05 July, 2014

How to add #Pinterest buttons to images in Blogspot


Hi, guys. I have a confession to make: I am such a late bloomer. I didn't see how useful Pinterest is for anyone who has a blog until one evening, last week of June. I mainly use Pinterest as a mood board for my projects, a place to do extra research, and a tool where I save stuff for events that I do. I pin things instead of saving them as bookmarks on my laptop. It's convenient that way.

Then, just last week I chanced upon one of Pauline's G+ posts about Pinterest, which I happily  re-shared  so I could access it anytime from my iPad. While I was ultimately enjoying Google+ these past months, I also started to see Pinterest beyond my little experiments and mood boards. It did grow on me and the eager beaver that I am is discovering how to put it to good use. I've had a Pinterest account since it launched, but I never gave it that much attention until today. So, in case I got you curious and if you have time, make sure you read  40+ Smart Strategies To Grow Your Blog With Pinterest. 




Part of my sudden interest in this visual discovery tool is adding Pin It buttons to images on my blog for easier social sharing. While this may not be entirely original, I felt the need to write about it because when I looked it up in Google, most of the search results I got were from 2012 and 2013. All had the same codes that are no longer compatible with Blogspot. Luckily, while I was going through my account and I accidentally clicked the link to Help Center. I found myself spending an entire afternoon reading about Pinterest :)

I didn't bother to toy with the codes I saw on the web. Instead, I just used  Pinterest's Widget Builder.  My Pin It Buttons were up in four (4) super easy steps and looks like the one below.



Here's how I added my floating Pin It buttons.
1) Select Pin It Button at Pinterest's Widget Builder PAGE.
2) Pick your button type. In my case, I wanted a Pinterest pin to pop up when the mouse hovers an image.
3) Customize the your button's look. Do you want it small? Rectangular? Do you like a gray or white background?
4) Copy, paste the code to your blog's template ( Edit HTML in Blogger ). I put mine before the closing html tag.



Now, was that easy or what? I like this one over the other step-by-step HOW TOs because it automatically adds the pin to all your images. This feature will definitely work for me because I'm big on photos and I noticed how people always comment about the pictures they see. I am amazed at the power of virtual sharing and love how Pinterest makes the photos on our blogs even more useful.




My Litratos Board: Getting Inspired. Seeing the beauty of the world from friends I have yet to meet.


If we're friends in Pinterest, get ready to hear more from me. I'm building my boards again and I'm back to growing my Pinterest friends. I'm happy that blogging continues to be more fun and exciting for me. I'll see you guys in Pinterest! ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


25 comments:

Michael said...

My wife loved her Pinterest boards,she had a couple of very popular boards.

Karan Mccaughey said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I followed your instructions and it was so easy peasy!
I hope you will stop by my blog for a visit!
http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/2014/07/gorgeous-greenland.html

Bonnie Gowen said...

This is so ironic lol. I was searching all over the internet last night trying to find how to do that lol. I did figure it out and actually used my own logo to put over my pics. =) Thanks for sharing this.

Kenneth Clutario Agudo said...

Well, thank you for this tutorial, i was looking for this before because I dont know how, I just followed your instruction

Patty Woodland said...

Thanks for the easy to follow instructions. Pinterest drives a lot of traffic to my blog

Brijdeep Kaur said...

that's such a nice info.. even I am sailing in the same boat as you were (sheepish face).. lol.. shall try out these.. thanks a lot..

P Bishop said...

Thank you for the information. I really haven't done much on Pinterest yet. This is so helpful!

Terry Chandler said...

I really like pinterest. Although there is so much more I can learn about it. Thanks for this information.

Rachael Yerkes said...

Such an important thing to add. Pinterest drives so much of my traffic and for all bloggers.

Heather Jones said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I need to add one for my blog!

Emilee said...

That's a nice tutorial. I already have a pinterest button on my pictures, but I bet this will help those that don't!

Amber B said...

Thank you for sharing. I love Pinterest but don't use it to benefit my blog as much as I should. I will look into adding this to my page.

mail4rosey said...

I'd like to make a better connection between my blog and Pinterest. I do have a pinterest widget on my sidebar and a button on the bottom of each post. I'd like to maybe get a hovering one. We'll see.

Tonya Lewis said...

Pinterest is a great way to share blog post and images from everywhere. Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial

Krystal Butherus said...

Thank you for the tip! It is so important to use Pnterest on your blog!

Maria Constanza Oller said...

Wish this post came 2 months ago I ended paying someone to install them since all codes I tried just messed it up

Joanna Sormunen said...

Thank you! Great information! Any idea how to get a StumleUpon button in Blogger blog? I can't get it stick in my blog!

Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing the tutorial. We switched to WP in December but before that, it was difficult to find many tutorials for Blogger users!

Leira Pagaspas said...

You made it look so easy.,thanks for sharing your tips.

shay cb said...

I need this, too.

But can you help me adding the Google Plus and Facebook share, first?

Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

Kath Rivera said...

Very helpful tip dear. I'll bookmark this so that when I'm ready to put the pinterest button on my photos, I will find it easier because of your tutorial.

Kira Thompson said...

I love my pin it button. I love it when sites have them. It's so much easier.

Natalie Summers said...

I'm glad I became an addicted pinterest user before i started my blog, I did all the hard work already..

MaryJane Tauyan said...

nice tutorial! in wordpress they added Pin It button automatically if you have networkedblogs i think

Eliz Frank said...

Such good fortune to have discovered the joys of Pinterest. I joined late in the game too and I'm still exploring the medium.