07 April, 2015

It's time to make those travel photos postcard-perfect

TouchRetourch
Photo Credit: www.ex.ua

Technology and all these apps are amazing. I stumbled upon a recommendation from one of Tami's photos in Instagram. Her friend, @heartedgirl_ gave a suggestion to check out the  TouchRetouch  app. I checked it out in the app store and ended up buying the app ( it's just $0.99 ). I found TouchRetouch very simple and easy-to-use, but powerful. Trust me when I tell you that the app can do magic.Ü BTW, if you have a bit of extra time, do show them some love and check out their IG galleries: @4tamimarie and @heartedgirl_.

I want my travel snapshots to be close to postcard-perfect. I go out of my way to stop, look for the right angle, and frame my shots but there are instances when you just can't get away with unnecessary elements. Yes, these can be removed in Photoshop, but I don't have my laptop with me all the time. I mean, it takes a little bit of extra effort to Photoshop pictures and I don't have the luxury of time to do so. Convenience and the ease of removing unwanted photo elements from my phone and tablet have drawn me to Touch Retouch.




How does TouchRetouch work?
"TouchRetouch is a tool that allows you to select something you want eliminated from the photo. After that, the app gets to work eliminating that part of the image and uses a sensor to determine what to fill the space in with. You use your finger to draw over the part you want eliminated, and the app does the rest. Once you brush over the part you would like to be removed, the app will evaluate the photo and what is happening in its surroundings. It will then fill in the deleted space with a copies of other parts of the picture." [ Read More: TouchReTouch: The app that lets you remove objects from pictures instantly ]

I did my first TouchRetouch experiment with one of my snapshots from my Kuala Lumpur trip. This one was taken at Batu Caves. Can you spot the difference?

Thank You
Before & After. Goodbye annoying light posts.






What I like about TouchRetouch.
1) The Lasso Tool is the simplest, easiest, and most convenient feature of this app. The Brush Tool is another good option.
2) Basically, the Lasso Tool makes me remove unwanted objects in just two steps, most of the time, it's just two steps for me.
3) TouchRetouch does not automatically resize your picture — thank you!
4) TouchRetouch asks you what size it is that you want before you open your image.
5) It also lets you save the image to your device and most importantly, it supports social media integration.
6) Props for the makers of this app for the simple and not confusing interface.

What I don't like about TouchRetouch.
1) The welcome page can be improved.
2) The Clone Stamp Tool is confusing or it may be that I need to practice. I don't think I have the patience for this :)




Overall, TouchRetouch is one of the few photo-editing apps that I liked, downloaded, and did not uninstall. With the lasso, paintbrush, eraser, and clone stamp pool, you can be almost Houdini with your pictures. It's almost like doing Photoshop stuff straight from your phone. You'll be happy with the output.Ü Tell me if this isn't a good deal for $0.99.

What's your favorite photo editing app? Would you want to use TouchRetouch?
☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Happy Vibes. RUSS.

60 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

I definitely need to go check that out immediately. I always end up with some photos that I am unhappy with because of lighting or other little things.

Alli Smith said...

OMG - I've got to download this app ASAP. I love how you can remove unwanted objects. I'd not heard of this one, so thanks bunches for sharing.

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

I love it when you get to see the difference without over extending too much to the photo - will download!

Jeanine said...

Wow this looks great! We don't travel often but from when we have we have some really great photos I've been wanting to have done! I also have a ton of everyday photos I could touch up, this is one I'll have to check out! I too usually delete most retouch apps as they aren't great!

Sharon Erickson said...

How interesting. There are so many photo editing apps. I should try this one out. I can be kind of picky.

Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle said...

That is so cool! I could definitely use this on a lot of my photos. Thanks for sharing this!

Michelle Varga said...

Wow! That's pretty neat! Looks like a really great tool for people who want to use something simple rather than a big photo editing program.

Michele D said...

Sounds like a great app but I didn't see much of a difference. It must be my eyes. lol

Liz Mays said...

I didn't know about this app. It sounds really convenient. Photo editing can be hard so it's good to have easy to use editing apps.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Love how you cropped this out by removing the light post. I will have to check this out.

Kendall Rayburn said...

Okay, that is really cool! Love that feature!

Bonnie Gowen said...

Oh wow! That is so cool! My current app can't do anything like that. I'm going to go check on this now.

Kelly Hutchinson said...

This is a cool photography editing tool. I could use this a lot in my work,

John Lopez said...

Amazing! At the first I saw this two photo I wonder that there is no different, and the second time I saw it again oh now I knew that the annoying light in the left side has gone! This is amazing ha!

Lisa Codina said...

This is brilliant!! I could definitely use this, especially for those times when you take a good pic and then someone happens to walk right in front of the camera! ;-)

Cia Says said...

Okay this app rocks. I will rate it as stellar if I can manage to use it on the first try without getting frustrated.

Liz Leiro said...

This is such a neat app! I am always looking for ways to improve my amateur photos :) Thanks for sharing.

Ron Leyba said...

This is a must have app for real! I will surely take a deeper look at this app and do my own review about them. Thanks for sharing this Russ.

Rebecca Swenor said...

This is an amazing app indeed and awesome improvement on the picture for sure. I will have to check this app out. Thanks for sharing.

touristmeetstraveler said...

This looks like a great app, you can really see the difference!

Fiona said...

