25 November, 2014

Food Trip: Cyma

I'm crazy about Greek Food! Here's one of my Greek gastroadventures.Ü There is something about Greek Food that makes it sooo goood! I find their dishes beautiful. I know it's a strange way to describe food, but Greek Dishes always look divine and inventive + everything just seems to burst with flavor! And, this one's important: Greek Food goes well with wine.

Unfortunately, we don't have a range of Greek Food options here. There are those that claim to serve such, but if you know what you're supposed to be getting, you'd know that there are these faux Greek restos.  Cyma  has always been my favorite Greek-inspired restaurant and I was really devastated when the branch closest to my house closed shop years ago. Imagine how ecstatic I was when I chanced upon their branch in Robinson's Place Manila while killing time before going to work one Saturday.



You have to try these :)
I'm a creature of habit and Cyma's Roka Salata is one of my default orders. Even before the menu is handed to me, this is always the first item that I order whenever I'm at this restaurant. It's one of their best-sellers and just so you know that it totally rocks ... P doesn't like vegetables, hates salads and anything that he thinks resembles a plant but this one is a glorious exception even if it has arugula, romaine lettuce, and sundried tomatoes. Cyma's Roka Salata is the only salad that my howe eats. Now, beat that.


The Roka Salata is a perpetual favorite! || Solo: P350 or $7.80


The Cheese Saganaki ( P220 or approximately $4.91 ) is another Cyma best-seller + a default order that P and I get whenever we dine here. While I love cheese, P can't stand it. Surprisingly, he loves this dish. I'm guessing that he enjoys seeing the flaming cheese and hearing the Cyma crew cheer Opa! before it's served.



I wanted to treat myself that afternoon and at the same time I wanted something light ( or so I thought ). I was in the mood to going for something new and had the Pork Souvlaki, which was served with Tzatziki and warm pita. This didn't disappoint and I highly recommend that this be paired with the Spanakorizo — spinach & rice with tomato.




Pork Souvlaki, P355 or $7.92



The Spanakorizo is a must-try.


P's 3/4-inch thick Grilled Pork Chops w- Couscous, P550 or $12.58


Albeit Cyma is not-so-Greek, I proudly admit that I find dining at this establishment always a treat. I like how cozy the place is and how there's a neat balance between casual & chic. Cyma's branch in Robinson's Manila is spacious with this modern feel yet still feels very Greek with their blue & white interiors. The staff are courteous and well-trained, it will make you want to eat here often. And, their food .... well, it's so easy to see why I love Cyma right?  ☮..Peace + _Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


★ ★ ★ ★ ★


✎  CYMA, Robinson's Place Manila
  +632.3543956
  2F Robinsons Place Manila, Midtown Wing, Pedro Gil St. cor. Adriatico St., Ermita, Manila


40 comments:

Terri Ramsey Beavers said...

Oh my goodness, everything looks so amazing. Esp those porkchops.

Masshole Mommy said...

I totally shouldn't be reading this while I am sitting here starving ;) Everything looks so good!

The Mommy-Files said...

That looks like such a fun restaurant! Love the pictures you shared.

spiffykerms said...

I love it when people blog about new-to-me restaurants, so I can scope them out ahead of time and see what people really think of them. Looks like a fun spot to eat!

CourtneyLynne said...

Omg I'm a freak about Greek food too!!! When I lived in orlando... Omg so many Greek food options... Now that I'm in wny... Ughhh lol

Carra D said...

I love Greek food. Chicken souvlaki is my favorite. Everything looks great here.

Paula Parker said...

I love the look of the pork chops! Super yummy. What a great place to dine!

Catherine Sargent said...

All the food looks really good. I may have to go to our local Greek restaurant for dinner.

Tanya Coffman said...

I would love to take my family for an entertaining dinner like this! I could only imagine their little faces with fire coming out of a wok! :D

Margarita Ibbott said...

I am all over the Roka Salata. It looks delicious and I love the peppery flavour of arugula. That chef looks like he is having a lot of fun. Thanks for the review.

Freya Renders said...

I went to Greece a few weeks ago. It was my first visit and I thought the food was amazing. These dishes all look so delicious, I would love to have a restaurant like that in my area.

Hil'Lesha O'Nan said...

Everything looks delicious! I've come to love Greek food over the past year.

Michelle Hwee said...

Looks like some lovely food! :) makes me hungry hehe

mail4rosey said...

The balance between casual and chic would be right up my alley too. Everything looks great!

Krystal Butherus said...

I love going to Greek restaurants, it's so much fun when they bring out the saganaki!! Opa!!

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

Me and my friends used to have meetups and dines at Cyma - super yummy!

Annemarie Leblanc said...

All that good looks so delicious, I would love to go there one day!

Rebecca Swenor said...

I hate to admit I have never had Greek food before but it sounds as well as looks like I have been missing out indeed. All this food looks and sounds so delicious. Yummy!! Thanks for sharing.

Reginia Cordell said...

This restaurant looks amazing. There are a few items that I'd love to dig into.

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

I love Greek food and Cyma is also our go-to restaurant when we crave for greek food!

lee rosales said...

there's cyma in alabang town center. its a small resto and i never bothered going in. rrally dark inside for some reason. but bvoz of those photos you took and it looks good, i might give it a try now

Nanda Reis said...

This place looks fantastic! It looks very delicious! I wish they had something similar here where I live =)

May De Jesus-Palacpac said...

The souvlaki and the pork chops with couscous look really good! Will date at Cyma soon!

Sim @ SimsLife.co.uk said...

That all looks so delicious! I absolutely adore Greek food... I had a good friend at Uni who's mum used to send food over from Greece and it was divine!

Fred Hawson said...

I have tried Cafe Mediterranean and Greeka Kouzina for Greek cuisine, but not yet Cyma. I should try it soon. My favorites are Gyros and Moussaka and Lamb Stew.

Julianne Caparos said...

I totally agree with you! The food Cyma really is delicious. There's one also at Eastwood Mall if you ever find yourself at that area hehe :D

Kalliopi Sakellariou said...

so delicious!I am Greek and I say you have to try this!

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

Been awhile since I last went to CYMA I have to go back and dine in again!

Franc said...

I like Cyma because of the richer taste in their food. It's definitely something worth trying again and again.

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

I like the Roka Salata too! The colourful look AND cheese made it look appetising! Healthy too

Eliz Frank said...

I love Greek food too. My favourite has always been the Salad, sauces and rice dishes.

Vanessa said...

I am crazy about Greek food too, I come from eastern Europe and my country borders with Greece so my city is quite influenced by its cuisine. I love your photos of delicious Greek meals!

Phylicia Marie Pineda said...

You should try the lamb dishes too, especially the lamb chops, yummy! Anyhoo, i also order the saganaki all the time because i love it when the servers shout opa while the cheese is in flames.

yvonnembertoldo said...

I love Cyma! Food servings are huge and dishes tastes amazing. :)

Jason P. said...

I'm crazy for Cyma too! But then again, Mediterranean food is my absolute favorite!! :D

papaleng said...

Never eaten Greek dishes. Ah with those appetizing dishes I must try one now.

Kylie wenn said...

The dish 'on fire' photo looks so outstanding!~ Never eaten any greek dishes but hope to try it after reading your post!

premar88 said...

okAy now I want porkchops and there is no way I can cook as well as these people

Loudthinkin said...

Greek food is prepared for the Greek gods, has to be beautiful like them :p. I am glad that you found an outlet of your favourite restaurant...gorge to your hearts delight!!!

Fatemah Sajwani said...

I haven;t tried any Greek cuisine yet but all the food look really yummy.