05 October, 2015

Crowdsource the BLISS of a #LiveFreePH

Life can be full of surprises. Often, it comes with a lot of uncertainties. One day, you're up there. Next thing you know, you're in this situation wherein you don't know what has hit you. I've made a promise to myself that while I'm still young and strong, I will plan ahead and prepare for my future. Sad to say, it's something that a lot of my 'kababayans' fail to do. I've seen it happen to some of my relatives who have worked for 10- 20- 30- years in another country and ended up going back home empty-handed. I don't want to be like them.

The future can be scary, but the good thing is, we can all prepare for it. I am glad that a lot of organizations like Sun Life have become active in creating awareness and helping a lot of Filipinos understand the value of being prepared. I fully support Sun Life's BLISS campaign as I feel that every Filipino should be able to have financial freedom. It's a long shot, but it's worth every effort.

Crowdsource the BLISS of a #LiveFreePH
How do you feel about the future? Is your family doing okay? Are the people around you hopeful or gloomy? With the Brighter Life Index: Social Sentiment or BLISS, Sun Life will show how optimism, prosperity, and the bayanihan spirit can produce a positive ripple from ourselves to our loved ones and to the community where we live.

 BLISS  is a Facebook application that aims to get the pulse of Filipinos about their current financial situation as well as their outlook for the future. "BLISS gives us the canvas to paint our #LiveFreePH campaign. Through crowdsourcing, we seek the brightest spots while also determining the areas that are in need of a bit more sunshine," explained Sun Life of Canada (Philippines), Inc. Chief Marketing Officer Mylene Lopa. "Together with the Sun Life Foundation, we will help turn dim prospects to bright opportunities.”


From Bleak to Bright


How BLISS happens
Harnessing the power of crowdsourcing, BLISS gathers insights directly from consumers by asking Filipinos about their current state and their outlook for the future. Responses will be collected primarily via Facebook. The results will be embodied by a map of the Philippines, where positive sentiments will be represented by sunny weather, while negative ones will be indicated by thunderstorms. This will be updated real time, with different aggregations available for viewing.

BLISS will also radiate warmth in real life, as the Sun Life Foundation pledges to match survey responses with a donation to help localities with bleak outlooks, as indicated by the stormy icons in the results map. Inspired by the practice of bayanihan (communal work), the initiative translates insight to action, via the information that will be shared by online users.

"Sun Life Foundation believes in action that is powered by insight, and we’re bringing that to the social media platform through BLISS," said Sun Life Foundation Executive Director Anne Zillah Flores. "We’re taking it further by actually responding to the gaps that will be determined. We will fund projects to help communities with bleak prospects so they can adopt a brighter outlook.”

BLISS to #LiveFreePH
From the present to the future, BLISS narrates the changing story of Filipinos from multiple points of view: self, family, and community. Income, health, and work-life balance are identified as personal concerns; food, nutrition and financial security comprise the familial territory; while access to quality education, healthcare, and livelihood opportunities are the societal factors that impact the nation as a whole. When addressed properly, these concerns can become the building blocks of a nationwide movement towards financial independence.

"From BLISS, we lay down the blueprint of #LiveFreePH – to practice foresight by being conscious of our needs while sharing the benefits of living the brighter life," Lopa said. "We hope that by working together towards financial freedom, we can create a story of a prosperous and optimistic nation, because in our journey to financial freedom, we can go far if we go together."




Is the future something you're concerned about now? Are there any tips that you'd like to share to my readers on how to save up for the rainy days? If you have extra time, share the BLISS to help communities in need and the chance to win awesome prizes like an iPad Air. Go to http://bit.ly/1hDBxhn to begin.  ☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.


Celebrating 150 years in 2015, Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Sun Life Financial and its partners have operations in a number of markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bermuda. As of March 31, 2015, the Sun Life Financial group of companies had total assets under management of $813 billion. For more information, visit www.sunlife.com.

50 comments:

Jason P. said...

It makes me happy that there are still people who believe in making a real difference with our country :)

Elizabeth O. said...

This sounds like a very good cause. It will definitely help improve a lot of lives.

karla | Karlaroundtheworld.com said...

I am also worried about the future but striving to work for a brighter one. This is a nice cause and good to share it to. It's nice to have financial freedom.

Erica Villas said...

The contest at the end of the post is so tempting. I could definitely use an iPad upgrade!

Janine Daquio said...

Nice! This Facebook application could really have a great potential to know the statistics of the financial status of the people. I have SunLife plan too, because I want to have well, at least, a prepared future.

Anne V said...

The future looks pretty bright to me, considering God is in control. And that's all I focus on, Jesus. The concept of the Bliss app seems is great, good move on Sun Life Financial's part. :)

Fernando Lachica said...