Wow! I never knew an app like this existed. I need to go and get it straight away for my photos :)

mail4rosey said...

This does sound like a great app. I'd use this one, I think. Thank you for sharing it.

Breanna Sheffield said...

I love finding new apps. This one looks like a good one to Look more in to. Thank you for sharing.

Angie K said...

I gotta admit.. it took me a good min to realize there was a diff. even after i read the part that says goodbye lamp post LOL! But this seems like a great app I will def be checking it out. thanks!

Chrystal Mahan said...

That is a pretty cool app and well worth the 99 cents. I know there have been a few times I wished I could remove objects from pics. I have tried countless photo apps and some of them out there just are not that good!

Roselynn Mercedes said...

Wow, that's amazing retouching for an app and not a full blown program on the computer. I hate doing any kind of photo editing cause it's always so complicated so this sounds like it would be perfect for me.

Krystal Butherus said...

Whoa, that's an awesome app! Great fix to your photo. I can't get enough of my iPhone for pics!

Debi said...

Wow that made a great difference. I love the after.

Ricci said...

This is an amazing app!! I need to download it ASAP!!

Author said...

really glad you shared this post. i have a number photos i took in Italy last summer when my friend and i were vacationing. i will try this app on some of them before i post them on my fb timeline. thanks again!

Miranda Myrabev said...

Oh wow such an awesome app, I am not familiar with it but sounds great and at that price anyone can afford it. Love the before and after picture

Ourfamilyworld said...

This is a must have app. I love how you can remove unwanted object and improve pictures

Lynndee said...

That is so cool! I didn't see the difference immediately and I was delighted when I finally figured it out. LOL. Will buy the app too. :)

Donna L. Ward said...

Well - this is a great app - thank you for sharing - yes tech is amazing - and it took me a second to figure out the before and after - but yes the after was so much nicer without the light pole!

Cher said...

I could so use this! We take a lot of pictures of beautiful scenery that are ruined by ugly power lines.

Ann B said...

This looks so cool and I have been looking for a tool like this! Thank you so much for sharing.

JackieJacks said...

It takes a long time to learn how to take a good photo on the iPhone. Sometimes it's not even possible because of where you're standing, like the photo you took- what a perfect app for the outdoors!

Alyssa Collazo said...

Sounds like an app I need! Thank you for sharing

theresa said...

Cool! It really looks like the post was not there. How did you pay for it? Do they have Paypal?

Franc said...

I like how this app can enhance your photos. I sure have a lot of travel photos to fix too.

JOJO VITO said...

wow, great tool. sometimes its quite difficult to get the right frame when taking photos especially when you are on a rush--this tool will be a big help

Teri Yellow said...

Wow this is a promising app. But I don't have a smartphone yet. I also want to use camera 360.

It changed the picture. It add some details replacing the light post, such as adding additional brown area in the mountain.

LifeAsAConvert said...

This looks like a cool app. I could think of a few pictures I would love to use this for.

April Perez said...

Cool app, but I never invest on paid apps just because I still prefer taking photos using my DSLR - may it be raw or edited by Photoshop, it's still way better in terms of its quality.

Mommy Peach said...

First time I've heard about this app. It's cool because you can edit photos via your mobile phone!

Ayesha said...

Nice app! Editing would be so easy with this. Such a genius maker :) Congrats to the person who made this. Very brilliant!

Thanks for sharing! Will check it out.

Fash Realm said...

Didn't know about the app till now!! Thanks for the heads up on it & will go check the app out! It was an hassle to always have things blocking & spoiling the photos, will this app, ensuring great photos are relatively easy to have!

Thanks!
Crane Fashrealm from www.fashrealm.blogspot.com

Louise Banta said...

Never heard of this application but it's a pretty good alternative for a photoshop! I would love to download and willing to spend if it does remove/retouch unwanted things in a photo. It's a great app for IGers to really make sure the photos are clean and Instagram worthy too! :)

ling said...

sounds like a very decent app! Will check it out, thanks babe. Btw the metal post on the right, you might wanna work all the way down? 😉

lee rosales said...

Gosh!! I am gping to download this app. For only 50 pesos I get to have a nice app to edit those annoying distractions on my photos. Great app!

Fred Hawson said...

What a convincing sample you showed us. YOu do not notice anything was ever retouched in that second photo. Scary though if used for wrong purposes.

Elizabeth O. said...

This is the first time I heard about this app and I'm amazed. Yup, I spotted the two lamp posts in the the first photos and you got rid of them in the second photo. I need to try this app!

Nicol said...

great app! i tend to use photoshop but there aren't many features available on the app

Sunshine Kelly said...

Good apps I will download it because on and off I do get those photos and need some touch up before I can post up.Thanks for the information.

Pooja Kawatra said...

Thanks for sharing this app as it is going to be really helpful for all of us specially while blogging when you capture tons of photos.

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

The function looks like the Clone tool in Photoshop! Not that I will really use it in my phones as they apps eats up the battery and I will rather do them on computer!

Franc said...

I'll check this out and download it. Sometimes, I have a hard time getting the photos I want on other apps so this should help.

Sin Yee said...

I heard of this software before. Never try to use it yet. But thanks for sharing. It looks great.

papaleng said...

This is something I really need. Gonna download this app.

Raquel said...

I’m always on the lookout for applications like this. Sometimes you just need it to create that stunning picture. Everything is possible with the use of photoshop.