad.
But when tragedy strikes, it is sometimes so hard for an imperfect mortal like me
to look past the curtains of sorrow and grief, to the vision You want me to see.
Somebody special was taken away and the world seems so silent and still.
There's a big empty space in my heart that only Your spirit can fill.
So rain down Your showers of love, Precious Lord. Wrap my soul in Your peaceful embrace.
Lift my spirits and shine in my heart, Precious Lord, with the light of Your glorious face.
Just fill every void in my being, Dear Lord. Wrap my soul with Your spirit anew
til there's no room for sorrow and no room for pain. And all that remains, Lord, is You.
 
 

25 comments:

Clare Henney said...

That is a beautiful post Russ.

Mrs P Cuyugan said...

Happy to know you're feeling better :) I'm always just a BBM away.

***Butterfly*** said...

I am honored to be a part of this! Indeed we have become superwomen in our own ways. Though we have different situations, we have had heartaches as common denominator. Like you, 2012 has been my toughest. Trials came one after the other, sometimes even all at once. But you know what i realized, lookibg back at my past 11.5 months, i know i am not the same as i am better and far stronger than the woman i was then. Here is something i'd like to share with you from a book Hes Just Not That Into You : Maybe a happy ending doesnt always include a guy/girl. Maybe its just you on your own picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for a better future. Maybe a happy ending is just moving on. Cheers to us! From Supergirl!

***Butterfly*** said...

From Supergirl Nadine :-)

Berylle Kaye Hong said...

sorry to hear about your heartaches and sad experiences.. sometimes, all we need is to ask Him for strength and everything will feel lighter. Of course, friends and families will always be there to cheer you up and make you forget all the hurt and pain. Just always think that whatever trials that may come your way, there are people who love you unconditionally.

dareandconquer said...

Great post rush. You are lucky to be surrounded be like minded people.

Raine Pal said...

Russ, take it easy. I am a single mom and I know what heartaches means. Been to a lot of failures, but I never give up because of my children and my parents who never leave me from my ups and down. Yes, with prayers we will and you will survive! Cheer up!

Mia Foo said...

i'm glad you're feeling better and have such great friends around you to pull you up when you're down.
do cherish them!

Nicol said...

this is a beautiful piece. everyone takes heart breaks different and reading something like this is quite uplifting

Amanda Love said...

As someone who's been through and still going through a rough time personally, I can surely relate to having strong people in your corner who's always there for you. Here's to happier times.

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

I'm not really sure what happened, but I know how it feels to have a heart broken. Mine was broken not once, but twice.

the second was so silent and sudden that I didn't even know it happened.

Melvin Paul said...

Sorry to hear about your past year...i'm sure this year will be much better! keep your spirits up girl! You have wonderful friends around. God bless :D

Phylicia Marie Pineda said...

I can relate to that, and the prayer is beautiful. I find reciting that prayer rather calming, so I don't feel as hurt as before.

Katrina Centeno said...

I checked when this was written. Happy to learn that this was two years ago. I assume you are waaay better now. I hope.

papaleng said...

Indeed, a very inspiring prayer and so nice to hear that you're going okay now.

Kylie wenn said...

Hang in there.. Time is the best cure for broken hearts....

Franc said...

It's never easy to move on but it's always the only place to go. Take time to heal but in time do move forward.

Eliz Frank said...

Dear Russ, our periods of pain make us stronger. Don't despair, this too shall pass and healing will set in.

Selly Theng said...

i feel peace when I read your pray. it's like i'm praying to God and like speaking directly to Him. all is well, just believe it. everythings gonna be good again.

Khushboo Motihar said...

That is a beautiful post that you've put up inspire of what u are going through...

kareen liez said...

Be strong girl :) All of us have our share of "heartaches" and there isn't a heartache that doesn't end. Pray to God for strength all the time and focus on positive things. Hugs!

Karen said...

It's okay to mourn over your broken heart but don't forget to move on and open your heart to others who are willing to love you.

Sharon Ruggieri said...

Oh man, do I feel ya! I've been struggling with some pretty intense emotions for the past few months and they literally kick my butt some days. Stay strong, girl. God has a purpose for all of us and sadly suffering is part of it.

Timber Clemons said...

Heartache is the worst. You tend to lose yourself for a while before you make the conscious effort to rebuild.

Beth@FrugalFroggie said...

I am sorry you have had some hard times. Glad you have strong women in your life to help you.