05 June, 2014

GIVE ME A CAESAR SALAD


Last 30-April was the birthday of a good friend and I was invited, together with other folks to celebrate with him over dinner. I usually do this preparation of some sort whenever I know that my day won't be typical — meaning I won't have my usual meals because of an event, a party, or get-together. Calorie Management is one of the things I religiously do ever since my thyroid was removed in 2008.

That Wednesday in April was Calorie Management Day. I went to the Korean coffee shop in my building during lunch and I purposely did not get my usuals: Brewed Coffee, Scrambled Eggs, and German Franks. I was planning to get their chicken soup, but was told that they no longer serve it so I ended up ordering a Caesar Salad.

The Big Letdown: I ordered a Caesar Salad and what I got was a plate full of ... er, wilted leaves with supermarket Parmesan Cheese, some dressing that was too salty, and 5 pieces of olives ( which I don't eat ). It was disappointing. It was disappointing. It was disappointing :(


I was given a Caesar Salad that looked like it had anemia :(



I was expecting something like this. || Image Credit: Taste.Com.Au


I've learned my lesson ....
When in doubt, order stuff that you've already tried. Experiment if you must, but experiment with caution so you don't get disappointed.
I'm never getting a Caesar Salad from the Korean coffee shop in my building. That will be my first and last. ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


20 comments:

Irena said...

omg. that looks delicious!! and btw I like caesar salad too ;) xx

Janelle Shank said...

I am always weary of ordering new stuff for that reason alone. second one looks amazing!

P Bishop said...

I usually always order "the usual" when going out to eat. I am too cheap to experiment and I go out to eat rarely. -Paula Parker

Latest Balita said...

wow... this is delicious.

Kung Phoo said...

I cannot stand that.. When i order something and expect something totally different..

Franc said...

It's really best having Caesar salad with fresh and crisp veggies and not like this.

Liz Mays said...

That was really far from a good salad! I hate when that kind of thing happens!

bxcrochet said...

I love Caesar salad too. What a huge disappointment. I have never seen one served with the regular powdered Parmesan.

Michelle F>

themommyavenger.com said...

My favorite kind of salad--looks so good!

themommyavenger.com said...

My favorite kind of salad--looks so good!

Patty Woodland said...

Sorry you did not get what you wanted. You can always try and make one for yourself.

mail4rosey said...

That does look tasty. My second oldest likes a CS above any other kind and sometimes eats JUST that for dinner. :)

Leira Pagaspas said...

I would have told the manager something or send that Salad back.

Sharon Ruggieri said...

I had a salad delivered to like that once and I fa-reaked out! What is wrong with people???

Ann B said...

I love Caesar salad. It is one of my favourite things to eat....yum!

Nicole W said...

I really wish salads were all universally awesome

Rebecca Swenor said...

That looks disgusting. I would have been so mad. Thanks for sharing. I usually order what I have had before.

Alyssa Collazo said...

Oh goodness, I would have been soooo UPSET!!!! I absolutely hate when something like this happens!!

Chelsea Olivia said...

Oh no! Why the heck did they put olives in it!

April Decheine said...

Ha Ha this is my story LOL, I went to an Indian restaurant and ordered the same, it came on an iceberg with a tomato and a large white onion. We still joke about it!