20 August, 2013


One thing I love about social media is dicovering sooo many thing, virtually meeting different people, and making new friends. Last night, when tropical storm Maring ( international name's Trami ) got extra busy battering most parts of Luzon here in the Philippines, I chanced upon a re-tweet by Marc and Angel and found my way to CELES Gratitude Challenge .

Welcome to my blog + Gratitude Journal for the next 14 days and days after that.

My Mom has always taught my brother and I to always be thankful for things that we have and do not have, to see plenitude in the present,and to appreciate everyday gifts. I got excited the first time I read about the gratitude journal and the challenge. I think it's both a good and effective reminder of the importance of being grateful. Although I am a few days behind the Gratitude Challenge, which started last 15-AUG, I will still do it. I want to do it.

Here's the drill:
"Come 15 Aug, I’ll be conducting a 14-day gratitude challenge, where participants from around the world will practice gratitude for 14 days till the end of the month (28 Aug, to be precise). Every day, I will post a task of gratitude which you have to complete within the day itself. The task can range from giving thanks to your food, to transforming an ungrateful thought, to showing your appreciation to someone.

At the end of the day, you are to report back to the site to share your results for the day itself and to join other participants in their discussions. The challenge will end on 28 Aug, where you reflect on your journey of gratitude in the past 14 days as well as create your plan on how to continue practice gratitude moving forward.

This will be an extremely simple yet exciting challenge which will permanently impact your life as well as others' lives around you. Given that it's been almost eight months since I ran any challenge (the last one was the 2013 Countdown Challenge), I can't wait to start this with all of you!" → Original Post: [ LINK ].

The more, the merrier! Celes' Gratitude Challenge reminds me of the film,  Pay It Forward  so I invited some of my friends who also run their own blogs to do their own gratitude challenge. It may be a small step, but I'm sure that it will inspire a lot of people. You're more than welcome to join if you want to. ☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Good Vibes. __RUSS.

No comments: