29 November, 2015

The build-up of anticipation.

There is this possibly life-changing decision that I will have to make in the next couple of weeks. I am itching to write about it. I am dying to tell people about it. I am tempted to share the deets, BUT now is not the right time to share.Ö And, that leaves me typing away with a vague post just to let some of this excitement out or my heart will explode. You do get me, don't you?

I am super-duper thrilled about it even if there is a slight chance that I may not get what I want. Like in any situation, there are things that we cannot control. It's funny what grown-up stuff, much-needed ME-time, Merlot, some cheese, music, and the holiday season can make you feel. Last Saturday, I had the chance to be alone in a long time and it just felt good to think. It felt right to reflect on my life and everything in between. I had a good kind of thinking and I like how this particular "thing" paved the way to make me positively certain of what I want to do in the next months. I'm glad I took action and right now, I hope that the universe conspires to give me this. I did feel that I was getting good vibes, nice signs about it.

• The other day, just before this important meeting, GET LUCKY played on the radio.
• And then, a fellow blogger left this comment in my previous post, "You never know what you will love until you go and do it."

Ready.

Since we are already talking about anticipation, thought I'd share that I joined a photo contest. It surprised some of my friends, but hey, if you have this constant wanderlust in you, you will most definitely take your chance too. Agree? A few of you already know about my little online adventure with #SingaporeInvites.Ü Joining a photo contest is a new experience for me. I did ask friends, both online and offline, to give me some love and in the process of getting turning the black / gray heart to blue, I was able to catch up with a lot of my high school and college friends. We're all busy people now and many of them migrated to another country — it's just great to re-connect with everyone.

I am not a fan of chats, but I did make an exception for this one. If I don't make it to Singapore ( lol ), there are tons of trips that are being planned right now for reunions and more reunions. It's good to be reminded of the importance of keeping in touch despite how busy we all are.



If you are curious, this is my  my   entry  to #SingaporeInvites.
So if you are feeling extra generous today and have a some extra net time, hope you can help turn that black / gray heart to blue. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for giving me some love. Have a fab week ahead!  ☮..Peace + ❥_Love + Good Vibes. RUSS.

50 comments:

Elizabeth O. said...

I hope everything works out well for you in the coming months. I believe that everything eventually falls into place. Good luck and it's awesome that you joined a photography contest!

Fred Hawson said...

That is indeed a very vague yet thrilling decision you are about to make. Excited to hear what it is all about. You are obviously looking forward to it. Your happiness is palpable with your words.

Kai Darul said...

i hope you win the contest. and yes, you never know what will work for you if you don't try so many things. life is too short to spend on one thing only. get out and live it to the fullest.

Shayn Summer said...

Whatever that is, I hope you'll get it. And this makes me curious, hope you'll share it with us when it comes. Anyways, I've went to the link of your entry and clicked the heart. The photo you have in this post, the blue ocean/sea, i love it. ^^

Anonymous said...

Good luck for your contest!

MyTeenGuide said...

Whatever it is, I am excited for you. I hope you will get it. Good luck!

Fernando Lachica said...

Anticipation for whatever we want in life must be prepared and aware along with our lives. Make decision according to your instinct.

Masshole Mommy said...

I can't wait to hear all about it. Best of luck and hope everything works out the way you are hoping it does.

John Paul Quiambao said...

this is such an amazing experience for you.. i'll go cheering up for you.. :)goodluck..

ConciergeLibrarian said...

I feel you...looking forward in anticipation to a life changing event as well

Franc said...

I know the feeling when you itch your way to an event. This would also give you an excellent perspective of the city.

Mom Knows Best said...

Great photo! My motto is you cant win if you dont enter.

Sunshine Kelly said...

Sometime we need to be alone and have me time to think about what is important for us.

Rachel Mouton said...

How exciting! I hope you win :)

ana de jesus said...

Fingers crossed that you get it and make the right decision.

Nicol said...

beautiful photo and i hope you win! whatever the outcome, be proud of it

Lexie Lane said...

It sounds like a great contest! I hope you win you can do it!

Jessica Harlow said...

I wish you the best of luck! I think it's great that you stepped outside your normal comfort zone and tried this!

Beth@FrugalFroggie said...

I am excited about things that are happening in my future as well. Can't wait to hear your news.

Michelle Mink said...

Isn't the anticipation exciting? Sometimes I love the anxious/excited feeling that I have when awaiting news

Liz Mays said...

It's fun to hear the excitement in your voice for whatever the future has in store for you! Can't wait to hear about it.

May Palacpac said...

Oooooh, how exciting! Chasing after our heart's desires is always a beautiful thing. And yes, it's great to reconnect with people who had once been part of our lives.

lee rosales said...

Claim that you will win. Goodluck on your photo contest. Are there any themes or some sort?

Angie Scheie said...

Exciting things for you!! The photo challenge sounds great too, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with:-)

Victoria Heckstall said...

Everything was be alright and i wish that you have win in the contest, by the way i love the blue ocean pic

Deal Match Maker said...

Photo contest? Sounds fun and very challenging!

Claudette P. Esterine said...

Excitement is a wonderful feeling! It is the one that brings what you really want most so I hope that it does this time for you! All the best!

JOJO VITO said...

pretty exciting... hope win in that contest:)

Ann B said...

I hope whatever you are hoping for comes true. I love the photo in your post as I have constant wanderlust as well.

Ms KathyKenny said...

This is one of the things that I have not yet done that I would like to do so. I'd love to join a photo contest but haven't had the guts to make it a reality . Good luck!

Dhemz said...

It sounds exciting! Whatever it is, good luck!

Susan P. said...

So exciting! It's always so wonderful to try something new!

Chanelle said...

I hope all goes well for you. In the end it all finds its place.

mail4rosey said...

ah, wishing you everything you hope for and more. :)

Autumn Blues Reviews said...

Good luck on your endeavor! I love photography contest and enter often!

Eileen Kelly said...

Well I really hope you get what you want Also enjoy the photo contest

pushkal pandey said...

Truly said that everyone is busy or I should say Very busy, but those awesome moments that one steal from one's mundane life always becomes memorable.

Nancy Laws said...

Good luck, really awesome stuff!

Rachel Mouton said...

How exciting! Good luck on the photo challenge :)

Claire C said...

Good luck in the photo contest :) I hope whatever it it is you can't reveal yet works out too x

Annemarie LeBlanc said...

Some alone time is actually healthy for us. I have not had the chance to give myself this much needed time, but I would definitely have one before this year ends.

Lisa Nolan said...

What a wonderful adventure! Great photo! I could almost smell the scents! Pretty colors too!

Ana said...

Good luck in the photography contest hope it goes well! What would you do out there?

Jeanette Mays said...

Good luck with your photo contest. I would love to enter a few of my photos into them one day.

Lesley said...

Things will work out for you, the anticipation is the hardest part. It's best to take time alone and think about these things.

Shann Soiney said...

I hope whatever you are anticipating comes to a good outcome. Hope to read some good news soon.

Deal Match Maker said...

Photo contest? Sound fun and challenging. I've never participated in a similar contest, maybe in the future

mail4rosey said...

Your excitment is contagious. I am looking forward to hearing more.

OurFamilyWorld said...

I wish you good luck and whatever it is, I pray that you get it. Can't wait to hear about it.

Bismah Abdelgawad said...

Sounds like a really great contest. Wish you all the best!