Sun Life offers the best for family's future. Filipino family must invest on their hard-earned money for this too...their future for the children.

yvonnembertoldo said...

Heyy I was also a part of this campaign. :) Sun life really has a lot of great things to offer especially when it comes to financial stability in the future.

papaleng said...

Sun Life, is putting one's future for a better one. Lucky me to say that I have planned my future all to well. This awareness program being initiated by Sun Life is one thing NGO should promote.

Tiffany Yong W.T. said...

This is such a meaningful and interesting project. I realised Philippines have many such interesting projects. Hope more will come up to motivate and help more people!

Fred Hawson said...

These insurance companies are really doing innovative campaigns for their sales. I must admit that I do not like talking about insurance.

Cebuana Mom said...

Life can be scary, true to that but we can definitely prepare for it especially when it comes to doing it for the people you love most - your family.

Rochkirstin Santos said...

I hope that more online users will participate so the result will be more accurate as a representation of the entire Philippines. Prizes sound catchy!

Franc said...

I think the BLISS concept helps us to aspire for something better. It can help us plan and work towards a better version of ourselves and our country.

Louise Banta said...

Interesting concept and initiative and I hope many would participate because I too believe that if we gather those information and together understand what does facts say, we can really determine ways to financial independence.

Terri Beavers said...

This sounds like a great app to get your future in perspective. I'm not sure what would happen in my future if my financial state changed. I need to look into something like this in case that ever happened.

Shell said...

Having it work through Facebook is smart! I do worry about the future. We try to plan for it but it's hard to know if I'm doing enough.

shelly said...

This is a great course that will benefit a lot of people. Planning ahead for your future is always important.

savannah said...

I will have to check this out! I love that they are giving back and trying to make a difference.

HilLesha O'Nan said...

Although I don't live in the Philippines, this is a wonderful way to strive on bettering ourselves. Thanks for sharing!

Ourfamilyworld said...

We have Sunlife, too. It's good to know that they now have an app to know the statistics for one's financial status.

Shaney Vijendranath said...

I'm always thinking about the future especially because I have two kids and my hubby is good with saving. He definitely has us covered for rainy days.

Chubskulit Rose said...

What great app. This would help Philippies a lot!

mail4rosey said...

I thought I had my future set. Now I am starting over from scratch. I put my eggs in the wrong basket.

Coach Donna Ward said...

How wonderful - the Bliss Facebook App sounds and the entire crowdsourcing to assist as it gathers the info - My goodness that is great to hear - and a great post about it

Claire C said...

Sun Life sounds like a great company that really cares about Filipino people.

Rachel Mouton said...

What a great way to bring positive change! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Michelle Mink said...

I will be sure to let me Filipino friends know about this!

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

Sun Life's campaign this time arounds sounds like a great one.

Mom Knows Best said...

This sounds like a great company that is helping people. I like the sound of Bliss.

ana de jesus said...

What a fantastic idea and company looking out for the Fillipino community

Natasha said...

Sounds like an amazing company - will tell my friend who lives in the Ph.

LifeAsAConvert said...

Financial literacy is so important. It's great to help teach people about it.

tony greene said...

I love that they are giving back to the community and trying to make a difference.

Claudette P. Esterine said...

Never heard of this before, but always good to learn something new. All the best with this and your planning for the future.

Victoria Heckstall said...

Looks like a good cause. I will check this out

Onica{MommyFactor} said...

This is interesting. Sun Life Company is great because they care for the Filipino citizen. They had a lot of good offers.

Deal Match Maker said...

Very interesting project. I always think about future , excited about it and always be positive

Masshole Mommy said...

It sounds like BLISS really cares and wants to see some changes made!

Heidi G. said...

I think this is something that can really help lots of people. Thanks for sharing!

Lexie Lane said...

Such a wonderful idea, this is really helpful post and I'd like to share this into my friends.

Mykidsguide said...

I think it's important to know where you are financially. It's nice that we have something like this to help out.

Tracy Iglesias said...

Anything that helps people plan and get prepared and start thinking about their financial futures is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

Shann Soiney said...

I'm concerned with our financial future too. It's best to be prepared.

Jolleen Ruiz said...

This seems like a really helpful app that could improve a lot of people's current situations. It's always good to prepare!

Beth@FrugalFroggie said...

I love many people that enjoy their negative outlook life. It doesn't matter what you say or do they enjoy begin negative and unhappy.

Angie Scheie said...

What a great organization! I haven't heard of BLISS, but loves what it stands for. I try to plan as much as possible, but sometimes life gets in the way!

Liz Mays said...

This is a remarkable program and I'm so glad to hear this is in place!

K. Lee Banks said...

With all the bad news in the world, it's always so refreshing to read about something GOOD!

Ashleigh Walls said...

What a wonderful thing to do for the country! Glad to see people coming together.